Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 27th March 2014, 13:51   #1
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Car(s): Volkswagen Bora 170bhp
Ryancoyle is on a distinguished road
Default Weight loss / gains?

Awfully quiet in this section at the moment.

How's everyone getting on at training whether your losing weight / gaining muscle?
Ryancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 14:46   #2
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I'm doing well since i started again.. I'm just trying to build muscle a bit, but not get massive, and lose a little weight of my stomach at the same time..

Doing push, pull, legs, push, pull... If i go on a weekend i do legs again, otherwise i just do them once a week, as it takes about 4 days for them to recover! Also, i do 15 minutes on the treadmill before every workout, and halfway through my workout, do another form of cardio for 15 minutes... I squeeze abs in at the end of 2 or 3 workouts a week, depending how busy the gym is, and if there is any fit women doing squats, since the mats for doing sit ups and such is right behind the squat rack..

Started 6 weeks ago, and my main things i can think off the top of my head, 1st time back, and now..

Weight: 172lb -> 154lb

Bench 60kg -> 80kg
Incline DB Press (each arm) 16=8kg -> 26kg
Incline fly 14kg -> 20kg
Peck deck 40kg -> 55kg

Squat 55kg -> 70kg
Deadlift 50kg -> 70kg

So all in all, not coming on too badly, forgot to get before pictures this time really, so it's hard to judge how my size has changed.. I can tell i've lost weight off my stomach, and my muscles have grown, but don't have a decent comparison which is a bit shit..

Just going to start maintaining now, and lose a bit more weight

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 14:55   #3
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Sounds good so far by the sounds of things then. If you have lost that amount of weight so far just keep going. I'm that bad now that I have been weighing my food and keeping a diary of what I have eaten over the last six months, this does help though. I took a before picture at the start of October and have just taken an after picture today just to see how far I have come.

I can honestly say I was shocked with what I have acheived within 6 months with adding cardio and getting my diet spot on. I have dropped from just over 16 stone to 12 and a half.

I will add pictures in a minute to show
Old 27th March 2014, 14:57   #4
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Old 27th March 2014, 15:02   #5
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Not bad at all that buddy! If you're weighing food and stuff, you might want to look into the app "myfitnesspal" You can scan barcodes and stuff, and it'll tell you what's in it.. You put your weight in at the start, how much you want to lose and such, and it gives you a calorie limit for each day.. You add in all your meals as you go, and it tells you how many calories you have left for the day.. It's a pretty good way to track your diet, and even if something doesn't have a barcode, you can type in.. "200g carrots" and it'll tell you how much is in it...

Shows you your fat, protein, calcium and whatnot, intake aswell, which is good!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 15:05   #6
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Not bad at all that buddy! If you're weighing food and stuff, you might want to look into the app "myfitnesspal" You can scan barcodes and stuff, and it'll tell you what's in it.. You put your weight in at the start, how much you want to lose and such, and it gives you a calorie limit for each day.. You add in all your meals as you go, and it tells you how many calories you have left for the day.. It's a pretty good way to track your diet, and even if something doesn't have a barcode, you can type in.. "200g carrots" and it'll tell you how much is in it...

Shows you your fat, protein, calcium and whatnot, intake aswell, which is good!
Thanks mate, I must get that app and try it out, would help with hitting targets / goals and would be eaiser than having to write it all down lol
Old 27th March 2014, 15:07   #7
Connorsaxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Saxo Desire
Connorsaxo is on a distinguished road

Superb work! A massive improvement eh?

Ive always been a skinny one, any amount of food I have eaten barely made a difference at all, ive been at the gym for around 6 months now, starting when i was around 10st 3. Note I am 6ft 1.
I am still by no means big, but I see the muscle coming through, and really see them pumping up when im in the gym now, and theyre hurting a lot more after gym sessions now there is actually something there.
This is me 6 months ago to a few weeks ago. I am now around 10st 10/11 depending if ive had a dump or not...

Last edited by Connorsaxo; 27th March 2014 at 15:14.
Connorsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 15:12   #8
Ryancoyle
Established Member

If you're having trouble increasing your weight / muscle gain you should up your good fats and up your carbs. As I've learnt over the last six months, it's more about what you eat and less about how you train. I always had the mentality to go into the gym, lift as heavy as I can and just eat normally and I will get good gains but this was far from the case. If you get your eating spot-on you will see gains in no time, especially as you don't appear to have much body fat.
Old 27th March 2014, 19:05   #9
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryancoyle View Post

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Oh ya fucker,we'll done

Hats off to you fella.....

I'm now into the third week of my 8 week program for improving my 5k times

My training was shit last week,felt like I had hit a brick wall,did my interval training on the Monday and I pushed too hard,kind of buggered me for the rest of the week.

Not weighed myself lately but my goal is to do a sub 20 min 5k.....I'm currently doing 2 miles comfortably at a pace of 6:46/miles so I'm confident I'll manage it.

My pb @ 12st is 20:06
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 19:16   #10
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullvfr View Post
Oh ya fucker,we'll done

Hats off to you fella.....

I'm now into the third week of my 8 week program for improving my 5k times

My training was shit last week,felt like I had hit a brick wall,did my interval training on the Monday and I pushed too hard,kind of buggered me for the rest of the week.

Not weighed myself lately but my goal is to do a sub 20 min 5k.....I'm currently doing 2 miles comfortably at a pace of 6:46/miles so I'm confident I'll manage it.

My pb @ 12st is 20:06
Thanks mate,

It just takes time and determination, there was a few times were I was ready to throw in the towel but once you get into a proper routine there is no stopping.

Is your diet good?
Old 27th March 2014, 19:22   #11
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Thanks mate,

It just takes time and determination, there was a few times were I was ready to throw in the towel but once you get into a proper routine there is no stopping.

Is your diet good?
Its so so,my biggest issue with my diet is eating sweets and chocolate etc,if I stay away from them I'm all good,fitness levels are so much better than they were the last time I was at roughly 12st(I'm roughly 13st the now) but I'd prefer to be carrying less fat.
Old 27th March 2014, 19:27   #12
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullvfr View Post
Its so so,my biggest issue with my diet is eating sweets and chocolate etc,if I stay away from them I'm all good,fitness levels are so much better than they were the last time I was at roughly 12st(I'm roughly 13st the now) but I'd prefer to be carrying less fat.
Yeah it's hard staying away from all of that stuff to be honest, I never crave sweets / chocolate though, I just crave eating carbs i.e. bread, crisps etc. lol

You should try eating one treat meal a week as this worked for me, if there is something that you really love to eat which is unhealthy i.e. chocolate etc. set yourself a goal to eat healthy all week then have the one bad meal a week, you don't feel as bad as you know it's only one meal.
Old 27th March 2014, 20:46   #13
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

I've been doing that,I always manage to stick to it for a month or so then fail miserably.....so long as I stick to my fitness I'm happy.

Another thing I try to do is not eat after 8pm which I usually stick to and I find that works well....
Old 27th March 2014, 21:06   #14
Ryancoyle
Established Member

It's all about will-power lol

It depends on what you want to do really, I wouldn't do that as I'd be starving my muscles by not eating after 8, once you start starving yourself you will lose muscle before fat
Old 1st April 2014, 15:39   #15
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

I'm coming to the end of my bulk now, looking to start cutting in about 2 weeks time roughly! Only thing I struggle with is dieting really, I buy all the right foods/nutritional things, but my house always has cheeky snacks hidden about, and I'm not one to just merely leave it be...

smiith sounds like you're making all kinda gains.

Props to you Ryan, hell of a transformation there! Be competing in no time
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 15:48   #16
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
I'm coming to the end of my bulk now, looking to start cutting in about 2 weeks time roughly! Only thing I struggle with is dieting really, I buy all the right foods/nutritional things, but my house always has cheeky snacks hidden about, and I'm not one to just merely leave it be...

smiith sounds like you're making all kinda gains.

Props to you Ryan, hell of a transformation there! Be competing in no time
How did the bulking go?

The only reason why I leave snacking now is because I've seen the progress I've made, when you see progress you try and be as strict as possible.

I'd say I'll be competing next year, unable to this year due to complications / going on holiday for two weeks one month before my local bodybuilding show.
Old 1st April 2014, 15:58   #17
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
How did the bulking go?

The only reason why I leave snacking now is because I've seen the progress I've made, when you see progress you try and be as strict as possible.

I'd say I'll be competing next year, unable to this year due to complications / going on holiday for two weeks one month before my local bodybuilding show.
Not too bad actually! At then end of Dec/beginning of Jan I weighed roughly 10.2 stone (far from skinny, and 5ft10) and just clocked in yesterday 11st.1. I could've bulked a bit more, but I'm one for the lean bulk as apposed to just gaining size in general

Couldn't agree more with that point about snacking, you've worked hard to get to your current physique, and with snacking one bad thing just isn't enough
I've just started eating more meals a day, but cutting down the amount of food in each meal. It helps for fat loss as it keeps your metabolism up, but damn it's awkward trying to fit in the meals sometimes lol

Good luck with that mate! I'd love to compete in the future, just need to put in the foundation work now!
Old 1st April 2014, 16:08   #18
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Quote:
Not too bad actually! At then end of Dec/beginning of Jan I weighed roughly 10.2 stone (far from skinny, and 5ft10) and just clocked in yesterday 11st.1. I could've bulked a bit more, but I'm one for the lean bulk as apposed to just gaining size in general

Couldn't agree more with that point about snacking, you've worked hard to get to your current physique, and with snacking one bad thing just isn't enough
I've just started eating more meals a day, but cutting down the amount of food in each meal. It helps for fat loss as it keeps your metabolism up, but damn it's awkward trying to fit in the meals sometimes lol

Good luck with that mate! I'd love to compete in the future, just need to put in the foundation work now!
Fuck, putting on a stone more or less whilst bulking is very good. It's a fucking long process having to bulk then cut, bulk then cut but worth it in the long run. Yeah I find it hard eating sometimes as well as I have to eat 5 / 6 meals every three hours. The only positive about eating every three hours though is that I don't feel hungry and when I do it's time to eat again lol

Thanks mate, I've always wanted to compete and I'm so close to it now so I'll go all out next year for it.
Old 1st April 2014, 16:15   #19
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Thanks mate, I'm pretty pleased with it as I can see quite a noticeable difference in my size compared to a few months ago! Definitely, I'm a huge fan of the shredded look in summer, but I do love bulking up too haha
haha same here! Before when eating every 5 or so hours I'd just look for the nearest snack just to stop the craving!
Good for you man!
Old 1st April 2014, 16:24   #20
Ryancoyle
Established Member

Quote:
Thanks mate, I'm pretty pleased with it as I can see quite a noticeable difference in my size compared to a few months ago! Definitely, I'm a huge fan of the shredded look in summer, but I do love bulking up too haha
haha same here! Before when eating every 5 or so hours I'd just look for the nearest snack just to stop the craving!
Good for you man!
everyone loves bulking haha Yeah I'm going on holidays so want to be shredded for summer, still not happy with a few little things but I'm going to keep plugging away until I'm happy with my physique. If you ever get craving just mix one teaspoon of cinnamon in water - that works for me as it's sweet.