Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Photoshop Chat... > Resources

Resources If you have some interesting photoshop tutorials or shapes, etc to share, discuss them within this forum.

Old 20th June 2010, 16:05   #1
Lewis
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Megane 225
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Lewis is on a distinguished road
Default Guide to Photo shopping sideskirts to cars

Guide to Photo shopping side skirts

Ok so I’ve made a guide for those of you that wish to transfer body kits onto cars from other vehicles for example.

To start with we have an image of a Toyota Glanza V; I’ve used a large image size from Google for this exercise.

I have also obtained an image of a Toyota Supra with a Veilside body kit. It is important to get an image from around the same angle to reduce work for yourself later on

Firstly open up both images in Photoshop (I’m using CS5) with the Supra on top of the Glanza. Rasterize the supra image if necessary by right clicking on the layer in the ‘layers’ panel, then ‘Rasterize layer’.

Now draw around the side skirt using the polygonal lasso tool, then right click > select inverse > delete on keyboard, so we have something like this:

Now by using the Distort, Free transform, Warp and Stamp tools where necessary (which can be found under 'Edit') to manipulate the side skirt so it fits the Glanza. You should have something similar to this below:

Now we are going to get the colour more or less the same, this is my method but feel free to experiment.

Staying on the side skirt layer, go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate. Then Image > Adjustments > Colour balance. Now play around with the colours to get a general match of colour as we can change the 'Hue' next. You will have something like this:

Now using Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast you can get an almost perfect colour match like below:

Now using the Blur tool and Stamp if necessary you can get the side skirt to blend into the body kit.

The last thing to do is add a slight shadow for realism. Select the Brush tool, set the ‘Hardness’ to 0%, then the ‘Size’ to about 190px, ‘Opacity' to about 20%, and 'Flow' to about 20%. Now select the Glanza layer from the layers menu. Now put some paint under the side skirt slowly building up the paint. Be sparing and stop when the shadow looks realistic.

Hopefully you should now have something like mine.

Thank you for reading my guide to Photo shopping side skirts!

Feel free to give feedback.

Lewis

Property of Lewis Bunn

Last edited by Lewis; 20th June 2010 at 20:31.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 16:14   #2
sneydster
Infrequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo West Coast
sneydster is on a distinguished road

I've always wanted to have a play with photoshop but always get put off as it looks a lot more difficult than what it probably is, but I think after you doing this has made it seem a lot easier so think I'm gonna give this a try, nice one
sneydster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sneydster For This Useful Post:
Old 20th June 2010, 16:34   #3
Furio-92
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Cammed and VTR'd Furio. Corsa c - Slammed & Euro
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Furio-92 is on a distinguished road

It wont let me Rasterize layer
Old 20th June 2010, 16:59   #4
Lewis
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Megane 225
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Lewis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio-92 View Post
It wont let me Rasterize layer
Rasterizing isnt always neccessary, PS will tell you if an image needs rasterizing
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote