Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2006, 14:54   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default REPUTATION - Explained.

I see the launch of the reputation system has caused a bit of a stir. There really isn't anything to worry about with this system. It simply allows the community to show their opinion in a measurable way.

There are two distinct differences...

Reputation Power and Reputation Points.

Reputation Power is the degree of influence you can have on someone elses reputation LEVEL. You amass reputation power from being a good, solid user. Power is related to the length of time you have been a member, how many posts you have made, what your reputation level is and all manner of things... You can see your reputation power beside your posts in the forums, accompanied by a green blob(s).

Reputation Level is basically your reputation... according to the community members. EVERYONE started on this new forum with a reputation level of 10 points.

If you think somebody made a good or a bad contribution to a particular thread you can assign them with positive or negative reputation. When you assign reputation, your reputation POWER is added or subtracted from the users reputation LEVEL. You assign reputation points by clicking the 'balance' symbol at the side of forum posts.

You can VIEW your reputation level in your user control panel. You will also see the last ten reputation rankings that you have been assigned (if any). You will be able to see if you were awarded positive or negative reputation points.

You will not be able to see who left the points but if applied properly a message should hav ebeen left, so that you know why you were awarded positive or negative reputation points. (If you dont leave a message, you're more than likely abusing the system!!)

THe reputation system has many complex rules, which have been setup behind the scenes. It is not possible for people to continually receive reputation (good or bad) from the same members. You can try, but it wont be aplpied to the score

NEW members are not able to assign reputation until they have made a certain nuber of posts (I think its 50 currently), so that new members cannot sign up and try to cause havoc. (I should also mention that email verification is now incorporated to stop WASTERS registering to cause grief).

If you have LOW/negative reputation you are not able to assign negative reputation points, as usually this would be an abuse of the system whilst you try to 'get someone back'.

Members with low/negative reputation levels should ask themselves why this could be. Is it really possible that you are doing something that the rest f the community don't approve of? After all, the majority rule... If you fall into this category, then consider your posting style and behaviour and maybe your reputation will rise.

I think thats all I will say for now... if you have any further questions regarding the REPUTATION SYSTEM please post them in this thread... as they are getting dotted here, there and everywhere currently
Old 12th June 2006, 14:55   #2
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

wooo been waiting for this all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Old 12th June 2006, 14:58   #3
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

i get it now im on 25 allready wow people like me

my for sale ad
Old 12th June 2006, 15:00   #4
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

lol im on 4 and have been marked down on really stupid things, i hope this system isnt going to be abused by certain members. I got bad rep's for giving some1 a detailed answer inwhich every1 agreed on and helped the guy, another for posting asking where a 'regional meet thread had gone' because i should have known to find it myself better WTF

Anyway thanks for explaining that simo, much clearer now!
Old 12th June 2006, 15:01   #5
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr
i get it now im on 25 allready wow people like me
You have a rep power of 25... but do you have a reputation of 25 also... they are different remember
Old 12th June 2006, 15:02   #6
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylVTR
lol im on 4 and have been marked down on really stupid things, i hope this system isnt going to be abused by certain members. I got bad rep's for giving some1 a detailed answer inwhich every1 agreed on and helped the guy, another for posting asking where a 'regional meet thread had gone' because i should have known to find it myself better WTF

Anyway thanks for explaining that simo, much clearer now!
You have a low rep power as you have only been a member for a short length of time. Your reputation level is different... I cant see if it is 4 or not?
Old 12th June 2006, 15:02   #7
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

on the profile where it says how many points you have...do the points go up the same amount all the time or does this depend on how many points the user who gave you the points has?

if that makes sense

Quote:
Old 12th June 2006, 15:02   #8
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): A4 S Line SE 170
saxx will become famous soon enoughsaxx will become famous soon enough

im well confused - but im guessin as long as your not in the red your ok?
Old 12th June 2006, 15:03   #9
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

where can we view this in profile i cannot find link
Old 12th June 2006, 15:04   #10
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

I can see this being harshly abused, it seems like a Keyboard Conan's wet dream. Hope to be prived wrong though
Old 12th June 2006, 15:04   #11
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

simo please can we have screen shots with arrows?
Old 12th June 2006, 15:04   #12
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoash
just click on your profile in top right hand corner, it in the middle of the page after you click on there

Quote:
Old 12th June 2006, 15:04   #13
Simop
Administrator

Like I explained rep power and reputation are differnt.

When you loko on the left, beside my post, you see my rep power is 52. This is the amount of point I can add or remove from YOUR reputation LEVEL.

When I look in my user control panel, my reputation LEVEL is 66.

Come on guys... its not 'that' difficult to suss out they are two different things?

Can I explain it better some how??
Old 12th June 2006, 15:05   #14
starkie
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Black Saxo VTS
starkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Lol dont worry mate i cant find it either lol!

I hope im not just being dumb
Old 12th June 2006, 15:05   #15
James
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Beeeemer
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Just click profile ash, it goes straight to the reputation feedback.

Edit : Same applies for Starkie
Old 12th June 2006, 15:05   #16
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

i think i get it!
Old 12th June 2006, 15:06   #17
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Rep Power is on the left hand side under avatar etc
Rep Level is on the same bit where it tells you the latest repuation recieved...mine is at 67 at the moment, this is located on your profile page

Quote:
Old 12th June 2006, 15:06   #18
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_saxo
just click on your profile in top left hand corner, it in the middle of the page after you click on there
I cant do screen shots so well from work... just click your username or user control panel (top right) and its shown in the main window.

New Subscribed Threads: (0)

Latest Reputation Received - 66 points total
Old 12th June 2006, 15:07   #19
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

ohh yeah cheers lol its because no one had given me any rep yet, someone just had so it now shows up cheers cloudy boy!
Old 12th June 2006, 15:08   #20
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDavid
I can see this being harshly abused, it seems like a Keyboard Conan's wet dream. Hope to be prived wrong though

Abusers will soon be highlighted and their reputation will fall, meaning that they can no longer abuse... or if they do, their reputation power will be so low as not to significantly effect anything.

Only on day 2, so reputations are not yet formed, etc.
Closed Thread