View Single Post
Old 20th March 2006, 00:56   #55
oilman
Established Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
oilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by keydogg
oilman, whagt do you think of Torco SR-1 oil? ive heard some good reports as its 100% fully synthetic and meant to be v good quality.

heres the spec sheet

Torco SR-1

i have a standard 01 Y reg VTS 1.6 16v

i can get some at cost price and was thinking of buying 5l worth and doing an oil change. also, what oil filter would you recommend for me?

last week i put in about 750ml of some none synthetic 10w40 bog standard oil from asda because my oil level depreciated rapidly due to a leaky oil cap. i plan to get the torco oil and perform an oil change with the next fortnight and be back on track.

since putting the bog standard oil in, my car seems a bit flat as if it has lost power slightly. dont know whether this is just my mind playing games or true? cant wait to get some decent oil in!
You can't beat a decent oil so if your car is driven hard, use a good one not any old cheap rubbish.

Torco, sounds good doesn't it? Well it's probably better than some of the average oils out there but based on the shear numbers, not a patch on the likes of Silkolene Pro or Motul 300V and that's what counts, how shear stable is the oil and the Torco not the best by far.

Cheers
Simon
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote