View Single Post
Old 18th April 2009, 12:09   #6
VTR-Daemon
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Silver Saxo VTR MK II
VTR-Daemon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsd70 View Post
I know this subject has been heavily discussed but cannot find all info from using the search so any further advice would be appreciated thanks...

I am becoming increasingly worried about where i can rest the car on axle stands, i prefer to jack the car using the citroen scissor jack as it fits into the sill comfortably but am unable to find a secure place for axle stands on all 4 corners of the car.

Whilst changing my cambelt my dad used a normal car jack with a block of wood and placed it under the car (cant remember where exactly), basically it was weak and bend underneath the car and i was very angry.

Would someone be able to provide pictures of exactly where they can be placed securley, thanks in advance

I've never actually used axle stands tbh... normally use a scissor jack to lift it off then used a trolley jack (my cars lowered so the trolley jack dont fit underneath it unless slightly jacked up beforehand you should be able to fit a trolley jack underneath if its not lowered) and as said before i put a trolley jack on the point near where the wishbones bolt through and its always bin sturdy and ive never had any bother... If you dont think its safe enough stick your spare tyre somehere like underneath the alloy on the side your working on or something just to reassure that if it does collapse it'll save your suspension and your head never really jacked the back end up so cant help you there sorry mate
VTR-Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote