Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st August 2011, 13:04   #121
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

It's pointless arguing with you, you just post inane boring bullshit, you have no idea what you're talking about, you can't prove anything and above all you just look like an idiot with a over hyped piece of shit mac you paid through the arse for.

If you're happy with your mac good for you (and yes I do mean this sincerely), I just don't give a fuck about it, you're in denial, why can't you just say "Bound and Adsayer, the machines you paid less than half the price for are hugley more powerful and higher performance than my mac (and I love Steve Jobs telling me what I can and can't do at every turn)", but you can't, because you're a arrogant clueless fool, and yes it shows. At least Ryan knows the facts and conceeds that MAYBE there is a reason windows has over 80% market share.

. aha.
Old 1st August 2011, 13:08   #122
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Adam you forget though that not everyone wants to/is ever going to open up their pc.

I had pcs for years, I was never interested in removing it and upgrading largely because I dont know where to start. Id buy a 1k machine or wtf it was and within months it was worth fuck all.

Look at it from a non geeky point of view about wanting to strip the thing down and rebuild it every 5mins a new processor comes out.

Pcs dont hold value well Macs do (thanks to the fact its a highly desirable product). So if you can afford the initial price of purchasing one its not that bad, plus my Imac you dont need much computer geekness to upgrade the ram.
If you were planning on only keeping a pc for a few months and then wanting to sell the entire thing then it'd be an issue, yar - But it's still not a strong argument. Most people keep their PCs, Mac's for years. You're in the minority if you can't work your way into a pc and replace the ram - that's not being rude by the way. Put it like this, you're being stubborn if you wouldn't go into your pc - if you can change a wheel on a car you can change the ram on your computer. Or if you genuinely won't go into a pc for what ever reason and you do need to upgrade then you buy a prebuilt machine for circa £400. sell the old one for say a tenner. Or sell your mac for £1000 (pulled off ebay for a previous gen imac) and pay £1700 for the 'latest' mac (which is the equivalent of £400 machine probably).

The figures still don't add up for the macs.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 13:18   #123
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
If you were planning on only keeping a pc for a few months and then wanting to sell the entire thing then it'd be an issue, yar - But it's still not a strong argument. Most people keep their PCs, Mac's for years. You're in the minority if you can't work your way into a pc and replace the ram - that's not being rude by the way. Put it like this, you're being stubborn if you wouldn't go into your pc - if you can change a wheel on a car you can change the ram on your computer. Or if you genuinely won't go into a pc for what ever reason and you do need to upgrade then you buy a prebuilt machine for circa £400. sell the old one for say a tenner. Or sell your mac for £1000 (pulled off ebay for a previous gen imac) and pay £1700 for the 'latest' mac (which is the equivalent of £400 machine probably).

The figures still don't add up for the macs.
Adam go and ask most consumers about this, its not about being stubborn. Most people have never taken a computer appart nor would want to (largely due to the fact if they fuck it up theyve got a dead PC). PC geeks love taking machines appart and upgrading other people dont.. Id hardly say the minorty of people dont strip down their PCs hence why the new market still exists.

Keeping a system over a period of time id favour mac.. in the 7months ive had mine ive done my usual hammering it with various crap, it gets laggy at times (usually thanks to forgetting to close several hundred windows on photos/firefox etc.) but ive had sooooo much less problems with it than any pc/laptop I had. Plus next to other machines with equal 4gb of ram its a lot faster when doing meaningless tasks like downloading images from the CF card.

Fact is people buy them for a reason, Neither system would exist if people were not happy with them.

Not everyone can go and build some mega spec PC because they have time/knowlege to build one, which is like everything in life. Some people pay to have their car serviced others use a dealership.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:09   #124
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
you're a arrogant clueless fool, and yes it shows.
Coming from someone who can't put a wheel on a car... But please do carry on enjoying your laptop or whatever you use to play your video games.

Quote:
At least Ryan knows the facts and conceeds that MAYBE there is a reason windows has over 80% market share.
You obviously ain't gonna agree with me on any subject whatsoever and just going to carry, on and on and on and on. If you persist on dribbling like that, you're gonna need a lifejacket at some point.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 14:16   #125
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

1 bolt was loose not the wheel. But that's the sort of irrelevant off topic bullshit I've come to expect from you.
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 16:14   #126
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Adam go and ask most consumers about this, its not about being stubborn. Most people have never taken a computer appart nor would want to (largely due to the fact if they fuck it up theyve got a dead PC). PC geeks love taking machines appart and upgrading other people dont.. Id hardly say the minorty of people dont strip down their PCs hence why the new market still exists.

Keeping a system over a period of time id favour mac.. in the 7months ive had mine ive done my usual hammering it with various crap, it gets laggy at times (usually thanks to forgetting to close several hundred windows on photos/firefox etc.) but ive had sooooo much less problems with it than any pc/laptop I had. Plus next to other machines with equal 4gb of ram its a lot faster when doing meaningless tasks like downloading images from the CF card.

Fact is people buy them for a reason, Neither system would exist if people were not happy with them.

Not everyone can go and build some mega spec PC because they have time/knowlege to build one, which is like everything in life. Some people pay to have their car serviced others use a dealership.
There are countless walk-throughs on the internet - If someone is adverse to installing ram into a computer I doubt they would be persuaded to try installing it in a mac. It's not as if you're incapable of doing it because I'm pretty sure you can follow a youtube walk-through dude.

Remember you're comparing a brand new mac against your ye olde medieval pc/laptop. If you'd bought a top spec pc you'd no doubt have said exactly the same things you're saying now. It struggles with zillions of windows open, it's really fast at loading a cf card etc

I could down grade my comp to 4Gb and I'm sure it would still be more than capable - in fact I've been monitoring my RAM usage since I got the machine and it's not gone past 3gb - So i did some research just now and it appears few machines are rolling on high levels of ram unless it's in a dedicated area like video editing or whatever. So I'm thinking of ditching 4gb, free up some slots for a later date when I can upgrade if necessary and have £30 to put towards something else in the mean time. I'm selling a mobo at the moment so might as well add it

So thanks for the well put together arguments (not really, he's just turned more and more hostile as the thread has progressed and provided less well rounded arguments to boot) from Manu et al. we've established there is no point in having a mac, other than it's white and nice looking and that it's fun to tell people they got ripped off as if that gives them some sort of kudos.

I'm off to play on my super fast £600 machine

Last edited by Barry123; 1st August 2011 at 16:16.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:22   #127
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

And whilst I'm on my anti-apple arsemunch-a-thon...

Fuck the iphone. I'm sick of not being able to view Adobe Flash on the fucking thing. Andriod phones can, why can't Apple? Why Steve? Who made you high and mighty deciding which software should be allowed on your shitty, 2 year odd behind-the-times technology, reception-free device? I'll tell you why Steve, you greedy bastard, it's because Flash will interfere with the sales of media on your overpoliced junk-chest of an Appstore. If I wasn't locked into a bastard contract for this piece of shit device I'd have gone long time ago. You can shove the overpriced fucking phone up your arse

Last edited by Barry123; 1st August 2011 at 16:26.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:23   #128
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

btw my mac isnt white.

its silver

Ive not had loads of shit laptops, i didnt just buy second hand ones, im comparing how machines have reacted over time to hard use. I used to have high end PCs and what not, always prefered AMD chips over intel and had them overclocked by mates etc.

Why is it that everyone feels that because a machine fits another individuals needs and is fits into how they work that its wrong? or should we all go and sell what works for us and run a system we dont like because the IT geeks like ripping their pcs open.

Im going to add ram to my mac, its not a case off job, i screw and clip in pairs. Job done, which will be perfect for when I begin video work. My mac sits on my desk gives me plenty of room underneath for me to fit my legs and has helped my workflow massively, which from someone who hates sitting infront of a monitor editing is a big bonus. I have noticed my programes are ALOT more stable, i lost count of the times my windows machines crashed loosing edits, the MAC does crash or freeze but it does it differently (spiing pie of doom) and ive not lost an edit midway through as it generally recovers the programe ok.

and you know im far from a mac fanboy (which is why i refuse to own another iFail as an excuse of a mobile)

Last edited by Ryan; 1st August 2011 at 16:34.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 17:33   #129
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
btw my mac isnt white.

its silver

Ive not had loads of shit laptops, i didnt just buy second hand ones, im comparing how machines have reacted over time to hard use. I used to have high end PCs and what not, always prefered AMD chips over intel and had them overclocked by mates etc.

Why is it that everyone feels that because a machine fits another individuals needs and is fits into how they work that its wrong? or should we all go and sell what works for us and run a system we dont like because the IT geeks like ripping their pcs open.

Im going to add ram to my mac, its not a case off job, i screw and clip in pairs. Job done, which will be perfect for when I begin video work. My mac sits on my desk gives me plenty of room underneath for me to fit my legs and has helped my workflow massively, which from someone who hates sitting infront of a monitor editing is a big bonus.

and you know im far from a mac fanboy (which is why i refuse to own another iFail as an excuse of a mobile)
Ryan, you're weird. You're beginning video work now?

I've become bitter and twisted after having forced myself to adopt a lifestyle of mac usage in the lab and discovering that all the woo-haa by people claiming mac's are amazing is just compete and utter, deluded bullshit. I'm sat on one now loathfully pressed keys into it's garbage keyboard, the only saving grace is I've unleashed from its shit covered shackles and put crappy (but better than the iOS offering from before) windows XP on it, it's been left on for the best part of 9 months, it hasn't crashed once. Fo' reel. I sound like a windows fan boy, suppose I am, this never happened until I had to fight with a fucking mac day in day out to do my daily tasks. I'm still looking for good reasons to choose a mac over a pc, because at the end of the day I'm still open to changing, if a mac provides a much more productive environment for me despite them being stoooopidly over priced then I'll go with one. But so far no one has provided any good solid reasons why (unless sound production, I can't rebute that statement because I have no experience of making electronica). I've even gone to mac website to see what they put as their selling points, and they just arse munch about design
Old 1st August 2011, 17:43   #130
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Yep videos something im going to move into too.

Espec as alot of artists seem to want someone who can do stills and video so doing both would be useful.

Honestly I got so fed up with programes crashing on all my laptops etc... I decided to bite the bullet and not looked back. As I said ive saved hours in processing time lost (from system crashes).

It takes a while to learn the Mac OS though, as it is totally different to windows which I had been using probably 10-15 years. Im still learning it but it is nice to use.

Re music production, the fact apple sells Logic specific keyboards seems to be a winner with quite a few, I didnt know they existed until a vist into the toolroom records studio.
Old 4th August 2011, 17:36   #131
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

I dont think much has come of this thread.... And i dont get people who slate macs when they use apple products like ipods iphones etc
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 18:56   #132
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
I dont think much has come of this thread.... And i dont get people who slate macs when they use apple products like ipods iphones etc
Because you like one product from a company you must like all the others?

I like VW golfs, I think fox's are shit, am I not aloud to think this?
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 19:29   #133
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Because you like one product from a company you must like all the others?

I like VW golfs, I think fox's are shit, am I not aloud to think this?
Im not saying that at all. Mac uses the same software available for mac as they do with theyre iphone ipads etc. everybody wants an iphone for one reason they are great phones. Im just saying i know people who slate mac computers yet they love theyre iphones. It just doesnt make sense, If they love windows so much buy a windows phone.... thing is they are shite
Old 4th August 2011, 19:45   #134
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Im not saying that at all. Mac uses the same software available for mac as they do with theyre iphone ipads etc. everybody wants an iphone for one reason they are great phones. Im just saying i know people who slate mac computers yet they love theyre iphones. It just doesnt make sense, If they love windows so much buy a windows phone.... thing is they are shite
Frankay, you're talking crap I'm afraid. Completely different OS's between iphone OS, that heap of junk OS on the mac, Windows 7 Mobile and Windows 7 for PCs.

I have an iphone, I largely detest it for completely different reasons to the complete disdain of macs.

iphone is:
slow
fragile
overpoliced
void of flash, java or any platform that comprises sales on the appstore
has minimal bluetooth support
etc

macs are:
overpriced
and shite.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:21   #135
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Frankay, you're talking crap I'm afraid. Completely different OS's between iphone OS, that heap of junk OS on the mac, Windows 7 Mobile and Windows 7 for PCs.

I have an iphone, I largely detest it for completely different reasons to the complete disdain of macs.

iphone is:
slow
fragile
overpoliced
void of flash, java or any platform that comprises sales on the appstore
has minimal bluetooth support
etc

macs are:
overpriced
and shite.
So why did you buy an iphone? eejit! They are far from rubbish sale figures talk for themselvs. Its just your opinion. which in my opinion is wrong.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:24   #136
Frankay
Established Member

Also i know theyre completley different operating systems. Im on about how they work and what they do etc. Thats apples selling point everything works with all theyre products. As in they look the same etc, Why do you think the new mac operating system is integrating features from theyre phones and ipads to the mac. Its because they work.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:27   #137
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
So why did you buy an iphone? eejit! They are far from rubbish sale figures talk for themselvs. Its just your opinion. which in my opinion is wrong.
Because fashion has had a large part in it. It became the must have accesory for kids, ultimately its flawed as a phone but most people ignore that because it looks good to get out of their handbag and play angry birds with.

I have a few apple things so im not anti apple either. Just dont feel that as a phone it is that great, as a multimedia toy it is ok(which is why i bought the bigger brother ipad for all that crap).
Old 4th August 2011, 20:29   #138
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Thats apples selling point everything works with all theyre products.
Apart from flash and so a ton of websites/programes in the iphone/ipads case.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:30   #139
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
So why did you buy an iphone? eejit! They are far from rubbish sale figures talk for themselvs.
Marketing is everything dude.

At the time that people were rocking out thinking they were cool with ipod classic 20gb 4th gens, I had a 30gb philips one with a colour touch screen, a magnesium case, showed album art, suggested playlists (like "genius" on the ipod), photos, that cost less than the ipod, worked with loads of 3rd party software and could do drag and drop.

The ipod was inferior, but Apple had better marketing.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 20:35   #140
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Marketing is everything dude.

At the time that people were rocking out thinking they were cool with ipod classic 20gb 4th gens, I had a 30gb philips one with a colour touch screen, a magnesium case, showed album art, suggested playlists (like "genius" on the ipod), photos, that cost less than the ipod, worked with loads of 3rd party software and could do drag and drop.

The ipod was inferior, but Apple had better marketing.
Agreed definatley it plays a huge part. This thread could go on forever. But i stand by my opinion in that apple computers are far superior to windows systems.