View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:59   #244
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Managed to muster the energy to get into the garage after tea today.

Got the car off the axle stands and sat on my set of VTS rims with my TD1.2's on.

Removed the centre caps off the TD's so I could tension the driveshaft stake nuts. Got them both nice and tight then lifted the drivers side to check if it removed the wobble in the wheel bearing.... NOPE!

So I need to either strip that strut and swap everything into the old strut I took off OR get a bearing fitted!

Just my luck!

Ah well, It's a low priority job at the moment.

Next on the list is to get the arse end in the air and strip the beam off. THEN, I need to bleed the brakes of fluid and swap my rear braided sections in.

THEN:

Get the rear beam off the VTR and swap that onto the VTS, reconnect the brakes and replace the pads and discs.

THEN:

Jack up the front of both cars remove the callipers off both.

Swap the 266's off the VTR onto the VTS and fit the 283's onto the VTR!

My idea is that; The TD's will stay on the VTR as I like the White against the rest of the blue and black.

PLUS,

The black VTR rims will give me a cheaper tyre option should I ever get the opportunity to fit some sticky rubber!

So the VTS will have my 266's with Mintex 1144 pads and Maxtorq disks PLUS a set of yellow stuffs as spares. I've used this setup at Anglesey last time and I know what they are capable of. Once I've used the pads I MAY look at getting some for the 283's and swapping them over but for now I want to stick with this plan as I feel more confident in them compared to the 283's with standard pads that don't have too much meat left on them.

Once the brakes and beams are swapped I need to get the DOT5.1 fluid bled in. Sort the wheel bearing. Collect and fit the seat frame and fit the seat. MAYBE... find a carpet to throw in for the MOT... OH, and paint the welding work.

NOW... If I can try and get the beam on the VTS ready tomorrow then I should be able to get the VTR beam off and the VTS beam onto the VTR on Thursday night. This then would mean that Saturday I could enlist a helper (my mate Jon no doubt) to help me do the brakes.

Oh, and I need a drivers side arch liner as the one I got from Rory was the wrong side lol.

Not much to do then!
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote