Old 27th November 2011, 21:01   #254
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Her you go then mate:

Firstly, Got the welding smoothed off a bit, primered and painted... I forgot to get pics while I did it all but here's the finished item although the ECU covers most of it:

I'll try and remember to take it off and get a better picture this week.

I finally got the Billies on.

I'd decided to keep the beam that is on it due to the ABS sensors and the fact that I don't have enough time to pull two beams apart and swap them over.

I then fitted the new rear discs and pads. I gave everything a clean up and a coat of copper grease to prevent any seizing and squeaking. Unfortunately, it's too late for the bleed nipples. Their seized solid so it looks like i'll be running standard fluid at the track day!

My mate Jon was round helping me and he wanted some stuff doing on his MK2 Golf GTi so I decided we'd put the wheels on at this point and move the car out of the way. When we got it out we realised that the back end was a BIT high!

SO... Lowering needs doing now as well!

I've also decided that the TD's will be used on the track day as they have better tyres on... This also means I can fit the 283's I have got rather than taking the 266's off the VTR to fit to the VTS... Just trying to save time now and get it finished!

I'm also STILL in need of a subframe as the one I got was for the passenger side

I've been out this evening to give all the torsion bars a soak in WD-40 and after tea I tried to loosen them off a bit... No such luck! Everything looks like it's seized solid!!!

I've asked Boony from our region if he could come and have a go... I hope he's more optimistic than I am! I'd hate to waste his time AND have to swap the beams over!

Fingers crossed that this week see's an improvement in my luck!

Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote