Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 10th May 2007, 15:03   #1
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Easty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant future
Default Raceland Blowing..

Hello chaps.

I Recently had fitted a raceland manifold. Where the pipe connects to the cat (or in my case de-cat pipe) the bolts that came with the manifold weren't the normal spring bolts which are on the standard manifold.

For some reason, the join isn't quite right, and it's blowing quite a bit. The garage did put some sealant around the join, but it's still blowing quite a bit.

Is this a common thing with the racelands ? Any info is appreciated !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_D View Post
I was close to it, so frustrating...my arm was aching like fuck, my dick was sore and my face was hurting from twisting it so much in desperation
Easty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 15:06   #2
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Have you got springs on the bolts?
Old 10th May 2007, 15:13   #3
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Easty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant futureEasty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste_1 View Post
Have you got springs on the bolts?
i am just going to jack my car and up and have a peek.
Quote:
I was close to it, so frustrating...my arm was aching like fuck, my dick was sore and my face was hurting from twisting it so much in desperation
Old 10th May 2007, 15:36   #4
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Old 10th May 2007, 17:05   #5
chrisni1986
Established Member

Car(s): EVO 5, 306XLD
iTrader Score: 2 (75%)
chrisni1986 is a name known to allchrisni1986 is a name known to allchrisni1986 is a name known to allchrisni1986 is a name known to allchrisni1986 is a name known to allchrisni1986 is a name known to all

what kinda condition was the gasket like that goes inbetween?
chrisni1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 18:13   #6
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

Is it blowing out one side more than the other?
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 18:16   #7
Easty
Saxperience Forum Bum

gasket is brand new, not sure what side blows most tbh !
Quote:
Old 11th May 2007, 13:22   #8
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

Seems like your missing the springs m8, without these i dont think you can stop the blowing, there cheap so go get some from citroen
what have you done witht the other lamda sensor?
FinchysSaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 13:31   #9
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

His car only has one as its a mk1
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 13:56   #10
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

re use the bolts from the old exhaust with the springs. In most cases that would work. They are supposed to tension the manifold and cente pipe together while allowing for a small amount of movement.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 23:31   #11
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 197 cup
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

i think the reason for the raceland having a nut welded to the manifold flange is so that you junk the spring method and just solid bolt it, mines together using springs and that blows! think its just a common problem to be fair mate!
Old 11th May 2007, 23:49   #12
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

imo i would re-use the springs and bolts and get a new gasket. jack it up and see where it is blowing from aswell
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 16:12   #13
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

have you got a gasket on both sides of the join? if not try that and hope for the best
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote