View Single Post
Old 8th April 2018, 20:44   #126
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Decent'ish weather at last!

My 'new' repair to the crank sensor plug, seems to be holding out. You can see the red tape in the pic below! I decided against soldering again and used the old crimped connector method instead.

I've plumbed in the boost controller and wound it all the way down, which still results in a boost spike. After consulting the manual, that is actually by design and the gate system can be removed if not required to prevent this. For a minute, I thought it was duff!

The running in oil has run its course (no pun intended), so new oil installed.

Swapped out the fuel filter as well.

Fixed the headlight trim, with new clips all round.

Studded the rear hubs. Fronts were already done from my previous struts on my old track car, which I swapped over 2 years ago. Where does the time go, when you have kids...

Swapped over the rear dampers from my spare/old track car axle.
But I didn't take an 'after' photo. Anyway, fronts are Gaz adjustable & so are the rears.

I've run 20mm spacers on the front for 2 years, so finally sorted the rears at 15mm.

Happy with how it all sits now.

Connected up the wideband. Was watching the values, to see if there was anything interesting. The figures look spot on to me. Nice stoic value at warm idle here.

HenryVTR mentioned earlier the fan is not adequate for the radiator and I can prove he is 100% accurate.
It has to keep on, when at idle just so it can keep it under control. In motion, as he described, it is fine.
I've secure the GMC cooler and rad combo with large fan, so I'll try and sort that for the summer.

Ready for the remap on Wednesday - just a wash, hover and new air freshener to sort. Hopefully update at the end of the week, with good news!

Last edited by sri_130; 8th April 2018 at 21:03.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote