View Single Post
Old 15th November 2017, 12:51   #76
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

More progressions made. Shame the forum is drying up with projects.... but I've got no where else to keep tabs on this, so might as well keep going.

Started to put the brackets and ancillaries on etc. But remembering that this turbo is not water cooled, just oil cooled, the old pipes had been T-pieced in a couple of places, so I needed to source new ones... or did I...

RickyP originally built the turbo conversion, so I'm guessing this is his work and it had worked fine, if so. The feed was T-pieced from the top bleed at the back, going to the heater matrix.

I have a spare engine, so managed to dissect the top part of the bleed nipple section and the lower half that goes to the rear water housing on the engine.

Interestingly (or not - because you aren't as sad as me) my spare engine has a different rear water housing arrangement (despite it being a J4).

This one on the spare engine, has the lower radiator feed (the bigger one) coming straight out of the block...

Yet on mine, the lower radiator hose comes around almost 90 degrees...

This unfortunately means that I can't use the silicon radiator hose (and top bleed/matrix in) pipes which I'd taken from an old project, so they'll be for sale. Of course I could have re-used the other water feed, but they are brittle when they've been on there and I am tight.

If anyone wants these, then lets talk.

The water feed/return on the thermostat housing was also T-pieced, so replaced that.

It's all coming together. I've been lucky enough to have spares up to this point, so even some stuff that wasn't OEM, I could steal from the spare stock! Just bolts and brackets mainly.

Next tasks are to get some decent nuts and bolts to hold the turbo on, make sure I have the oil feed adapters for the turbo and to make a bracket to support the weight!
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sri_130 For This Useful Post: