Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 3rd December 2023, 16:43   #201
eddie_od

eddie_od is on a distinguished road

I bought this from Phil and it has been a great wee car so far. It’s not done too many road miles since I bought it as I’m mainly using it for track. It’s been on 5 or 6 visits to Knockhill and a trip down to Croft for the Durham & Derbyshire RSOC day. Only had 1 issue in that whole time when a driveshaft let go on the final session of the day up at Knockhill.

Since I purchased the car I’ve fitted an S1 rallye gearbox with gripper plated diff, changed the brake fluid to Castrol SRF and DS2500 brake pads. Also fitted R888r tyres.

The car has been great on track, I mainly only run it at 11 psi (223bhp) to keep the gearbox in one piece. Tried upping the boost to 15psi for a couple of sessions but that’s when the driveshaft let go. It has certainly surprised a few much more powerful cars up at Knockhill though and gets a fair bit of attention when in the paddock from people wanting to know why it’s so quick.

I’ve a few upgrades planned such as, adjustable top mounts, more track focused front suspension, thicker torsion bars etc. Toying with the idea of doing a gearbox upgrade, not sure what yet but will wait until the gearbox lets go before that happens. No plans for any power upgrades as yet as reliability is more my priority.

Hats off to you Phil, you built a great wee car which I know I'm lucky to be getting the benefit from all of your hard work that you put into it. I’ve booked on for Croft again on 7th July next year. So if you want to see how the car goes I’ll take you out on track with it.
eddie_od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2023, 16:44   #202
eddie_od

Double post
Old 3rd December 2023, 16:47   #203
eddie_od

I bought this from Phil and it has been a great wee car so far. It’s not done too many road miles since I bought it as I’m mainly using it for track. It’s been on 5 or 6 visits to Knockhill and a trip down to Croft for the Durham & Derbyshire RSOC day. Only had 1 issue in that whole time when a driveshaft let go on the final session of the day up at Knockhill.

Since I purchased the car I’ve fitted an S1 rallye gearbox with gripper plated diff, changed the brake fluid to Castrol SRF and DS2500 brake pads. Also fitted R888r tyres.

The car has been great on track, I mainly only run it at 11 psi (223bhp) to keep the gearbox in one piece. Tried upping the boost to 15psi for a couple of sessions but that’s when the driveshaft let go. It has certainly surprised a few much more powerful cars up at Knockhill though and gets a fair bit of attention when in the paddock from people wanting to know why it’s so quick.

I’ve a few upgrades planned such as, adjustable top mounts, more track focused front suspension, thicker torsion bars etc. Toying with the idea of doing a gearbox upgrade, not sure what yet but will wait until the gearbox lets go before that happens. No plans for any power upgrades as yet as reliability is more my priority.

Hats off to you Phil, you built a great wee car which I know I'm lucky to be getting the benefit from all of your hard work that you put into it. I’ve booked on for Croft again on 7th July next year. So if you want to see how the car goes I’ll take you out on track with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddie_od For This Useful Post:
Old 8th April 2024, 13:24   #204
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_od View Post

Good to hear from you Eddie. Glad the car is on ok and you're enoying it.

I will have a ride out on the bike and see you at Croft for a brew.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote