View Single Post
Old 14th June 2015, 14:01   #9
iVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Mk2 Silver VTR
iVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaunders View Post
I think that both my towels are Merguiars, but I might be wrong. As much as possible I try to spread the towel out and pat it. Just in case there is any grit left; you don't want to drag it over the car. When you're finished the towel should be as clean as when you started, albeit wet; if the towel is getting dirty, you've not cleaned the car properly!

I just follow the instructions on the bottle! I normally do it all on the same day, but after I'm done with the polish I tend to have a little sit down and rest, come back, lift off any little spots of polish I've left and then get on with the sealant.

If you've not tried claying before, give it a go. It lifts off loads of crap that you'd never shift otherwise.
Thanks mate.

Halfrauds got it all at 3 for 2 at the minute. Unsure whether their own branded microfibre 60x60 towel is worth £14 quid though. Looks like I can get 2 relatively big ones off ebay for £11 so might do that and stock up with more AG goods instead.

Claying I haven't even read into that was mind-boggled enough as it is haha. Is it difficult? I'll check it out.

Cheers L33h will investigate towels on ebay tonight. Man I'm becoming exciting talking about wet towels