Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Old 19th September 2006, 01:07   #181
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billog_VTR View Post
I dont think many members including myself dont see a real issue at present.
Often, issues are dealt with before many people see the aftermath... moderators tend to be quick acting on sax-p (if someone is online)

There are currently OVER 900 deleted threads in this community... threads rarely get deleted. Sometimes the get locked to diffuse a situation, but something 'bad' has to happen to get a post deleted.

So 900 deletions is pretty bad...
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 01:08   #182
Billog_VTR
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk1
Billog_VTR will become famous soon enoughBillog_VTR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
This system will SAVE valuable moderator time. Trust me on that...
I worry that this could be because of a more abrupt approach though. I dont think too many people have taken offence mate but if you open a thread asking for comments then people will pick niggly worries. I'm all for the system, aslong as its used in a similar mannor as you would do when recieving a word from a mod re-instating the rules.
Billog_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 01:10   #183
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I worry that this could be because of a more abrupt approach though. I dont think too many people have taken offence mate but if you open a thread asking for comments then people will pick niggly worries. I'm all for the system, aslong as its used in a similar mannor as you would do when recieving a word from a mod re-instating the rules.
Then dont worry...

If you receive an infraction penalty you automatically receive a PM saying what/when/why you received it along with some comments from the moderator.

The mode of contact is far easier/efficient for the moderators.
Old 19th September 2006, 01:14   #184
Billog_VTR
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

Billog_VTR will become famous soon enoughBillog_VTR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Then dont worry...

If you receive an infraction penalty you automatically receive a PM saying what/when/why you received it along with some comments from the moderator.
and that short explanation has scratched the worry I had. It sounds like it will also cause alot less hastle for when people do have to be warned as I've noticed sometimes when mods step in, they get a fair bit of attention, like school kids laughing when there mate gets told off. I for one hold my hands up for occasionaly having a giggle at someone getting a little irate because because there posts/threads get deleted!
Old 19th September 2006, 01:19   #185
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
and that short explanation has scratched the worry I had. It sounds like it will also cause alot less hastle for when people do have to be warned as I've noticed sometimes when mods step in, they get a fair bit of attention, like school kids laughing when there mate gets told off. I for one hold my hands up for occasionaly having a giggle at someone getting a little irate because because there posts/threads get deleted!
Sorry, my replies are getting shorter and shorter regarding this topic
Old 19th September 2006, 01:24   #186
Billog_VTR
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

short and to the point, I'm a simple guy I like simple comments!
Old 19th September 2006, 07:48   #187
Billog_VTR
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
bill... what sort of other issues man?

the forum is one of the fastest and bestly (made that word up ) organised site i've come across to be honest... dont know how it could improved.
sorry mate missed your post, I was referring to a thread I read a little while ago about things such as a different selling system. I would have thought a bit of confidence when buying/selling would have been up there on most users wish list, rather than dicipline! lol but guess we always have egay! Another was regional meets I think or a big sax-p meet?? Anyhow i'm quite looking forward to seeing the system in place was just wondering if it was a mod decision to introduce this system or whether we, as in paying users, were asked where we'd like to see time spent?
Old 19th September 2006, 08:00   #188
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
was just wondering if it was a mod decision to introduce this system or whether we, as in paying users, were asked where we'd like to see time spent?
Premium Members are constantly asked how the Premium Member services should be improved... and usually we receive very little feedback.

Membership fees do not contribute in any way towards 'time' being spent on management activities. Nobody receives a wage from this.

Some people are blowing this system WELL OUT OF PROPORTION.

It took approx 2 hours to set this system up... and a couple of weeks to chew it over and decide if it was the correct thing to do (a process always undertaken by the admin/mod team). The community will see that it was the correct decision in time.

This thread has turned into quite a deep cutting debate and shows some members' true feelings about certain aspects of Saxperience. I am truly concerned and a little disgusted by some of these feelings.

I can see my responses getting shorter and blunter.
Old 19th September 2006, 08:30   #189
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

am i right in thinking that this is just a method of moderating the forum in a controlled way, as opposed to simply banning people for offences on some occasions and doing nothing at other times? Why do people have a problem with this? Why do they even care that much as it won't affect many on here
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 08:41   #190
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDavid View Post
am i right in thinking that this is just a method of moderating the forum in a controlled way, as opposed to simply banning people for offences on some occasions and doing nothing at other times? Why do people have a problem with this? Why do they even care that much as it won't affect many on here
Yes.... thats exactly right.

This system offers the moderators a better tool to moderate consistently AND offers a better method of documenting who has dealt with what situation... and how.

It also enables the community to 'see' things are being dealt with responsibly.
Old 19th September 2006, 08:53   #191
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

That's completely unreasonable Simo.I think you should Lock threads with sarcastic coments and give out bans willy nilly. Thats the way its always been and thats the way it should stay!
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 08:56   #192
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

Should have done it like a driving licence where u got 12? points and after that you get banned lol

I dont see nothing wrong with this system, good idea guys!
saxoash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 08:57   #193
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

jesus this has gone abit far hasnt it

your gona have to be a proper t**t to get banned on here even i dont think i can manage it

think evryone just needs to chill and get on with it

oh and people who start 0-60 in second threads sholud be shot not banned

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 08:59   #194
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoash View Post
Should have done it like a driving licence where u got 12? points and after that you get banned lol

it is though and you get 20 points instead

my for sale ad
Old 19th September 2006, 09:21   #195
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

19 points and counting................lol
Old 19th September 2006, 11:20   #196
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWales View Post
19 points and counting................lol
i think your offside
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 13:14   #197
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Seems to me people are taking this out of proportion.

I don't even let it bother me, I'm just carrying on using Saxperience as I have always done and always will.

Simple as, I have nothing to be afraid of because I don't act like a dick on the forums tbh.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 13:18   #198
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

I didnt even read the thread, I just found the need to post a pointless remark as 10 pages have passed and there was not 1 post from myself.
Old 19th September 2006, 13:20   #199
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWales View Post
I didnt even read the thread, I just found the need to post a pointless remark as 10 pages have passed and there was not 1 post from myself.
red card your off

my for sale ad
Old 19th September 2006, 14:06   #200
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDavid View Post
this is just a method of moderating the forum in a controlled way, as opposed to simply banning people for offences on some occasions and doing nothing at other times
Could not have put it better myself!

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote