View Single Post
Old 18th June 2008, 18:02   #32
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
AVG is good, but i found it slowed my PC down, takes longer to boot.
AVG does that, also when integrated with outlook using pop3 it more or less fucks my pc when it pulls down e-mail from my pop3 server

But cant argue because its freeeeee

Personally all registry cleaning software is shit imo, if you are downloading one of them you clearly dont know what your doing in the registry, i downloaded one as my mate told me it tries to delete your registry, he was right, it detected almost everything as damaged and to remove it! it was a recommended download from downloads.com too

Best thing to do is the start up list from all programs and remove anything like itunes and shit from there.

Or if your a little more hardcore start > run >msconfig and remove any start up items, anything you dont know of i would personally leave

Another way of speeding it up is right mouse clicking my computer > properties > advanced > performance settings, select adjust for best performance, then scroll to the bottom of the list and select the bottom 3

So then you can still keep your lovely theme

Last edited by Steve; 18th June 2008 at 18:06.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote