Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 22nd January 2012, 21:47   #341
rara21

rara21 is on a distinguished road

since oct 2011 my power steering has been working off and on,sometimes it doesnt work then kicks in when ive been driving for a while or doesnt work at all,or can work straight away.we saw the pic and went to do what it said but my car doesnt have two red wires or two brown wires it has one red and one red/white coming from the ignition and then a brown with a white or a brown with a blue/white so we werent sure which one to disconnect please help i want to try this before buying a new pump @ £219!!!!
rara21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 21:30   #342
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): saxo 1.4 westcoast, vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rara21 View Post
since oct 2011 my power steering has been working off and on,sometimes it doesnt work then kicks in when ive been driving for a while or doesnt work at all,or can work straight away.we saw the pic and went to do what it said but my car doesnt have two red wires or two brown wires it has one red and one red/white coming from the ignition and then a brown with a white or a brown with a blue/white so we werent sure which one to disconnect please help i want to try this before buying a new pump @ £219!!!!
Go and get a mallet and hit the metal bit of the pump under the car for About a min while the car is off then a min when the car is winning mine has kept working ever since
boarer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 21:39   #343
timbutjack

timbutjack is on a distinguished road

hi

i had this problem come up recently, power steering, heater blower and rear screen demister..

i proceeded to carry out this mod and the red wires underneath the dash are already loose, with the brown wires no where to be seen..

i need to know where the brown wires initially trace back to? where do they start out?

thanks in advance!
timbutjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 23:15   #344
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

ive done one in detail if anyone needs extra help worth a read all done like a pro by myself

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=276647
Old 28th January 2012, 23:38   #345
Ginger_mat

Car(s): Citreon Saxo VTR
Ginger_mat is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys!

Had my Saxo since July last year and have had this problem on and off since driving it, before now replacing the fuse has always solved the problem. However Thursday it happened again so as per usual I replaced the fuse, this time the new fuse just popped straight away. Along with the other three I tried after this, including a 30 and a 40 amp fuse. So the weekend me and my brother (mechanic for 15 years) did this mod, and once again the fuse just popped. We checked the feed from the barrel and all seems fine, we disconnected the rear screen heater and the power steering seperatley and still no luck.

So anyone got any other idea's? We where thinking maybe a burnt out wire shorting it out but could do with a wiring diagram to trace where the wires go, if anyone could help us out with that too, that would be great.

Cheers Mat!
Ginger_mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 22:33   #346
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_mat View Post
Hi Guys!

Had my Saxo since July last year and have had this problem on and off since driving it, before now replacing the fuse has always solved the problem. However Thursday it happened again so as per usual I replaced the fuse, this time the new fuse just popped straight away. Along with the other three I tried after this, including a 30 and a 40 amp fuse. So the weekend me and my brother (mechanic for 15 years) did this mod, and once again the fuse just popped. We checked the feed from the barrel and all seems fine, we disconnected the rear screen heater and the power steering seperatley and still no luck.

So anyone got any other idea's? We where thinking maybe a burnt out wire shorting it out but could do with a wiring diagram to trace where the wires go, if anyone could help us out with that too, that would be great.

Cheers Mat!
checked relay ???
Old 10th February 2012, 10:52   #347
Gritz

Gritz is on a distinguished road

just done this on my saxo , thanks for the guide really easy to do !!!!!!!!! thanks again
Gritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 07:11   #348
sizzler

sizzler is on a distinguished road
Default starting to panic.....

Hi, my PAS, heater blowers and rear de-mist have stopped working, I have checked all the fusses and tried to connected the wires as shown in the thread but unfortunately no joy, can anyone please help????? thanks Sizzler
sizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 11:16   #349
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzler View Post
Hi, my PAS, heater blowers and rear de-mist have stopped working, I have checked all the fusses and tried to connected the wires as shown in the thread but unfortunately no joy, can anyone please help????? thanks Sizzler
relay ??
Old 19th March 2012, 15:25   #350
Loobylu88

Loobylu88 is on a distinguished road

My PAS, heater blower and rear demister all stopped working, fuses are ok. Do I have to do this bypass thing - and how do i do it? Also will it pass the MOT like that? cheers!
Loobylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 20:10   #351
leej
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo furio
leej is on a distinguished road

so if only 2 dont work what could be the problem?
leej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:34   #352
SJHill399

SJHill399 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, my power steering was temperamental and my battery was being drained. a new alternator has been fitted by a mechanic but not fixed the problem. i now have no power steering and my heater fan only works on the 3rd setting i have not checked the rear heated window as car is dead with this fix it?

Cheers
SJHill399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 23:05   #353
Scooby-Doo

Car(s): VTR
Scooby-Doo is on a distinguished road

Just as an update;

I did this mod on my VTR today after visiting Maplin for the components.

They sell a 30A wire for £1.79 per metre (minimum purchase 1m) and the necessary spade connectors in a pack of 10 for £1.89.

Gives at least 5 chances of getting it right for under £4.

Thanks for the write up.
Scooby-Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 12:15   #354
Gammy

Car(s): Saxo vtr
Gammy is on a distinguished road

My rear demister is not working, same as my power steering but heaters are fine. Any help please?
Gammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 13:06   #355
ryan_g86
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Track VTS - C1 Runabout ;)
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
ryan_g86 is a jewel in the roughryan_g86 is a jewel in the roughryan_g86 is a jewel in the rough

Right i think i might be having this problem now also? ive changed the pump and every time i now turn the ignition on it blows the fuse inside the car that controls the pas, heater and de-mister. Is this what happens if the barrel is faulty or would this be down to another issue. The car still works fine but just cant seem to get the above three items to work. Help would be awesome.
ryan_g86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 13:16   #356
Scooby-Doo

Car(s): VTR
Scooby-Doo is on a distinguished road

It won't hurt anything by doing this mod, so give it a go.

I think it'll fix your problem.
Scooby-Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 18:12   #357
brettvtr

Car(s): 03 saxo VTR
brettvtr is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have looked through a lot of pages on this in the last few days,I'll start with power steering not working,heaters and rear demist also not working,I tried the MOD but still nothing,swapped the relay,still nothing,changed the pump,still nothing,I don't have the battery light staying on so i'm hoping that rules out the alternator,Can anyone please tell me what else it could be? never had any bother with the older saxo's but this 03 plate VTR is starting to do my nut in,Thanks in advance
brettvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 22:10   #358
brettvtr

Car(s): 03 saxo VTR
brettvtr is on a distinguished road

After a lot more looking on the web I keep coming back to this MOD, so in the morning al have another go straight from the brown wires because there is an alarm system wired into the red wires and i'm hoping that after that it should be fixed
brettvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 18:35   #359
ThermalAudio

ThermalAudio is on a distinguished road

hi everyone, first post for me (although i've been using this place for all kinds of help for about a year!)

my gf called out the RAC for this pas, blower, demister problem combo and the guy did the same mod as the beginning of the thread and it worked a treat.

as it was the middle of the day, my gf didnt think to test everything out (like lights).... when i got home i found that the dashboard doesn't illuminate when you put the headlights on. the panel lights (battery, handbrake etc) light up, but i cant see how fast i'm driving in the dark! the clock also had the wrong time on it. first thing i checked were fuses, they are all fine.

i have read before that the clock and the dash lighting are connected. given that this happened after the RAC chap did the mod that this thread is based on, could anyone give me any pointers on what to look for - dislodged cables etc.
any help greatly appreciated. i am a bit of a novice though so be gentle
ThermalAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 12:51   #360
thesaint999

thesaint999 is on a distinguished road

hello everyone, first time post, tried this mod and unplugged the battery while I did it, now the car wont start, my key light on the dash board is flashing, Im pressuming this is the immobiliser, I have no key pad or buttons on the key, just a normal key, any ideas as to what I have done , Im in the dog house with her indoors, tried the removed battery for an hour trick.
thesaint999 is offline   Reply With Quote