Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 24th May 2014, 18:57   #1
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
saxo_90 is on a distinguished road
Default More flavour!

Starting a diet as I'm turning into a bit of a fat b*****d! Planning to stick to brown rice, chicken, fish and veg after someone (maybe matt?) posted it. I have a bad bread addiction so cutting that out completely. Any ideas of ways to add more flavour to the chicken and rice? I like spicy things and almost everything else for that matter. Any help advice would be appreciated. Also go to uni most days so I have to use Tupperware etc so has to be pre-made or able to get on the go. I'm just over 14st and 5ft 11ins of which hardly any is muscle. After breaking my arm over a year ago I piled it on and now at my heaviest. Would like to bulk up but though getting rid of weight would be best first? Just need some guidance

Last edited by saxo_90; 24th May 2014 at 21:10.
saxo_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 21:48   #2
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Get the Nandos spice rub thing, it's about 97p a pack, that's the dogs, their marinades are pretty jazzy too
Old 24th May 2014, 21:52   #3
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Cheers mate. Just from the local supermarket I take it? I've tried cooking some garlic in passata but turned out bland. At a bit of a loose end because the brown rice really gets a bit dry after a while in the Tupperware. I have Tilda brown basmati rice but I think I'm going to switch to long grain.
Old 24th May 2014, 22:00   #4
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

I'll reply tomorrow on the laptop matey, on my phone at the minute. I'm just over 14 stone and 5"11 also, exactly the same aims!
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 14:12   #5
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

If you're keeping your carbs clean as you seem to be meals can be dry, you eating much sweet potato? I mash that a lot and it seems like less of a dry meal, when i'm on carbs that is.

Look up 'walden farms' they do a variety of low calorie/low carb sauces, there more expensive but it depends how strict you are...

I'm personally giving my meals a splash of the heinz chipotle and I also use hot pepper sauce, it brings them to life a bit more. A lot of sauces are ok in moderation, just be weary of the typical bbq/sweet chilli type sauces that are filled with sugar.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 23:36   #6
saxo_90
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
Get the Nandos spice rub thing, it's about 97p a pack, that's the dogs, their marinades are pretty jazzy too
Got three packets of the rub (hot, garlic and lemon n herb) put the hot one in today with the nandos hot sauce and brought the tinned tomatoes to life. Cheers for the pointer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
I'll reply tomorrow on the laptop matey, on my phone at the minute. I'm just over 14 stone and 5"11 also, exactly the same aims!
Cheers mate. Just need to try and keep the motivation up

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
If you're keeping your carbs clean as you seem to be meals can be dry, you eating much sweet potato? I mash that a lot and it seems like less of a dry meal, when i'm on carbs that is.

Look up 'walden farms' they do a variety of low calorie/low carb sauces, there more expensive but it depends how strict you are...

I'm personally giving my meals a splash of the heinz chipotle and I also use hot pepper sauce, it brings them to life a bit more. A lot of sauces are ok in moderation, just be weary of the typical bbq/sweet chilli type sauces that are filled with sugar.
With regards to keeping carbs clean, I'm not really sure what I'm doing lol. Most of my mates are all just average or slightly overweight so not got anyone handy that I can get tips from. I'll give the sweet potato a go as I've had it roasted before and enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of sweet chilli anyways as I always got for hot sauce or chipotle paste through the rice and it gives it a hot BBQ flavour.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:50   #7
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Buy kale dude! It's amazing

Just pan fry some garlic in a little oil, then lash a load of kale in and salt & pepper

Mouthgasm