Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 27th January 2013, 03:04   #1
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!
Default Help with phone

Got a Samsung galaxy s2 on o2, had it nearly a year now and its been fine. Recently it keeps messing up, like going into drive mode without me even touching it, battery going low, wont stay turned off unless its plugged in charger and other annoying things. Only started happening over last 2 days and dont know why.

Anyway, o2 website and my account is shite, it's insured with o2..can I just take it to any o2 shop for them to repair? Is it free seeing as I have insurance?
MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 03:22   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Remove the battery, re-insert.

Android can lock up sometimes if you don't do a cold boot every so often.

If the problem persists, then take it to the O2 shop
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MartinObviously For This Useful Post:
Old 27th January 2013, 03:41   #3
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

Its a Common fault, its to do with the usb port, if you look closely you might see crap inside it etc.. mine was doing it too so I rooted it. Im now using jellybam, miles better than a stock ROM and it doesn't have all the bloatware like that shitty viago drive mode software etc.

Touch wood no issues since

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlawlan69 For This Useful Post:
Old 27th January 2013, 12:56   #4
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

Not very technical on the phone side... what is rooting? I'll try taking the battery out and see if it works. ALso my headphone socket doesnt work and hasnt for a while, is this an easy repair?
Old 27th January 2013, 13:00   #5
Saxjoe
Regular Poster

Car(s): Renault Kangoo and currently saxoless :(
Saxjoe is on a distinguished road

Yeh happened to me, took the battery out for a couple of minutes, put back in and it was fine again
Saxjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 15:12   #6
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHouston View Post
Not very technical on the phone side... what is rooting? I'll try taking the battery out and see if it works. ALso my headphone socket doesnt work and hasnt for a while, is this an easy repair?
Rooting is like becoming a moderator of a computer, giving full access to everything, have a read if the pda developers forums and see if it is something you would like, its not as hard as it sounds.

2-0 Leeds MOT

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 21:35   #7
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Well last night my phone died completely and wouldn't switch back on. So went to an o2 shop today and it's been sent off for repair. This has put me off Samsungs though so when I get my upgrade in September I might try somehting new. But to be honest i've not been impressed with o2. Signal is bad half the time.

Do love the camera and display on the Samsung though. Good camera is a must. I've tried a Windows phone and hate them so thinking i'll have a mooch of the new Blackberrys coming out soon, or even an iPhone