Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 31st July 2008, 16:16   #1
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold
Default Tips/Help Needed WiFi/ Inet speeds

Wondering . . . if any of you know of any tips you could share with improving my internet speed.
My PC (and other PC's and MAC) Inc. PS3 have a poor Speed connection.
We have an 8mb contract, but for our area its only rated upto 6mb at the moment. With BT, will be reviewing our contract when it ends up soon.
Mean time. I'm having problems with speeds, they are really slow, only getting roughly 20-40kbps downloading files from the net. Takes the piss when playing games online or downloading updates and things.
Is there a way of improving bar form upgrading contracts etc. Anything settigns wise or software related io could try.
I use the usuals, defrags, spybot, avast, ccleaner, ad-aware & speedupmypc frequently.
My PS3 is done wirelessly, and Main PC is recieves the internet via USB receiver Belkin.
Router is a Netgear DG834G
Also have about 11-15 other networks in my area. (could be the issue why its slow)
any thoughts, or help appreciated.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:23   #2
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

I'd contact your ISP.

Recently my mate had a issue with his to which his "profile" was messed up with port throttling enabled on certain things ...

Give them a call, they can also advise / check your line for faults
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote