Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 8th July 2011, 02:43   #81
VenoMNL
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS 1.6i 16v Turbo Renault Express 1
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
VenoMNL is on a distinguished road

Nice type r
VenoMNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 10:07   #82
slammed_saxo_vts
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Renault megane mk1 1.6 16v Saxo VTS mk2
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
slammed_saxo_vts is on a distinguished road

jealous much... really lovely type R mate.
slammed_saxo_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 17:23   #83
jonesy9
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4 Saxo, Milano CTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jonesy9 is on a distinguished road

as you've already said danny, perfect CTR, mods are spot on
Old 9th July 2011, 11:02   #84
Peter_D
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): DC5 Teg
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Peter_D is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhall View Post
Why what have you had to do? How many miles as it done?

Too tight? So its been done before then! I know tighter valves can lead to them not closing properly and causing a leak, good job you've had it checked!
Well i had to stick the car back to the garage, i have trouble getting a decent garage up my way that can work on these cars! They are more used to Fiestas and shit like that

He said they were too tight, but when i got the car back it was rattling like an old Ford CVH...horrible!! So put it back as the owner who did it is on holiday, and the other mechanic who was off the day i had first put it up, he did it, he's better.. Sounds spot on now

It's done 66k now which is good for a 2001. Needed the exhaust refitting as it was blowing and rattling, needed an alloy linkage bush fitted as the rubber one was worn (this bush fucked up my gearbox months ago and cost me £2230 for a rebuild). Also needs brakes but i've bought Brembo's all round, fitting this weekend. And bought Energy Suspension motor mounts...you heard of them? They are inserts for your engine mounts, they stop the wheel hop, you know when you take off hard in first and it spins and the front wheels bounce up and down off the road? Also if you're planning an aftermarket manifold you need this mounts otherwise you will fuck the manifold

If you're going for a new ECU just look for a 2nd hand Kpro you'll get one for £600...sure TDi North charge like £750 just..

Kpro has so many more benefits, you can download base maps to install to your cars mods so you can drive it to the place to get mapped (safely).. Also has launch control etc and you use K Manager to tweek things yourself (if you're comfortable with all that)

K100 has to be mapped by a proper tuner and the map is locked, Kpro you can save maps.. You could get it mapped for economy/power happy medium, and save that map to your K Manager, then get it mapped for full on power and shit economy...so if you're going to a track day you can just install the full power map and then switch back at the end of the day, you could probably do this from inside the car with a laptop

Last edited by Peter_D; 9th July 2011 at 11:07.
Peter_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 10:32   #85
dannyhall
Established Member

Car(s): Premier Ed. Milano Red CTR
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
Lovely mate.

gotta love a set of bronze torques on a jap car, even more so when wrapped in semi slicks.
Cheers fella, yeah the wheels make the car. Have been looking at spacers for abit extra stance but the back would rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTime_ View Post
Have one of these come down my mrs road often. Lowered, White EP3 alloys, white stickers etc. De-catted I presume because it actually shakes the windows in the house when he drives by and he's not even reving it much. Far louder than my 8v de-cat :_(
Makes me want one
Alot of the Milanos have white wheels, do look nice but probs a pain to keep clean! Lol. Yeah decats are loud, does depend what system is on it. The Spoon B pipe & N1 Backbox are apparently very loud too (an costly!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
Nice to see one of these thats not black or silver! Good choice
Aye they're all black or silver! Gotta be Milano red or Championship white

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoMNL View Post
Nice type r
Cheers fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed_saxo_vts View Post
jealous much... really lovely type R mate.
Haha cheers fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy9 View Post
as you've already said danny, perfect CTR, mods are spot on
Cheers dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_D View Post
Well i had to stick the car back to the garage, i have trouble getting a decent garage up my way that can work on these cars! They are more used to Fiestas and shit like that

He said they were too tight, but when i got the car back it was rattling like an old Ford CVH...horrible!! So put it back as the owner who did it is on holiday, and the other mechanic who was off the day i had first put it up, he did it, he's better.. Sounds spot on now

It's done 66k now which is good for a 2001. Needed the exhaust refitting as it was blowing and rattling, needed an alloy linkage bush fitted as the rubber one was worn (this bush fucked up my gearbox months ago and cost me £2230 for a rebuild). Also needs brakes but i've bought Brembo's all round, fitting this weekend. And bought Energy Suspension motor mounts...you heard of them? They are inserts for your engine mounts, they stop the wheel hop, you know when you take off hard in first and it spins and the front wheels bounce up and down off the road? Also if you're planning an aftermarket manifold you need this mounts otherwise you will fuck the manifold

If you're going for a new ECU just look for a 2nd hand Kpro you'll get one for £600...sure TDi North charge like £750 just..

Kpro has so many more benefits, you can download base maps to install to your cars mods so you can drive it to the place to get mapped (safely).. Also has launch control etc and you use K Manager to tweek things yourself (if you're comfortable with all that)

K100 has to be mapped by a proper tuner and the map is locked, Kpro you can save maps.. You could get it mapped for economy/power happy medium, and save that map to your K Manager, then get it mapped for full on power and shit economy...so if you're going to a track day you can just install the full power map and then switch back at the end of the day, you could probably do this from inside the car with a laptop
Sounds like a right ballache mate! See ABP are only 10 mile away from me so Im lucky, and TDi north aren't that far away either, probs 50 mile?

Your gearbox had to be rebuilt?! Is that common the 5's? Thats costly! :0 But it doesnt sound like you've got too much to do now though, after all that maintenance!

I've heard of the ES inserts yeah, you'll have to let me know what they're like? ABP do the piper manifold & sports cat, but want JDM arb's all round at the same time. And they chuck in a set of free ES insert with every manifold & decat/sports cat if I remember righty..

I need to look into the K100's and the KPros, I know the K100s are perfect if you're happy for the one map, but as you say 2 maps would be useful when tracking the car.. Need to make my mind up what route I want to go though, as a JRSC would be perfect, just if it could handle the power.. 300bhp through the front wheels is a recipe for understeer heaven!
dannyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 10:50   #86
Peter_D
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): DC5 Teg
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Peter_D is on a distinguished road

Nah it aint a common problem, was just a knackered rubbet bush on the gearbox end of the linkage

Ill let you know how the mounts perform

Kpro is worth the extra money.. K100 maps are locked so i think only the tuner who mapped it can tweak it, Kpro anyone can get into the map to adjust

Plus launch control in itself would be cool to have, especially with a jrsc so you can put power down, you set the launch control up yourself, transition speed etc
Old 14th July 2011, 12:33   #87
dannyhall
Established Member

dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_D View Post
Nah it aint a common problem, was just a knackered rubbet bush on the gearbox end of the linkage

Ill let you know how the mounts perform

Kpro is worth the extra money.. K100 maps are locked so i think only the tuner who mapped it can tweak it, Kpro anyone can get into the map to adjust

Plus launch control in itself would be cool to have, especially with a jrsc so you can put power down, you set the launch control up yourself, transition speed etc
Ah Im with ya, never heard about the gearboxes going until you said! Yeah please do

KPro is alot more money, and apparently the tuners are locking the maps so you cant tamper with the map with your own laptop..

K100 most likely from what Ive been reading!
Old 14th July 2011, 12:49   #88
dannyhall
Established Member

Went to Oulton Park yesterday, fantastic day out!

Had a ex Time Attack driver instructing me all day and managed to get good comments from the organisers and spectators. They assumed I had novice sticker on for a laugh! Catching modified E46 M3's on the bends was something I never expected on my first time, shame they're so quick down the straights! :/

Car handled really well, only had one moment going into Lodge far too fast following a Caterham resulting in massive understeer. Island bend the back end was far too light for my liking but as the day went on I managed to improve on my times.

A JRSC'd EP3 was annoyed as he couldnt keep up through Old Hall & Cascades, but he was on road tyres and couldnt believe it was my first time out on track

Glad the weather held up and the instruction Julian gave me was superb, couldnt thank him enough!

Pics of the car;

And my favourite!

Shame i've ruined my brakes Just waiting on Stevie @ EightSpeed to get back to me in regards to;
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Goodridge Braided Hoses
Progress 24mm rear ARB
Skunk 2 Lower control arms

With these fitted should be able to hack more than 4 hot laps next time I go at the end of September..
Old 14th July 2011, 19:23   #89
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Looks right at home mate. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for the brakes, I'd go for EBC Yellowstuff pads personally. Will probably take more abuse than the Ferodos, and they still bite like an OEM pad on the road. I've got a brakes4u.co.uk discount code somewhere, dop me a PM if you're interested.
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 23:08   #90
timmythechef
Saxperience Forum Bum
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 2008 Audi A3 2.0TDI
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
timmythechef is on a distinguished road

Looks epic on track that does mate!
Old 14th July 2011, 23:39   #91
beckford
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk2 citreon saxo vts
beckford is on a distinguished road

always been a fan of ep3s but never the red ones, or should i say pink ones lol
beckford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 00:38   #92
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

Was supposed to be on that day. Ah well work comes first.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 06:08   #93
harry289
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
harry289 is on a distinguished road

Pics look good mate did the car run smoothly? Did the brakes fade after about 4 laps? I know Oulton is quite a long track with a few hard braking points. Should be better when you get some uprated pads ect on her I expect that exhaust system sounds beastly in vtec!
harry289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:57   #94
dannyhall
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeumH View Post
Looks right at home mate. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for the brakes, I'd go for EBC Yellowstuff pads personally. Will probably take more abuse than the Ferodos, and they still bite like an OEM pad on the road. I've got a brakes4u.co.uk discount code somewhere, dop me a PM if you're interested.
Ah bugger I'd already ordered by the time you'd posted Cheers though fella! Heard good things about the Yellowstuff pads, but also about the Ferodos. Dont the yellowstuff pads squeel??

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmythechef View Post
Looks epic on track that does mate!
Cheers fella, it felt good, apart from the loose rear on island bend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckford View Post
always been a fan of ep3s but never the red ones, or should i say pink ones lol
Haha this one is red The fade does make them look naff though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
Was supposed to be on that day. Ah well work comes first.
Ah you missed out then fella, wasnt many cars out as there was a 25% cap on the numbers due to the setting up of the BSB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry289 View Post
Pics look good mate did the car run smoothly? Did the brakes fade after about 4 laps? I know Oulton is quite a long track with a few hard braking points. Should be better when you get some uprated pads ect on her I expect that exhaust system sounds beastly in vtec!
Yeah the cars perfect, even took me rents to a graduation in Warwick on friday with no issuses. Scary with crap brakes now, got bugger all left on the pads!

Uprated pads, ap racing 5.1 brake fluid, goodridge hoses, teqiwa brake stopper ordered. Just waiting on the lines, the progess 24mm rarb and the brake stopper. Should see an improvement for when I go back on the 27th sept..

Have got a quick vid of it;

Now running its spare wheels until brakes sorted, anti rear roll bar & skunk2 lcas are on:

Thanks,
Dan
Old 1st August 2011, 17:40   #95
dannyhall
Established Member

Well spare wheels were sold, strangely to the same chap who bought X3 VTS...!

Picking up Civic Sport wheels up later this week, yes Im weird but I do quite like these wheels, and for £80 with tyres perfect for the winter! And can get Eagle F1's for £60 a corner :0

Ferodo DS2500 front pads fitted - only took me half hour! Big improvement over stock and after bedding them in correctly no squeeling/grinding etc after 500 miles of road use

Joined a group buy on the Meister R Zeta-R coilovers;
Front spring rate: 8.0 kg/mm (448lb/in) / Rear: 10.0 kg/mm (560lb/in)

Aluminium Top Mount with PillowBall Bearing and Camber Adjustments

MonoTube Dampers with Black Chromium Plated Body, Cold Coiling SAE9254 Chrome Silicon Steel Springs

Anodised Aluminium Spring Perch and Locking Collar

Steel Lower Bracket with Straight Arms Design.
Steel Lower Brackets ensure strength are maintain during hard usages.
The Straight Arm Design reposition the track rod end to a lower position than standard.
This design allows the angle of the track rod to stay near factory specification after lowering and therefore relief the stress that are place on the track rod end.
This prolong the life of the the rod end and eliminate the need of an inverted track rod end kit.
By keeping the track rod angle close to the factory specification, it also reduce "bump steer" issue that are face by many EP3 / DC5 owners using lowered suspension with the standard "V-Shape" arm.

Couple of pictures of bits n bobs;

Parts arrived and waiting to be fitted:
Progress 24mm RARB
AP Racing 5.1 Brake Fluid
Goodridge Braided Hoses
Skunk2 LCAS
Meister R Coilovers

Parts to be purchased:
Manifold & decat - may go for the Japspeed
Skunk2 RBC & bigger throttle body
K100 & mapping

Then have the lot fitted in one go once monies have been saved, car insurance paid for etc. Should be in time for Christmas...

Comments?

Thanks for reading,
Dan
Old 1st August 2011, 17:48   #96
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Hahaha gotta love the sound of vtec! So distinctive!

Dunno if you've seen this but this is an epic type r!

I like the fact you don't have a massive rocket propeller for an exhaust as well btw

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 1st August 2011 at 17:55.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:16   #97
dannyhall
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Hahaha gotta love the sound of vtec! So distinctive!

Dunno if you've seen this but this is an epic type r!

‪Dany Honda Civic EP3 x Kaufi Nissan GT-R ... Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG 24-07-2010‬‏ - YouTube

I like the fact you don't have a massive rocket propeller for an exhaust as well btw
Yeah that boy can drive alright! Only 230BHP too...

Cheers fella, Fujitsubo's are the way forward, and only 88dB at 3/4 rev's!
Old 20th August 2011, 01:41   #98
dannyhall
Established Member

Had the suspension work done by ABP the other day, car handles a dam site better lot harsher than the Eibachs. And bump steers quite bad, so Stevie @ Eightspeed is sorting me out with a set of Buddyclub roll centre adjusters... Should then notice a big difference as it handles like its on rails now.

Asked for the car to be raised to 25mm but looks about the same lol. Trail fitted the winter wheels (which are now matte black) and repainted my calipers/hubs and rear arm.

Needs a proper detail then ready for Trax!

Comments?
Dan
Old 20th August 2011, 02:15   #99
JRC1
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 16v'd White Furio & MK5 Golf R32
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
JRC1 is on a distinguished road

Looks bloody lovely mate! I do really like the wheels! Whats it like driving with the R888's on daily? They not wearing down too quick? Will def have a good look at Trax, you gunna be on Sax-p stand or?
xsi box makes it fast, rallye box makes it mental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadoryu View Post
listen to JRC1 he know's his white cars. i jizz three times everytime i see his car.
JRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 05:25   #100
Jay_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 92 Eunos
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Jay_ is on a distinguished road

looks fecking awesome mate. Very very nice motor! Spent money in all the right places IMO!

Jay_ is offline   Reply With Quote