Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 11th September 2010, 19:21   #1
twotall

Car(s): 1998 saxo 1.1
twotall is on a distinguished road
Default front brakes sticking on

i have replaced the front pads on my 1.1 saxo the brakes work fine but the off side front is sticking on . http://www.saxperience.com/forum/ima...lies/panic.gif any body no why and how to fix
twotall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 16:21   #2
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

caliper slider sticking is one possibility, new pads are too tight a fit in caliper is another,did you clean any surface rust of the caliper before fitting,where the pads sit?
Old 13th September 2010, 16:17   #3
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

brake cross shaft linkage overtightened -
easycheck --drive car -stop and undo a bleed screw on front caliper --if fluid shoots out and brakes are not binding any more ,then linkage is too tight ,or sticking and keeping pressure on master cylinder.
if brakes are still binding then calipers or pads are stuck in claipers or both
Old 1st April 2017, 19:38   #4
Markg65

Markg65 is on a distinguished road

Hi this my first post on this forum. I have been chasing a problem on my daughter's Pug 106 where the brakes slowly apply and after 2 miles the vehicle grinds to a halt. There is pressure in the hydraulic line that is applying the brakes. Once cooled it drives fine again. I have read story's on line where people have replaced:- Discs, Pads, Calipers, Master Cylinder, Servo etc. Now for my findings, I have identified that for me the second bell crank is seized, this causes the servo to be partially operated causing the brakes to bind as the the Master Cylinder non return valve is operated pressure in the hydraulic builds up and as the pads get hotter and things expand the brakes bite harder and harder. Thought I'd post this as I have not seen it mentioned elsewhere. Hope that it helps others with their diagnosis in the future. Mark
Markg65 is offline   Reply With Quote