Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th April 2019, 09:10   #1
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road
Default Clutch problem

Hi all,

bit of a weird one on my VTS. I fitted a full new LUK clutch a few months ago. The car drives fine, gears engage as they should and the biting point feels perfect (I can move it with the cable adjustment, but currently is about half way up).

Everything is normal under light acceleration, however whilst the clutch does not slip of it's own accord, I find that when accelerating hard, if I apply the slightest pressure to the pedal (if full throttle then even just resting my foot on the pedal can cause this), it will slip.

I have tried to think of causes - I don't really expect it to be oil contamination as I replaced the gearbox seals at the time and also the rear crank seal was completely dry - dusty dry, no sign of any engine oil ever having got past it.

I also wondered if maybe I had fitted the friction plate backwards, but I am fairly certain I didn't - it was marked with Gearbox side and I am pretty sure I observed that.

Any ideas? As said, it is only when accelerating hard that the clutch seems to be very close to it's gripping capacity, under light to moderate acceleration it requires a push of the pedal to what I would call a normal degree, to make it slip.

Cheers
Craig
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote