iVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Mk2 Silver VTR
iVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
If the car is filthy, I:

Pressure wash
Snow foam. Currently using some cheap stuff from Halfords. Smells of bubblegum, seems OK
Push the snow foam around the wheels with a paint brush
Pressure wash
2 bucket wash with a lambs wool mitt. Normally use Autoglym shampoo, bought in bulk online.
Hosepipe rinse
Dry with two towels. One towel for moving most of the water, second towel for drying out.

All three of my cars are crying out for a clay and then I normally use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and the Extra Gloss protection sealant. I use proper polish applicators. Although I only do this annually TBH. But normally double polish (plus a bit of cutting on any scuffs) and triple seal.

I always wash my towels and mitt in the washing machine after. No point in pushing grit over lovely clean paint.

I'm a bit of an Autoglym whore, but that all started when I got given a load.

FYI, all their interior stuff is really good too. Especially their Interior Shampoo - suitable for just about any surface and gets sooooo much mucky shit out.
Haha, cheers guys.

Ahh Simon great stuff thanks.

From what I'm gathering then I need some decent 'drying towels' for after the main shampoo wash. Which ones do you use / recommend? And I need an application pad for the polish!

I've been reading up on the Autoglym Super Resin Polish & Extra gloss protection sealant so will be buying them, I already have the AG shampoo.

So... once the cars dry, apply SRP all over (panel by panel, and buff out with microfibre yeah!)

Then how long do I need to wait to apply the Extra Gloss Protection? Or should I just leave the polish on for the first time so I don't seal it incase I've missed a bit lol!

Cheers dude.