View Single Post
Old 16th June 2010, 23:27   #1
citroen_saxo_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Vectra sri 2.6 v6
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
citroen_saxo_vtr is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel gauge fix

For all of you who has a fuel gauge issue i may have the cure. My gauge went haywire i would turn the ignition on and the red light would come on then the needle bounce 3 times, i replaced the sender unit and it cured it but iv had a 16v conversion done since and its done it again and another sender didnt cure it, i tried loads but i have now found a cure simple put a wire on a earth and hold it onto the yellow and green wire that is the end wire on the fuel pump/sender unit under the rear seat, it takes a while to register and your gauge should work! if it does get one of those little wire connectors that join two wires and connect it inline with the thicker earth next to it (green and yellow) the fuel pump earth. Make sure you do a decent job and use insolation tape round it because its near the fuel tank. The reason for the earth is because it breaks inside the dials i have now found out so when people say the dials are broken give this ago first. I have done it to mine tonight and iv since filled it with petrol and drove the car for abit and the gauge works fine. Simples. Hope this help a few of you with fuel gauge issues.

If you earth the other end wire on the plug think it was purple or pink and hold it there for a few mins to register on the gauge it should read full, i tested all of these.

Last edited by citroen_saxo_vtr; 16th June 2010 at 23:30.
citroen_saxo_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citroen_saxo_vtr For This Useful Post: