Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 31st January 2014, 12:47   #21
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh11490 View Post
Think the biggest thing about the gym is feeling out if place, everyone will have routine and look like they live there and ill just be asking what do I do lol after a few weeks I'm hoping it'll be routine and ill enjoy it.
Everyone feels like that when they go for the first time.

It helps if you can go with someone else, more so if you are doing weights.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 20:50   #22
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorsaxo View Post
Also dietwise I wouldnt change the amount you eat, just eat different things with less fat and more carbs, its annoying seeing people completely starve themselves to lose weight - yes it does work, but you end up making yourself more and more ill and messing up your digestive system altogether.
Cycling is a superb way to lose weight too, ive got 2 members of my family who have lost 2st+ just by cycling to and from work instead of driving, and this was within about 6 months without changing their diet what so ever, youll also get your cardiovascular fitness from this too which will aid you in your toning and strengthening in the gym.
*hits head against wall*
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b0t13 For This Useful Post:
Old 5th February 2014, 18:45   #23
josh11490
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Daily, 106 GTi Track Project
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
josh11490 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
*hits head against wall*
What's wrong with what was said?
Old 6th February 2014, 12:14   #24
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What's wrong with what was said?
Do some research, you'll understand why.
Old 6th February 2014, 12:41   #25
Connorsaxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Saxo Desire
Connorsaxo is on a distinguished road

High quality carbs, fruit, veg and most wholemeal products also contain vitamins and more importantly for losing weight, fibre, which makes you feel fuller for longer as its broken down a lot slower, which helps to stop snacking and unnecessary eating.

Starving yourself can mess up your digesting system by making it used to not having food in the body, and when it comes to eating again it gets thrown up soon after. Ive seen and heard of this happening a hell of a lot

Cardiovascular fitness to help toning - toning is done by using light\medium weight (low weight\high reps), to gain the endurance which in turn gets you in total readiness for physical activity. With no\poor cardiovascular fitness the high reps part isnt going to be nearly as good as somebody with good cardiovascular fitness whos oxygen is carried a lot more efficiently to the muscles, thus being able to do more reps.
Connorsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 13:20   #26
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Toning, lol.

Toning is done by losing body fat. That's about it...
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 13:34   #27
Connorsaxo
Infrequent Poster

Losing body fat is losing body fat, if you have a look at the definition of toning it is along the lines of your muscles being in total readiness for physcial activity. Being thin doesnt mean you are well toned.
Old 6th February 2014, 14:21   #28
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Being well toned is simply being able to see muscular definition, like a bodybuilder. Never come across it being linked to readiness for physical activity, but happy to be educated if you can provide a link.
Old 6th February 2014, 15:09   #29
Connorsaxo
Infrequent Poster

http://www.ot-mom-learning-activitie...scle-tone.html
Old 6th February 2014, 15:20   #30
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Right, I'll go along with your source and grant you some of it, but I'm not sure why the rep ranges you've suggested would ever aid in that...
Old 6th February 2014, 19:08   #31
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Think the biggest thing about the gym is feeling out if place, everyone will have routine and look like they live there and ill just be asking what do I do lol after a few weeks I'm hoping it'll be routine and ill enjoy it.
I felt the same before i started this time last year.. Thought everyone would be judging me, looking at what i was lifting, and sniggering.. Albeit I'm not a big built lad, but i still had that in my head.. Specially since i was going with one of my mates who has been a gym nut for years, so in comparison, i was nothing next to him...

Then i bit the bullet and went.. Realized no one gave a second glance at what i was doing, if anything, if they saw me struggling, they would rush over to spot me, or help me out.. If they saw me having bad for, say not getting my squatting form right, someone came over, gave me pointers, told me to put the bar down. and showed me what he did to get his form, how he learnt it, and what i need to adjust to do it right..

Even had people who would just come and make conversation, asking if i have seen much improvement in myself over the months i was there, which was nice.. Always a few people coming in and doing new things, all i had to do was ask about it, and they would tell me what muscles it works and everything..

All genuinely friendly people.. There was only 1 or 2 which were dicks, who got in a huff if you were using a weight they wanted, but you just have to make them wait their turn, you shouldn't sacrifice your workout for them!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 20:51   #32
josh11490
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Daily, 106 GTi Track Project
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
josh11490 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
I felt the same before i started this time last year.. Thought everyone would be judging me, looking at what i was lifting, and sniggering.. Albeit I'm not a big built lad, but i still had that in my head.. Specially since i was going with one of my mates who has been a gym nut for years, so in comparison, i was nothing next to him...

Then i bit the bullet and went.. Realized no one gave a second glance at what i was doing, if anything, if they saw me struggling, they would rush over to spot me, or help me out.. If they saw me having bad for, say not getting my squatting form right, someone came over, gave me pointers, told me to put the bar down. and showed me what he did to get his form, how he learnt it, and what i need to adjust to do it right..

Even had people who would just come and make conversation, asking if i have seen much improvement in myself over the months i was there, which was nice.. Always a few people coming in and doing new things, all i had to do was ask about it, and they would tell me what muscles it works and everything..

All genuinely friendly people.. There was only 1 or 2 which were dicks, who got in a huff if you were using a weight they wanted, but you just have to make them wait their turn, you shouldn't sacrifice your workout for them!
Yeah man Ill be going with 3 other lads who train a lot and are regulars, they'll help me out, It's just the thought of people watching etc like you said.
Once I've been a few times ill be fine haha
Old 7th February 2014, 10:23   #33
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

I used to be at the gym daily, I need to go back!, however when I started there were 2 guys there that were seriously strong, every day same time as me.

I was as weak as a weak thing, but they just gave me pointers, they were totally sound, if anything seeing what they could do spurred me on rather than making me feel like sh*t