simonsaunders
L-plater
Track / Motorsport Prep

simonsaunders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVTR View Post
Haha, cheers guys.

Ahh Simon great stuff thanks.

From what I'm gathering then I need some decent 'drying towels' for after the main shampoo wash. Which ones do you use / recommend? And I need an application pad for the polish!

I've been reading up on the Autoglym Super Resin Polish & Extra gloss protection sealant so will be buying them, I already have the AG shampoo.

So... once the cars dry, apply SRP all over (panel by panel, and buff out with microfibre yeah!)

Then how long do I need to wait to apply the Extra Gloss Protection? Or should I just leave the polish on for the first time so I don't seal it incase I've missed a bit lol!

Cheers dude.
I think that both my towels are Merguiars, but I might be wrong. As much as possible I try to spread the towel out and pat it. Just in case there is any grit left; you don't want to drag it over the car. When you're finished the towel should be as clean as when you started, albeit wet; if the towel is getting dirty, you've not cleaned the car properly!

I just follow the instructions on the bottle! I normally do it all on the same day, but after I'm done with the polish I tend to have a little sit down and rest, come back, lift off any little spots of polish I've left and then get on with the sealant.

If you've not tried claying before, give it a go. It lifts off loads of crap that you'd never shift otherwise.
simonsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote