View Single Post
Old 24th March 2018, 15:30   #122
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Today was the first proper break down since the rebuild

On the way to the exhaust company, to have a custom downpipe and centre section, it died not far from their gate!

It was driving fine up to that point, maybe a little rich (could smell it, as I was behind) but my dad reports it was perfectly happy until it sat at some traffic lights, where it cut out.
He restarted it and it drove for a few more miles just fine, until it died whilst cruising at 30mph.

It cranks over but will not fire - done all the basic checks, but I am pretty sure it is the crank sensor. So there wasn't much I could do other than check earths, check fuel to rail, unplug and replug coil pack etc etc.

The previous owner had issues with the crank sensor. The plug was badly damaged, so I replaced that. I guess it could just be the sensor itself, as this wasn't replaced. It is the first thing to try anyway.

I've left the car to have the exhaust done, the lads there have offered to replace the sensor, coil pack and plugs if I drop them off, so that's decent of them. I'm on a strict schedule with the remap & transport for the remap, so there was no way I was going to cancel the zorst work.

At first, my heart was in my mouth thinking the worst, when I saw the hazards come on and it pulled over! But I'm quietly confident it is something routine.

Fingers crossed!
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote