Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 10th April 2013, 23:08   #1
ixwill
L-plater

Car(s): saxo vts
ixwill is on a distinguished road
Default rear axel

the rear axel on my vts is fucked I have a drum axel already can I put the disk hubs on to the drum axel heard some places you can and also that I cant whats the truth is it worth it will there be any difference in brakeing?
ixwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 01:59   #2
ixwill
L-plater

anyone or could I just put the drum axel on?
Old 11th April 2013, 02:29   #3
Christian555
Regular Poster
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): Gold Saxo VTS & a Yellow S2000
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Christian555 is on a distinguished road

I don't know if you could mate but would be stupid to put drums on anyway. I don't think the brakes are great to begin with unless its just my car that has shit brakes.
Christian555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 02:41   #4
ixwill
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian555 View Post
I don't know if you could mate but would be stupid to put drums on anyway. I don't think the brakes are great to begin with unless its just my car that has shit brakes.
At the moment I don't care I just need to get it a mot and driveable then I will sort getig it a disk axel
Old 11th April 2013, 09:43   #5
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

You can put the discs on but you have to swap the pins in the arms as the disc ones are longer

Theyre pressed in so its not an easy job means removing the arms to be able too really
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:37   #6
mechsman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i SX 3dr, 106 (engine swap under way), p
mechsman is on a distinguished road

^ what he said. You can use the drum beam, but you need to swap the stub pins. You will also need to swap the backing plates and brake lines if I remember rightly. You can smash the pins out of the arms with a big enough hammer, but there's no gurantee of not f*cking something when you do it.

You could just put the drum beam on complete, but it "might" need some arsing about with the lines to get them to line up. Drums have more stopping power than disks anyway (they're just crap at shedding heat), why do you think lorries still use them.
mechsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 20:46   #7
jamie281093
Regular Poster

Car(s): Cammed MK1 VTR
jamie281093 is on a distinguished road

I've done this myself, just heat around the stub pins and knock them out with a copper mallet, easy enough to do, just a lot of messing around,makes it a thousand times easier to clean up the splines on both surfaces before putting the pins back in too
jamie281093 is offline   Reply With Quote