Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 20th September 2006, 15:13   #1
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 172 Phase 1
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!
Default 2 x 150 rms amp ?

does anyone know a 2 channel amp with this power ? maybe upto 2 x 200 rms

cheers
Old 20th September 2006, 15:29   #2
Goddy
Regular Poster

Car(s): Honda Civic 1.8 I-VTEC TYPE-S
Goddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Sony XM-2002GTR

http://www.recommendedbuys.com/elect...xm-2002gtr.htm
Goddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2006, 16:09   #3
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!

any english websites?
Old 20th September 2006, 16:35   #4
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 401 bhp r33 skyline
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant future

the one im selling son, if you wana pay me more than matty is
Old 20th September 2006, 22:09   #5
CSVTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): '01 1.8T Audi S3
CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

What is your budget?

What type of speakers are going to be run off of the amp?

Desired impedance?

2 channel only, or will you consider a bridged 4 channel?

Once these questions have been answered people will be able to give better recommendations.
CSVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2006, 11:35   #6
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

thanks CSVTR

im looking at getting the square vibe 6x9's

2 channel

impendance ? lol

cheers
Old 21st September 2006, 13:28   #7
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

have you not read the 6x9s thread?
Old 21st September 2006, 13:31   #8
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

yea i have but theres countless good reviews on the vibe speakers
Old 21st September 2006, 14:28   #9
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Reviews where?

6x9s will never make good speakers. as there the wrong shape for a start. You find me a recording studio in the world that uses oval speakers for monitors and I will give the registered charity of your choise £10.

I am guessing that you would be mounting the 6x9s in the rear of the car? Saxos dont need rear speakers at all.

Remember audio is recorded in Stereo. Thats a left and a right channel not a front and back!

The best advise I can give you is forget 6x9s, forget rear speakers. Buy some good front components and amp them with a good powerfull amp.
Old 21st September 2006, 15:33   #10
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post
Reviews where?

6x9s will never make good speakers. as there the wrong shape for a start. You find me a recording studio in the world that uses oval speakers for monitors and I will give the registered charity of your choise £10.
i believe i said the sqaure vibe 6x9s .....

moving on erm im not to bothered, i asked for advice on an amp, not advice on wether i should or shouldnt buy the 6x9s, your entitled to your opinion but just pm me or sumthing
Old 21st September 2006, 15:34   #11
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesyFX View Post

im looking at getting the square vibe 6x9's
see i did say it lol
Old 21st September 2006, 15:45   #12
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

I only ever advise people on how to get the best for there money. What I am saying to you is Vibe square 6x9s are not the best thing you can do to make your listening more pleasurable. I will remove my offer of finding a recording studio that uses oval speakers and replace it with the same offer for finding one that uses rectangle shaped speakers. The best sounding speakers are round!

If you dont want to listen to my advise I aint got a problem with that. At the end of the day its your money not mine. Just next time you come asking for advise I wont waste my time trying to help.

Remember these things. I have no affilation with any ICE shop or company. I only ever offer good quailty advise thats free! I spend a hell of a lot of time answering ICE questions on this and other forums trying to save people wasting money on a poor qulity system. I have been in to ICE for over 10 years now and have produced my own competition spec system and helped loads of other people out. You could say I know a little about ICE.

One last thing where have you seen a good review of Vibe 6x9s?
Old 21st September 2006, 15:51   #13
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

yes i appreciate all of that, but lets get real, you what you pay for, im a poor student, i cant go getting some top spec subwoofer or whatever, obviously they are the best, doesnt take a genius to work that out.

all im saying is even if you disagree about my choice, id still rather you advised me on an amp at least ? its only fair really ?

i dont want us to have some sort of flame over this to be honest lol, but like i say money buys the best and at the moment 300 quid on my exhaust and then the wheels im getting thats 600 + and thats me skint!

today i played with my infinity coax's (not amped) i realised putting the bass to the lowest minus, then treble to the highest, they went fuckin loud, and didnt crackle, so i may just amp them tbh, and plenty of dynamat!
Old 21st September 2006, 15:59   #14
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

Well how much do you plan to spend on a amp and a set of 6x9s? As I reckon that I will be able to get you a sub, amp and box for the same money. That will give you a better sounding system and you wont have to have 6x9s either!

If your wanting the best for your budget I can help!
Old 21st September 2006, 16:03   #15
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

lol well hmmm

budget of sayyy 150, thats for sub amp and box, my coax's will do for now, but id like them amped so im assumin a 4 channel ?

cheers
Old 21st September 2006, 16:10   #16
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

Great I can work with that. Would you mind uing second hand gear?
Old 21st September 2006, 16:11   #17
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

nah aslong as its in good nick
Old 21st September 2006, 16:18   #18
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

Thats great then mate I will have a look round forums and ebay see what I can find.

I actully have a challange/project at the minute. I am builing my GF a system and its got to come under £150 in total. So for I have spent £75 and got a brand new JVC cd/mp3 headunit and two amps! The amps are Mutant (crap)mind but for £17 I wont not have got anything else. That leaves me with £75 for a sub and some componets! I already have all the wiring less a fuse and fuse holder!
Old 21st September 2006, 16:23   #19
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

lol well i dont need a headunit i got me a £250 alpine one
Old 21st September 2006, 16:37   #20
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

You should have spent less on the headunit that would have given you another £150 to play with speaker and amp wise. That would have sounded better then what you will end up with.