Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 14th April 2016, 10:31   #101
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

I've only been there twice and not done many laps. Know it in my head perfectly from years of youtube and forza but I bet if I was to go on again I would be slow as hell. The place is so so intimidating especially to someone new to it!

I didn't mean slow as in the lap as 8:30 is very good it just looks slower than the usual standard window out gopro view most people film in.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 19:48   #102
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Dom is on a distinguished road

Pleased you survived in one piece. For people on this forum who haven't been, 8.20/30 on the ring is terrifying. It's the sort of time the M3 ring taxi's put in.

Thanks for the review on the suspension too, that's one set I certainly won't be buying!
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 19:58   #103
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah that's the dictated time for the ring taxi's. I think you would need to know the place pretty well to push hard enough for 8:30 in any car!
Old 14th April 2016, 20:32   #104
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v Desire
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Tom5190 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully with some ARB's, new springs poly bushes & a decent set of seats with harnesses ill hit the 8 minute mark in September. That's the aim anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Pleased you survived in one piece. For people on this forum who haven't been, 8.20/30 on the ring is terrifying. It's the sort of time the M3 ring taxi's put in.

Thanks for the review on the suspension too, that's one set I certainly won't be buying!
Yea 100% do not buy V1. I wish I had just gone for V3 from the start

I was happy with the times this go around to be honest. I passenger in an M3 that did 7:28... that was scary haha. I managed an 8:53 at my absolute best with it back in September so the mods have certainly helped.

For any VAG owners on this platform that may be interested here's a few more images & feedback on the other stuff.

So the tyres are good, a lot more grip than the PS3's & they have worn well. I drove the car hard & they got quite hot. No problems there I think they are a bargin. The grip levels aren't near R888's but for £75 a corner they are well worth the money. Few photos below of them after the 9 laps:

DSC07114 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07107 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07102 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

The brakes were awesome, insanely better than the last setup. I stamped on them hard, did back to back laps & the performance didn't drop off. No warpped discs or damaged pads either, I don't think I could be any harsher on the brakes than I was, I pushed them as much as possible, here's a picture of them straight after the 9th lap:

DSC07105 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

Last edited by Tom5190; 14th April 2016 at 20:35.
Tom5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 00:03   #105
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

That's a shame RE the KW's, I didn't realise they were V1's, thought you'd gone for V3's! I'll be getting a set of clubsports eventually (I miss saxo prices for bilstein's haha)

Agree with dom, anything around 8:30 is bloody quick! looks like you had a couple of nice laps out there, and the car is performing pretty well! looking forward to getting myself back this summer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 19:28   #106
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Tell me about it prices for parts on these suck!

It went well I was really happy with it, just got to get a few bits sorted on it before I go back. I'm not sure if I'm risking damage with oil temps & the standard sump. I'm temped to try and get an oil cooler & baffled sump on there at the same time as arbs & bushes but ill see how it goes.
Old 15th April 2016, 20:29   #107
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
Tell me about it prices for parts on these suck!

It went well I was really happy with it, just got to get a few bits sorted on it before I go back. I'm not sure if I'm risking damage with oil temps & the standard sump. I'm temped to try and get an oil cooler & baffled sump on there at the same time as arbs & bushes but ill see how it goes.
After my oil pressure incident I did look into baffled sumps, it turns out the standard sumps are already baffled, as long as the Oil level is okay you shouldn't need one. Along with how shallow the sumps are, if you look at how deep the pick up pipe sits into the sump its not needed imo.

Ever thought of running an the oil pump without the balance shaft? Worth looking into!
Old 15th April 2016, 20:44   #108
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
After my oil pressure incident I did look into baffled sumps, it turns out the standard sumps are already baffled, as long as the Oil level is okay you shouldn't need one. Along with how shallow the sumps are, if you look at how deep the pick up pipe sits into the sump its not needed imo.

Ever thought of running an the oil pump without the balance shaft? Worth looking into!
Hmmm weird mines not I've had it off to change the pickup, the pickup is quite close to the bottom of the sump mind your right there. Maybe it will be ok my cornering speeds aren't that excessive to be honest I'm just a bit worried about it.

I haven't..... what's the reasons behind that? I think I remember you saying something about the balance shaft causing some problems?

How is yours anyways I've not seen any updates on it? I bet it fly's!!
Old 15th April 2016, 23:30   #109
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
Hmmm weird mines not I've had it off to change the pickup, the pickup is quite close to the bottom of the sump mind your right there. Maybe it will be ok my cornering speeds aren't that excessive to be honest I'm just a bit worried about it.

I haven't..... what's the reasons behind that? I think I remember you saying something about the balance shaft causing some problems?

How is yours anyways I've not seen any updates on it? I bet it fly's!!
Strange? Maybe we have different sumps? I did have a Seat Cupra K1 sump on for a month whilst running the engine in, that was a different design/shape inside to my normal S3 sump, also the K1 didn't have the Oil level sensor hole in the bottom. My normal S3 sump has baffles on the sides and ridges at the bottom.

I can't exactly pin point how the balance shaft has changed the engine as it was all transformed in one hit, but I'm sure Alex @ AKS will tell you the benefits of it. Driving the car at high RPM is less of a concern, at 7k the balance shaft will be doing 14k rpm, it's maximum. I'm not concerned with that mechanism fucking up on track anymore.

Mines going very well tbh, need to change the Valve springs in the next couple of weeks. It made it to the ring and back without a drama a couple of weeks ago! It's running 400bhp at 1.6 bar, it'll pass 425bhp at its designed 1.8bar but I can't push boost until the weaker variant of valve springs are removed. So much for the TTE420 being the greatest product eh. The tuning company (who are very friendly with TTE) criticised my Turbo for spooling too quickly?

I will update my thread when I can, kept it more to my Facebook than forum's lately
Old 1st June 2016, 22:45   #110
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Had a change of plan with the car, I didn't keep it off the road again. Weather has been too good & the dates for Ring in August/September are looking pretty bad in terms of what's on each weekend. So I'm in limbo a bit with that at the minute, thought I may as well just drive it daily again and enjoy it. If it looks like I wont get back over to the ring I'll probably wait until winter again to do the ARBs & bushes etc when it is off the road over Christmas time.

In the mean time I've changed all 4 wheel bearings so its got a full new set on, & changed the oil and filter. There's a photo of the TTRS brake cooling plates as well which I had missed of the previous update. Not 100% convinced if they actually do much. So I've had a few weekend drives out, messed around with the ride heights and got to a nice height were it doesn't seem to be rubbing at all on the road now under any type of driving.

Some pointless pictures:

DSC07484 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07488 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07496 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07498 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07500 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07505 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07515 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
Old 1st June 2016, 23:14   #111
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Looks good! Gold badges maybe?
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:27   #112
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

Tom, its still beautiful mate!
Old 12th June 2016, 18:35   #113
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Hmmm not sure on the gold badges, however I've got it de-badged at the minute. I think its a bit shit without the Audi rings so they will go back on when the vinyl comes off I think.

Cheers Rob!

Currently its in Le Mans trim again, went for something different that last time:

DSC07537 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07553 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07558 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC07567 by T.walker5190, on Flickr
Old 12th June 2016, 19:55   #114
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

That's how it should always look!
Old 12th June 2016, 21:26   #115
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

Haha, I'm going to leave the red on for as long as I can not sure how well it ill stay like that but ill find out!
Old 12th June 2016, 21:42   #116
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

What is it all a decal or a wrap?
Old 12th June 2016, 21:55   #117
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

The red bit is just normal AirLease car wrap. I just bought 4 metres of it and cut out what I needed it comes in 1534mm rolls.

The rest of the stickers are all from a website called https://www.stickeredup4lemans.com/ they are all individual stickers them ones
Old 12th June 2016, 22:05   #118
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I wouldn't have the creativity or a clue as to how to even do that so props! Definately looks more "sporty" (bloody hate that word" but it does!
Old 12th June 2016, 22:10   #119
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

It was a pain in the arse ive not wrapped before. My dad did most of the hard work actually I just warmed shit up and held stuff lol. It took 6 hours to do the rear bumper. About 4 hours for each side and 5 hours for the boot. Just for the red. I wont be doing it again I know that!
Old 10th July 2016, 20:42   #120
Tom5190
Saxperience Post Whore

So Le Mans was fine no problems on the trip.... sort of... which is always a bonus. I ripped my LCR splitter off while we were camping, which im not going to replace so the splitter has gone now. The car got pretty muddy!:

DSC07568 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

The car hit the 200,000 miles mark when we were in France! Due to the amount of time it took me to put the red vinyl sections on I decided to leave them on the car a few more weeks.

I had a run over to the lakes this morning and spent the day over there driving round:

DSC08866 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

DSC08905 by T.walker5190, on Flickr