View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:33   #1
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member
Arrow New Moderator JUST For General Chat

Hey guys/girls/mods etc etc

over the past few weeks and months i have been spending most my time in general chat.

a few words to describe "some" of the things ive seen:

• pathetic
  • worthless
  • spam
  • abuse
  • bullying
  • dissgust
  • sly tricks
  • rule breaking

and boy i could go on!

Now dont get me wrong there is alot of genuine, imformative, funny, entertaining and intresting threads/posts all the same but alot of these can be taken over in a few minutes by what i like the call the "clowns" of Saxp, which alot of the time is a great shame.

im sure im not the only person who is picking up on this but im certainly not one to be taking part in it all.

this used to be, hmm in some ways still is one of the best forums i am a member on but boy so much has changed and not much of it is for the better!

i constantly see threads closed/locked in general, most which were good threads to start with but soon changed and went off topic or just got filled with crap by people.

now without slating the mods as tbh they do a great job (most of the time ) but there are so many areas to this forum the mods can not be expected to spend the majority of their time in general changing nappies and wiping arses of those who ant control themselves like little children.

so i am proposing a new idea:

A Moderator solely for the General Chat section, no other area should be moderated by this person but other mods can obviously still deal with things in this area.

an ideal person for this role, imho, would be someone who:

• Does not have leniency to certain people or groups
  • Does not make decisions based on what "others" want
  • Is strict but fair as to not spoil the enjoyment and good times found in General
  • Can be easy to talk to by others who have problems or need help (saxp related)
  • Is a time served member

probs more to list but my mind has totally went blank!!

Now, the part which i think im going to get slated for lol

Im putting myself forward for this position/role as the General Chat Moderator. I feel as though i could manage this and tbh i would actually enjoy it and would like to get it back into order!

I also have some new ideas, just a few for now but im positive more will come which i think could help things alot nicely!

I would discuss all this with the current mods IF they think this idea could work and would be beneficial for Saxp.

I would like to hear opinions from all members/mods good or bad.

Please do use your head and keep it on topic though!

Thanks for your time,

Karl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote