View Single Post
Old 17th November 2009, 17:37   #221
Badgersport
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi 16v, Fiesta Tdci
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Haven't updated this in a while. Not alot has really happened as i am saving towards a place for me and the misses.

Heres what i have been upto:

This is where the xsi used to be kept - My dad went ape when he saw the grass.....or lack of.

He told my my car had to go.......he wanted me to trade it in against a new car - For him! So i decided to ask my grandad if i could rent/borrow his spare garage.

This is what i faced

Got the car out....started 1st time after a month (Also my 180bhp TDI Ibiza in the background)

After sorting out the garage the car was fitting back in with a bit more space to work. I had to put some of my grandads stuff back in.......hes 93........and would kick my ass all over the shop if i chucked it out!

This is only half the crap i took down the tip / tat man had off me.

Not much more left to tidy before i take my tool box down

Well now the toolbox is at my grandads.....and jeeeez its heavy really should of removed my tools:

With my tools with me i got to work on the xsi..........whilst it was hammering it down outside!
2 old rear shocks with 1 shiney Spax.........think i had already fitted the one

I then set to tackle the front. Complete leg off

I would of got the standard damper out but i had forgot my stiltons to get the locking nut off.

I have started to clean up the arches.

Before:

During:

Got a lick of hammerite on the front suspension legs. I have removed the standard dampers and will fit the spax when the legs are fully dry

Before:

After:

Legs built up with new spax dampers and 60mm spax springs

Got a couple of coats of hammerite on one of the arches

Started to bolt the suspension back in place

I have now got both arches painted up and the car back on the ground.

Ste