View Single Post
Old 20th July 2011, 22:04   #85
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
LOL cheapskate.....

Your arguments are pathetic, honestly, I won't even bother debating your last comment as it is clear I have huge amounts more of knowledge of computers in general then you.
As ive said im not arguing my dear boy im making an opinion get of your high horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
So your mac will out perfom my pc but you can't back it up with figures or benchmarks or stats or proof , the only scientific way of doing it. I'll believe it when I see it or proved otherwise, rise to the challenge and put your money (which I assume you have a lot of if you're wasting it on a mac lololololol) where your mouth is.
Okay give me a challange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
1) PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a PC.

2) Computers are not made out of plastic. The front is usually made out of Plastic to add a better finish to the machine but behind the case will actually be made out of metal.

No they really are not. desktops are. laptops are not which is what im talking about.

3) Both Windows OS and OSX have defrag. Defragmenting is the process of grouping together all the data that makes up a file and storing it in a single area on the Hard Drive to reduce seek times on the disk which in turn improves read/write performance.

In this aspect, OSX is actually stupid and Defrags constantly which increases load on the disk, slows performance, slows read/write speeds and causes unneseccary wear on the disk itself. In Windows its an option that can be run manually or scheduled. Under normal usage a computer shouldn't need to be defragmented any more than maybe twice a year at the most and should be done while the computer isnt being used.

I didnt know osx done it in the background. lets be honest thats so much better you never see it happening and it really doesnt affect performance. Ive already said i can run numerous programmes and it doesnt slow so stop bringing up the same point.

4) It wont. Like I have said before, the hardware underneath is EXACTLY the same. Mac's used to use Apples own processors but made the switch to Intel CPU's found in Windows computers back in 2004. Your OS then requires more system resources to run itself which means software has fewer resources to run which will result in slower performance.

Your making pointless points i already know they use processors based on windows computers

5) Not possible, unless Apple have mastered quantum computing and secretly built it into a Mac if you run software it WILL slow down. Yes obviously it slows but its is not noticeable lag in performance i can run unlimited tracks recording and do numerous more tasks without a slow in performance. Whereas windows is a noticeable slow down you see that time glass every two seconds. im just talking from personal experience so please everyone stop moaning. this is an opinion based poll not an argument.

Thats a bit like saying that it doesnt matter how much you have to carry you can still cover a mile in the same time. If you have programs taking up resources, other programs wont be able to use it and will run slower.
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote