Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 24th May 2011, 20:57   #1
campshy

campshy is on a distinguished road
Default New Saxo Misfiring

Hey just bought a 2003 saxo vtr and and its misfiring. I took it back to the garage i bought it from and have been messed about so deciding to take it into my own hands to sort it. At the begining it was lacking alot of power and felt like it was going to cut out and when idleing the whole car would shake but I changed the spark plugs and coil pack which made it run alot better. It didnt shake the car as much as it was but it would still misfire at high-ish revs but it run better at low revs. I have been told it may need a inline fuel filter, airbox meter, head gasket or cat. Anyone had this problem before and can maybe point me in the right direction ? any help will be appreciated thanks
campshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 21:02   #2
c7borg
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
c7borg is on a distinguished road

When I had this problem it was the coil pack but you've changed it so I'd probably go with the cheapest thing first the fuel filter.

Could it be that the lambda sensor needs a bit of a clean with a wire brush?
c7borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 21:05   #3
campshy

yeah think ill be doing the filter 1st ill give the lambda sensor a clean too mate thanks ill get the cheapest things done 1st definatley
Old 24th May 2011, 21:14   #4
campshy

i forgot to add my mate has the exact same shape and the wire that plugs into the coilpack has another wire that attatches to the bolt at the side and it looks like its bolted on for a earth or something but mines has been snapped by previous owner and is just tie wrapped next to the plug on the coil may that be anything to do with it ?
Old 24th May 2011, 21:35   #5
stured
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2
stured is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling in the back of my head, i once swapped the coil pack and didnt attach that tag to the bolt/took it off to see what happened and it didnt run very smooth! Somthing bad happened anyways, was a while ago!
stured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 13:38   #6
c7borg
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
c7borg is on a distinguished road

Oh and I forgot to mention, check all your earth leads..
c7borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 13:06   #7
campshy

sorry not been on computer in a while its all sorted now was the wires that were causing the problem