View Single Post
Old 1st August 2011, 13:08   #122
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Adam you forget though that not everyone wants to/is ever going to open up their pc.

I had pcs for years, I was never interested in removing it and upgrading largely because I dont know where to start. Id buy a 1k machine or wtf it was and within months it was worth fuck all.

Look at it from a non geeky point of view about wanting to strip the thing down and rebuild it every 5mins a new processor comes out.

Pcs dont hold value well Macs do (thanks to the fact its a highly desirable product). So if you can afford the initial price of purchasing one its not that bad, plus my Imac you dont need much computer geekness to upgrade the ram.
If you were planning on only keeping a pc for a few months and then wanting to sell the entire thing then it'd be an issue, yar - But it's still not a strong argument. Most people keep their PCs, Mac's for years. You're in the minority if you can't work your way into a pc and replace the ram - that's not being rude by the way. Put it like this, you're being stubborn if you wouldn't go into your pc - if you can change a wheel on a car you can change the ram on your computer. Or if you genuinely won't go into a pc for what ever reason and you do need to upgrade then you buy a prebuilt machine for circa £400. sell the old one for say a tenner. Or sell your mac for £1000 (pulled off ebay for a previous gen imac) and pay £1700 for the 'latest' mac (which is the equivalent of £400 machine probably).

The figures still don't add up for the macs.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote