Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 13th January 2013, 08:51   #221
iw_laurence
Established Member
Isle of Wight Region Member

Car(s): BMW E30
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
iw_laurence will become famous soon enough

The torque plot on that rr printout is impressive for a Honda! Really like the car mate, a lot of purposeful and well thought out modifications.
iw_laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 12:24   #222
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely love this Danny! next time Im down my grans you'll have to take me out in it, now the Honda haterz can't say VTEC has no torque, decent figures.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 14:38   #223
dannyhall
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Premier Ed. Milano Red CTR
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
love these with a charger, should go very well mate

but that^^^ is so ironic its mental when talking about an eaton charger
Cheers mate, yeah it goes really well. Reminds me now of the MR2 Turbo, apart from this just wants to go as soon as its started up! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Nuts Dan. Nice figure!
Cheers Aaron :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
From the intense research I've done the rotrex chargers come out on top.. If it creates fuelling issues this won't be because of the charger I assure you.
In America/Australia they have yielded very impressive results with no problems that I've come across. This is why I was curious you chose that setup.. That said of your happy with the delivery and the noise then that's the important thing
Rotrex create more power yes. However, they are not a fit & forget modification, they require lots of tinkering and extra parts just to get running right..

A lad who should have come with us for a remap has been having major issues, taken him 2 months to complete the work and now on the Saturday morning it lost all fuel pressure. Walbro fuel pump or the lines failed..

Quite a few tuners/mechanics advise to go with a JRSC or a Turbo. As the Rotrex is just as fiddly to set up as the turbo conversion... Lots wont even touch a Rotrex!

Depends what you want from the car. My car is my daily driver and I want it to be as reliable as it can be, lots & lots of info available for the JRSC and at the end of the day its only bolted on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
Love this car- its making excellent power for a JRSC charged one. A good mate just sold his one with 273bhp, JRSC again, awesome car.

I have to agree with Danny though, it seems the Rotrex chargers give that bit more especially if you're going for power. My mate with the JRSC said if he was doing it again he would go Rotrex, interestingly.

But the power you've achieved out of your set-up, well, you can't argue with that!
Cheers fella, where did he have it mapped? 273BHP is rather low unless its got a restrictive exhaust/intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw_laurence View Post
The torque plot on that rr printout is impressive for a Honda! Really like the car mate, a lot of purposeful and well thought out modifications.
Yeah its a pretty one if that! Makes alot of torque for a Honda! Lol. Cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Absolutely love this Danny! next time Im down my grans you'll have to take me out in it, now the Honda haterz can't say VTEC has no torque, decent figures.
Cheers buddy, ah just drop me a PM :-)
dannyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 14:51   #224
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Again, having fitting a rotrex I think changing a set of pads is more difficult
I know lots of people who have run them with NO issues..
Have you got any links or threads to where these problems have occurred? Id be very interested to see
Old 16th January 2013, 14:28   #225
thadogg
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Impreza Sti PPP
thadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant future

Oh my!.... mate, looks like you've been busy

Absolutely love it, awesome mods.

Bet it goes awesome with the JRSC on, how does it compare to your old MR2 now its been charged?
thadogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 15:50   #226
dannyhall
Established Member

dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

Quote:
Again, having fitting a rotrex I think changing a set of pads is more difficult
I know lots of people who have run them with NO issues..
Have you got any links or threads to where these problems have occurred? Id be very interested to see
Very good. I know of 2 lads who run Rotrex kits and they're forever sorting didnt issues out - i.e throttle staying open & fuel pumps not working correctly.

Look on the ctro.co.uk website but not every one likes to post up problems with their cars publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadogg View Post
Oh my!.... mate, looks like you've been busy

Absolutely love it, awesome mods.

Bet it goes awesome with the JRSC on, how does it compare to your old MR2 now its been charged?
Cheers Dan. Yeah Ive been busy, and it was staying standard.. Still got the Golf?

Its much smoother than the MR2, that was abit brutal when coming on boost whereas this is a VTEC all the way from 1K - 8.9K.

Did a track day last week at Oulton. Car went very well, was a learning curve as could keep the car in a higher gear and new brakes were bob on. Drove steady as I managed to lose my wheel nut key and couldnt tighten wheels up.. :-/

For once ive come back and dont need to fix anything! Apart from very worn rear brake pads.

New bits & bobs to fit;

DC5 Brembo BBK - Honda S2000 StopTech discs & Ferodo DS2500 pads;

Thanks for looking,
Dan
Old 5th March 2013, 16:16   #227
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhall View Post
Very good. I know of 2 lads who run Rotrex kits and they're forever sorting didnt issues out - i.e throttle staying open & fuel pumps not working correctly.

Look on the ctro.co.uk website but not every one likes to post up problems with their cars publicly.

Dan
Car looks really really nice in the pics.. I like it a lot.

Those problems you mention have nothing to do with the rotrex... The throttle body wouldn't behave any differently if it was air from n/a, turbo or any different kind of supercharger. Fuel pumps exactly the same, there's no correlation between the fuel pump and the charger.. How does the fuel pump know if theres a rotrex/roots/gt30 on the other end?

It seems to me maybe your finding (non problems) to justify your decision. I think your car is great so don't think I'm trying to say you've chose the 'wrong' method as that's simply not true. Everyone's different
Old 5th March 2013, 17:09   #228
dannyhall
Established Member

Quote:
Car looks really really nice in the pics.. I like it a lot.

Those problems you mention have nothing to do with the rotrex... The throttle body wouldn't behave any differently if it was air from n/a, turbo or any different kind of supercharger. Fuel pumps exactly the same, there's no correlation between the fuel pump and the charger.. How does the fuel pump know if theres a rotrex/roots/gt30 on the other end?

It seems to me maybe your finding (non problems) to justify your decision. I think your car is great so don't think I'm trying to say you've chose the 'wrong' method as that's simply not true. Everyone's different
Cheers fella :-)

TBH the Jackson Racing is a fit & forget modification (apart from keeping an eye out on the tensioner & belt) whereas the Rotrex is a fairly new mod, and costly to maintain - the oil is approx £100 per litre and only available from America!

I wanted something that could be easily removed when it comes to sell up and the Rotrex doesnt produce any whine! Lol. But as you say, everyones different :-)
Old 5th March 2013, 18:33   #229
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!

Danny it is true what Dan is saying. The Jackson Racing kit tends to be a fit and forget; usually fitment is only a couple of hours then the obvious mapping time to get it all set up. The Rotrex setup on the other hand appears to be a bit more tricky to fit and get running nicely. It also costs a fair bit more according to the Rotrex EP3 owners, however its all relative as they often produce more power.

Add in the fact that Rotrex kits hardly ever come up second hand on the forums compared to quite a few JRSCs that appear every month or two. Therefore meaning that the JRSC option can be great for bhp per £. I'd also be going for the JRSC setup if I had the money available, purely because of the info posted on the various forums and from speaking to supercharged EP3 owners.

Looks great Dan, proper jealous of the JRSC. Its pretty much exactly how I want mine in the future with the various modifications. Just a bit hard at the moment being a student and all . I'm after a K100 or KPro but whenever I've got the money, they disappear off the forums and vice versa when I'm skint!!

Is 'Kipps' ahead of you in the videos? His EP3 seems to go very well indeed without the supporting power like a fair few have. I'll have to pop to Oulton next time your booked on and have a good nosey

EP3 Civic Type R - soon to be JRSC'd
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 18:42   #230
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Harv, I totally understand those aspects.. But cost and availability has nothing to do with rotrex's being unreliable does it?

Rotrex setups are more expensive and may require a little more work to fit and the Jackson kits are more available and relatively 'bolt on' you pays your money you take your choice.
My main point being that I've done LOTS and LOTS of research into rotrex charger over the last year and I've never heard of anyone claiming reliability issues or problems.. These units do fail granted.. But doesn't most/every mechanical part after a lot of use? And it's only been a couple that I've heard of world wide.

On a more thread focused point, the car looks to have LOADS of grunt in the video, certianly pulls those revs hard! Sounds great
Old 5th March 2013, 18:50   #231
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Harv, I totally understand those aspects.. But cost and availability has nothing to do with rotrex's being unreliable does it?

Rotrex setups are more expensive and may require a little more work to fit and the Jackson kits are more available and relatively 'bolt on' you pays your money you take your choice.
My main point being that I've done LOTS and LOTS of research into rotrex charger over the last year and I've never heard of anyone claiming reliability issues or problems.. These units do fail granted.. But doesn't most/every mechanical part after a lot of use? And it's only been a couple that I've heard of world wide.

On a more thread focused point, the car looks to have LOADS of grunt in the video, certianly pulls those revs hard! Sounds great
I fully agree with you regarding the reliability issues Danny. I've never personally seen or heard of anybody having reliability issues with their Rotrex. I think most people just seem to document that they usually take a fair bit of 'fettling' to get running correctly which seems to be where the issues lie. Once installed and mapped up though, they produce fantastic power! 360+bhp on a supercharged K20A2 would be nuts!! The JRSC also have their problems with the manifold cracking due to the poor bracing. This happens a fair bit too so the JRSC kit has to be removed and the crack welded up. Its all horses for courses though isn't it.

Yeah, Dan's car is very quick from the videos. Hopefully I can get mine up to a similar standard in a year or so once I've graduated!

EP3 Civic Type R - soon to be JRSC'd
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harv For This Useful Post:
Old 5th March 2013, 18:52   #232
sexy_gt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): SUPERCHARGED saxo vts
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
sexy_gt is on a distinguished road

One for the chargers.

Good man
Old 11th March 2013, 15:34   #233
thadogg
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Impreza Sti PPP
thadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhall View Post

Cheers Dan. Yeah Ive been busy, and it was staying standard.. Still got the Golf?

Its much smoother than the MR2, that was abit brutal when coming on boost whereas this is a VTEC all the way from 1K - 8.9K.

Sounds like a beast to me pal, bet it goes awesome on track as well.

Not got the Golf anymore matey. I've always wanted an Impreza and finally managed to find decent insurance so got a 2005 Blobeye Sti, and so far love it.
Its the first motor I've had with a turbo bolted on and it really is in a different league to the Golf power wise. It has the PPP pack but it has also been de-cated and had a better remap, running around 325-330BHP.

Actually quite interested in reading your bits about trackdays, I'm very tempted to get it out on track this spring/summer but still a bit nervous. Would you recommend anywhere in particular for a first track day pal?
thadogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 00:07   #234
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): ED30
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Hopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team member

Animal.

Need some JRSC in my life.
Hopcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 20:43   #235
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Looks awesome mate don't really comment on progress threads much but this makes me want to sell up and buy a Type R.

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 21:56   #236
Richie2104VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): VTARRRR/S
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!Richie2104VTR is a great team player!

Nice vid, seems to have instant pull. You really need to take down your air freshner though lol

In the zone at the ring....It's the only way to do it!
Richie2104VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 00:16   #237
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of

Love this. What size are your tyres? You on CTRO forum?? I am as Lewis.

200Bhp Rallye Blog: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250703
Lewisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 00:18   #238
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of

And don't listen to the haters those wheels are the bomb.

Actually they're shit - sell them to me lol!

Old 20th February 2014, 14:34   #239
craigy_87
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 350z
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!craigy_87 is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah Lewis he's on the CTRO forum but he got rid of the car mid last year an then the guy who bought it has sold it since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
ill happily admit ive watched quite a bit of porn this evening. its coming out like tater water now
craigy_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 15:00   #240
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigy_87 View Post
Yeah Lewis he's on the CTRO forum but he got rid of the car mid last year an then the guy who bought it has sold it since then

Ah I see. Ok thanks dude Shame it's lovely. I love those rims!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk