Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd April 2015, 17:47   #321
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

New suspension is taking shape nicely. I didn't want to modify the car in any way but out of necessity I've have done slightly in the interests of better quality parts.

I couldn't find any original genuine dampers and most aftermarket OE replacements now seem to be mostly cheap unknown makes. So I've opted for Bilstein B4's which are 20% increase on standard damping rates & importantly other than the Bilstein sticker appear 'stock'

Same scenario with the springs, after recommendation I've gone for the Eibach Pro springs which have a subtle 20-30mm drop allegedly. And as before they're black to appear 'stock' other than an Eibach stamp on the rear of one of the coils.

Also managed to get a complete Genuine new old stock top mount assembly & bearing. I just need some new dust covers and bump stops now then they'll be complete to mate up with the hub section

willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:33   #322
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2003 Icelandic Grey 16v VTR 1991 Daihatsu GTti
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Mickswan is on a distinguished road

This car is the biggest cock tease

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452645
Mickswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 19:35   #323
willsy
West Midlands

willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

I've almost finished the process of gathering and refurbing bits of the front suspension. The subframe and ARB went to the powder coaters this afternoon. I spent some time prepping the subframe first, the production process doesn't seem to care too much for a tidy finish so I've flatted down all of the stray weld spatter and rounded the edges on some of the harsher corners of the individual parts.

I've been to Peugeot & ordered a complete set of replacement fittings.

I've also sent off a V888 Request for vehicle information to DVLA, hopefully they'll be able to provide me with some bits & bobs to replenish the lost history for the car and old MOT's as I still don't know when it was last 'on the road'
Old 7th April 2015, 20:17   #324
iSlayeR
Established Member

Car(s): Turbocharged vtr
iSlayeR is on a distinguished road

Really like reading this thread! I love your work
iSlayeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 19:42   #325
willsy
West Midlands

Nice freshly refurbished steering wheel to add to my ever growing 'to fit' list.

Old 9th April 2015, 06:53   #326
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Nice freshly refurbished steering wheel to add to my ever growing 'to fit' list.

is it your own wheel refurbed or an ebay/your magic contacts find? as it looks mint

the welding splatter, is that on the subframe?
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 17:24   #327
willsy
West Midlands

Yes the weld spatter was on the subframe, apparently having asked 205/309 owners the spatter was on all of them, seems Peugeot weren't too bothered about cosmetic appearance on the subframes

The steering wheel isn't my original, a leather restorer was selling one that he'd done already. So the original ones now spare.

More bits back from being powder coated.

No more crappy welding spatter spots

Also got my original front bumper mounting leafs coated as the new ones that I got re coated vary slightly
Old 17th April 2015, 19:00   #328
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2003 Icelandic Grey 16v VTR 1991 Daihatsu GTti
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Mickswan is on a distinguished road

All in the detail

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452645
Mickswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015, 06:08   #329
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

I know its a Goodwood but this is apparently concourse and warranting 10 grand, if the level of detail and finish of yours so far is continued then it completely blows the Goodwood apart

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2914330375...671&rmvSB=true
Old 21st April 2015, 12:31   #330
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_123 View Post
I know its a Goodwood but this is apparently concourse and warranting 10 grand, if the level of detail and finish of yours so far is continued then it completely blows the Goodwood apart

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2914330375...671&rmvSB=true
The goodwood is rarer however

This car gives me a proper stiffy. Need to have a real gander at the underside of my Xant as it's had a liberal coating of LHM and diesel from perished pipes
Old 21st April 2015, 17:12   #331
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkostu View Post
The goodwood is rarer however
It's a shame 'how many left' doesn't distinguish between Phase 1 and Phase 2 GTi's as I rekon the Phase 1's would be close, if not have the edge over the Goodwood in the rarity stakes. Not many left of either though sadly.

I know a good recipe for success to use on your Xant if you have the time/patience for it :-) toothbrush and Autosmart Tardis really has worked wonders
Old 22nd April 2015, 09:22   #332
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

How many left is wholly inaccurate bud, there have been member's clubs with more cars on their show stands than should even exist lol
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:59   #333
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
How many left is wholly inaccurate bud, there have been member's clubs with more cars on their show stands than should even exist lol
Depends on how they've been marked on the reg docs. Misspellings and missing/added trims soon bump up numbers.

Willsy it's more the space than anything. From the looks of it, might be off the road for a few weeks soon so can easily get it on ramps and get underneath it! Plus the fact it's a daily means it will get dirty fast.

Last edited by chinkostu; 22nd April 2015 at 15:01.
Old 30th April 2015, 15:08   #334
willsy
West Midlands

More goodies arriving from Peugeot. Half of the order towards completing the nut/bolt rebuild of the front suspension

Off with the old spring/damper assembly

Still waiting for a few bits to arrive but to keep the garage tidy-ish I popped the new ones back on for a photo after cleaning the remainder of the arch

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 2nd May 2015, 14:42   #335
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

This is looking really tidy!
Old 4th May 2015, 19:51   #336
willsy
West Midlands

Just waiting for the last few bits to arrive for the suspension. I've decided to replace the clutch aswel whilst everything's off, seems like a good idea to do it now.

I have been tending to the strut tops aswel, as is common between the inner turret and the top mount which is metal on these there was some surface rust that was beginning. This looks worse with the rusty metal from the old top mount fusing with the inner turret. Apparently it's not uncommon for rust here to be terminal. Fortunately mines at very early stages so there's no problem treating it properly and getting it back as it should have originally been. I've wire brushed (drill attachments) as much as I could then I've been applying some rust removal gel to get all the last bits off. One more application of that should complete it then I'll apply the necessary layers of paint etc.

Only started the drivers side so far

Old suspensions had it's day

New assembly

And after lying on the floor under the car got a bit much for the day I spent some time getting this up to scratch which was a bit more leisurely. From this

To this
The Following User Says Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 4th May 2015, 20:26   #337
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Seriously. Best thread ever.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Old 7th May 2015, 22:38   #338
willsy
West Midlands

I've had my reply from the DVLA today after my submission of a V888 request for vehicle information form.
I informed DVLA that I was seeking copies of any documents held from first registration, and for any information surrounding it's use on the road, when it was last officially 'on the road' due to a previous owner losing everything. I hoped I might find some clues from old MOT information as to what caused it to become condemned to a long stretch of neglect prior to my purchase of it.

I now have copies of the first certificate of registration, all subsequent V5 documents. The first of which confirms what I'd been told, in that my GTi was first registered as a demo car for Renwicks, (what was a main Peugeot dealership in Exeter) for 7 months. It then stayed with keeper 2 from 1990 until 2012. Keeper 3 had it for 2 years & did bugger all with it, it was one of several restoration projects that the guy had bought but hadn't got around to starting. Then I became keeper 4 in 2014.

Sadly with the introduction of the computerised system of MOT's not beginning until 2005 they were unable to send me any old MOT information or copies of old certificates. They havn't confirmed exactly when it last had an MOT on it. Excise licence data gives a clue perhaps in that it was last taxed up until 31/05/2005- it has been SORN since then so it has almost spent 10 years off the road.

Hopefully it'll return to an 'on the road' status pretty soon.
Old 8th May 2015, 21:57   #339
willsy
West Midlands

Been sorting out my folder of documents this evening for the GTi. Considering I started my ownership with nothing more than a V5C I've managed to gather some of the old history thanks to DVLA, and with parts purchased and replaced in the last 12 months is well on the way to filling a large folder already.

I've also got a separate folder whereby I've printed off all the relevant diagrams and parts list/prices from service box. I've colour coded the highlighting based on new genuine, new other, refurbished, mint original so that I can fully document the restoration as much as possible

Old 9th May 2015, 11:46   #340
Steve_GTI
L-plater

Car(s): 106 gti itb, saxo vtr
Steve_GTI is on a distinguished road

So much love for the 309 GTI. Its going to be one of the best around when its complete
Steve_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote