Old 24th October 2018, 14:27   #191
shannon-ob
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
shannon-ob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
I thought it was about time I updated this thread with what we’re doing now. The Icelandic and Black Saxo’s were stripped and sold for parts earlier this year. Nathan, Nath89, who helped build the three Saxos over the past two and a half years, took the money he made and sensibly put it towards a house move, and I used my half to buy a Bianca S2 Rallye.

We actually spotted the Rallye when we went to see Adam, adam661, for Saxo parts. It was stored in the corner of his lockup and had been off the road since around 2009. I offered to buy the car a few times, and eventually Adam needed the space so agreed to sell it. I never properly looked around the car, Adam sent a brief list of modifications along a few pictures, and confirmed he’d had it running. We agreed a price and I had the car delivered to my house back in March. I had no idea what was going to turn up. I’ve found a few posts on different forums, including this one, but if anyone knows the history of this car please let me know. The plate is R40LYE, which I think was transferred on to the car in 2003, but intend on putting the original plate back on.

From what I’ve found on forums, looking at the car, and in the paperwork that came with the car, as far as I’m aware the spec is:

Original S2 1.6 8v Rallye engine on 91k
S1 Rallye inlet and TB, all sensors and longer throttle cable
Norris Motorsport ported and polished head
Piper 284 deg. fast road cam
Piper Vernier Pulley advanced 10 deg.
Raceland 8v 4 Branch Manifold
Ecosse Sports Cat.
Ecosse Devil Catback exhaust with no tip (previous owner said it had been cut off)
Ecosse loom and mapped, dyno'd in 2005 at 138bhp
Spoox (?) quickshift
Lowered about 60-70mm, no idea on the make of the springs
Polybushed rear beam
Bilstein shocks
OMP lower strut brace
Unknown brace across the rear bench floor panel which I think was used to fix harnesses
Welded subframe rails
15” Speedline Comp2 Wheels in White
266mm brake conversion with Willwood 4 piston callipers
Goodridge stainless braided brake hoses
Clear side repeater - passenger side missing
White Mirror Caps
White Door Handles
Aero quick release bonnet catches
Tornado Motorsport full roll cage
OMP Corsica steering wheel and lifeline boss – not sure whether this is fake
Stripped interior, no seats, no carpet etc., dash and been chopped and heater matrix removed. But it does have the original S2 Rallye door cars.
Fuel lines and fuel filter have been relocated in to the cabin

The car comes with loads of paperwork, including a few £1k invoices. It has some cosmetic damage, there’s the odd scratch here and there and the bonnet and dashboard both need replacing. It also needs a new alternator. The aerial has been crudely removed and the roof has rusted. Rear beam looks fine. I got it running using a new battery and it started straight away. The car idles a little high and the revs fluctuate about a bit, but other than that it sounds fine. I started working on the car over summer. The engine has already been removed and welding has started in the engine bay and across the sub frame. The plans are to get the car back on the road as soon as possible, and maybe do a few track days next year.

Here are a few pictures of the Rallye when it was first delivered:

For some reason only the second photo works for me. But from the spec and that photo it looks a great base! In fact what I was after for a re-shell.

I think I Should update what I have now! Be good to see the forum coming back alive again.

EDIT: first photo works now as well!
EDIT 2: last photo works too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
I wouldn't even trust my Mrs with a toaster, let alone a Golf R.

Last edited by shannon-ob; 24th October 2018 at 14:29.
shannon-ob is offline   Reply With Quote