Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 28th December 2012, 22:49   #21
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Tell me about it when I changed the alternator mine locked on was a bastard to unlock, mines had a cheapy aftermarket alarm fitted that bypasses the original immobiliser somehow even though it's inside the pump

It's reliable as hell but it's a funny system they put into them, people on 106 Owners (ooops) claim you can crack them off and bypass them, don't know how you can do that on the Lucas since you can't open them.
Well on the lucas you can simply provide a direct feed to the solenoid. so should be no problem there? fit a gypsy switch on the dash to trigger it manually.

I've got a lucas pump lying about, might test my bypass method to actually make sure that works. I'm sure it does though
MartinObviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 22:55   #22
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
It's ok I'll explain, Asked for brakes on here in the Wanted Section.

Then Jayline sent me some for free but I had to pay the courier.

The brakes didn't have any bolts to fit them to my car so I had to ring Peterlee Motorsalvage and I went there to get the 4 bolts I needed.

That make things clearer for you?
Very much so, they weren't free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 14:51   #23
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
Well on the lucas you can simply provide a direct feed to the solenoid. so should be no problem there? fit a gypsy switch on the dash to trigger it manually.

I've got a lucas pump lying about, might test my bypass method to actually make sure that works. I'm sure it does though
Oh they do have an ECU I can see from your progress thread I never knew that, you seem more clued up on them I am, in your thread on 106 owners you say early ones dont have an EGR so am I right in saying mine doesn't?

I wouldn't ever call mine fast but I just put a K&N in the air box and at cruising speed it pulls good for what it is, off the line it's just pathetic lol but can't moan when you're getting over 60mpg, any other tips or advice you can give?

Luckily mine doesn't seem to burn any oil although it's leaking very slightly, looks like it's leaking from the cambelt so could be cam oil seals? I plan to change oil every 5k. I was thinking of cutting out all the back boxes for a laugh heard it done before but mine is very quiet now (exhaust wise) and thought it might get irritating over time.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 15:02   #24
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Talking

Quote:
Oh they do have an ECU I can see from your progress thread I never knew that, you seem more clued up on them I am, in your thread on 106 owners you say early ones dont have an EGR so am I right in saying mine doesn't?

I wouldn't ever call mine fast but I just put a K&N in the air box and at cruising speed it pulls good for what it is, off the line it's just pathetic lol but can't moan when you're getting over 60mpg, any other tips or advice you can give?

Luckily mine doesn't seem to burn any oil although it's leaking very slightly, looks like it's leaking from the cambelt so could be cam oil seals? I plan to change oil every 5k. I was thinking of cutting out all the back boxes for a laugh heard it done before but mine is very quiet now (exhaust wise) and thought it might get irritating over time.
Diesel is very noisy with a straight exhaust, you'll get bored of it but it is good fun.

MY TUD5 was leaking from that corner, but it was the gasket. simply tightened the headbolts down another 45 degrees and it stopped leaking. but it could be a camshaft seal

No, the 1.5d is hideously slow. drove mine a few weeks back and I thought there was something wrong with it

Saving weight is the only other thing you can do, an AX with the same engine can do 90mpg simply because it's lighter.

I've no idea, do you have an EGR valve? should be obvious if you do, there will be a T piece on your brake servo which leads to a solenoid.

EGR is a pain in the arse anyway - as I'm sure you've seen the hassle they cause in my progress blog.

Also, don't know if you got a pm but I don't think I can start a prog blog here until my 30 days are up?
Old 29th December 2012, 15:28   #25
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Diesel is very noisy with a straight exhaust, you'll get bored of it but it is good fun.

MY TUD5 was leaking from that corner, but it was the gasket. simply tightened the headbolts down another 45 degrees and it stopped leaking. but it could be a camshaft seal

No, the 1.5d is hideously slow. drove mine a few weeks back and I thought there was something wrong with it

Saving weight is the only other thing you can do, an AX with the same engine can do 90mpg simply because it's lighter.

I've no idea, do you have an EGR valve? should be obvious if you do, there will be a T piece on your brake servo which leads to a solenoid.

EGR is a pain in the arse anyway - as I'm sure you've seen the hassle they cause in my progress blog.

Also, don't know if you got a pm but I don't think I can start a prog blog here until my 30 days are up?
Dunno if you can tell from this:

Yeah I guess I could try shedding weight, don't know much else apart from removing spare wheel and sound deadening from behind the dash don't think i'll bother really haha. Yeah saw your PM ive been having a long read through yours
Old 29th December 2012, 15:32   #26
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

You will never get anything you can refer to as speed from it. Ever. You will certainly slow down when you go up the hills on the A19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 15:46   #27
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
You will never get anything you can refer to as speed from it. Ever. You will certainly slow down when you go up the hills on the A19.
I'm not after speed, come to my grans today and virtually had to floor it all the way on the A1 (where all the hill areas).

My dad had a non turbo 1.8 diesel 205 back in the day and this drives a lot like them, very slow off the line but like to cruise in 5th, just got to make sure you carry speed before challenging a hill.
Old 29th December 2012, 16:22   #28
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Dunno if you can tell from this:

Yeah I guess I could try shedding weight, don't know much else apart from removing spare wheel and sound deadening from behind the dash don't think i'll bother really haha. Yeah saw your PM ive been having a long read through yours
Yeah you have an EGR valve on that, oddly enough you have a fuel cut off switch as well

I see you have a Lucas pump too

If you fancy a laugh, have a watch of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acfNuM_uOuU
Old 29th December 2012, 20:12   #29
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Yeah you have an EGR valve on that, oddly enough you have a fuel cut off switch as well

I see you have a Lucas pump too

If you fancy a laugh, have a watch of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acfNuM_uOuU
Yeah seen that lol, seems odd to have an EGR then? How is it odd to have a fuel cut off.
Old 29th December 2012, 23:21   #30
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Yeah seen that lol, seems odd to have an EGR then? How is it odd to have a fuel cut off.
Because there is no electric pump it's mechanically driven from the engine.

The engine would stop of you crashed anyway the pump is right at the front and easily damaged.
Old 29th December 2012, 23:40   #31
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Because there is no electric pump it's mechanically driven from the engine.

The engine would stop of you crashed anyway the pump is right at the front and easily damaged.
Yeah but when I bought the car it had a knackered alternator only giving out 11.5v so when driving the battery slowly drained, eventually the car would cut out so is the pickup pump not necessary to draw the fuel to the engine?

My dads old 205 1.8 diesel used to run without a battery but my 106 doesn't
Old 30th December 2012, 00:23   #32
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Yeah but when I bought the car it had a knackered alternator only giving out 11.5v so when driving the battery slowly drained, eventually the car would cut out so is the pickup pump not necessary to draw the fuel to the engine?

My dads old 205 1.8 diesel used to run without a battery but my 106 doesn't
There is no pickup pump it's just the fuel pump on the engine which draws fuel, that's why you have a priming grenade

On these engines, the solenoid is a spring return, power for fuel - no power cuts out the solenoid
Old 6th January 2013, 19:07   #33
Aly
Saxperience Addict

So I went to IM Axles this morning to get a new axle fitted to my 106.
I wanted to take advantage of the January offer they are doing.

I didn't get to meet martin but ian is a total gentleman and was very impressed at how fast he fitted the axle even though I wasn't in a particular hurry, also impressed how he swapped over my brakes and hubs without having to disconnect my brake lines so didn't have to bleed them.

The car now feels like a completely different car, the rear end feels taught and planted, although the £282 I spent getting the axle is more than the car cost me I feel it worth it as Ian even said he was impressed how clean it is underneath there's no rot and I feel it a good investment if I was to sell the car.

It's getting lowered hopefully this week and I'm going to fit some new gear linkages.

I'll give it a good wash tomorrow and take some photo's.

Thanks for looking.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:08   #34
Aly
Saxperience Addict

What do people think of this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Aly For This Useful Post:
Old 14th January 2013, 12:10   #35
jayline
Banned
South East Region Member

Car(s): mk1 flat arch
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
jayline is on a distinguished road

Love it!!!! Just need gti leathers and you got a beauty!
jayline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayline For This Useful Post:
Old 14th January 2013, 12:12   #36
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Cheers Jay I'm picking them wheels up tonight just got to brave this snow on a 160 miles trip down the A1 lol, hopefully lower it this week if the snow calms down, car looks a bit messy in the pic and going to pull the dent out, I reckon once I tidy it up a bit maybe colour code the strips I can make it look half decent.

It's never going to be a show winning car at least If I can make the effort some people might appreciate it.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:18   #37
UKtom
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Scirocco
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
UKtom is on a distinguished road

they do look smart aly! not bad for a winter car to be fair haha blue rim tape would look 10x better though
UKtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 12:20   #38
manta
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): '85 Opel Manta '88 Manta GT/E '87 Rayleigh Roadi
manta is on a distinguished road

I like it. Low, slow and noisy.
manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 12:23   #39
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

205 gtis are good wheels
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 12:27   #40
Aly
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKtom View Post
they do look smart aly! not bad for a winter car to be fair haha blue rim tape would look 10x better though
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertlittler123 View Post
I like it. Low, slow and noisy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
205 gtis are good wheels
cheers guys! well it's gonna be more of a winter car than my every day car, need to save money this year.

Tom I think the red is painted on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aly For This Useful Post: