Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 5th May 2009, 19:57   #21
spiderxjz82
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): VX220 S/C
spiderxjz82 is on a distinguished road

Hah, yes indeed. They're not so bad, better than equivalent year corsa's or polo's and such.
spiderxjz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 20:13   #22
liam-o
Established Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
liam-o is on a distinguished road

some mk2 vtrs are at the lower 90bhp aswell...
liam-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 20:45   #23
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by camTcar View Post
vts=hottest hatch of the 90's
vtr=not far behind
we all love saxos but thats not true now is it?
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 23:56   #24
vtrmike
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): vtr gold mk1
vtrmike is on a distinguished road

lol sound like we all believe in our motor
vtrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 23:57   #25
vtrmike
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): vtr gold mk1
vtrmike is on a distinguished road

i do mine runs on red bull does 3.0 williams lol
vtrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 18:03   #26
captainroll

captainroll is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately this thread seems to have solved nothing so far. The owner has used some of the optimistic claims made in the 'how fast can yours go' thread to argue that his claims are completely reasonable.

Those who disagreed in this thread and said he is making false claims are labelled as mark one owners who are jealous. Thankyou for your views and opinions though.

Cheers, captainroll
captainroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 18:06   #27
camTcar
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk1 vts and ltd edition corsa
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
camTcar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy87 View Post
we all love saxos but thats not true now is it?
the vts wass definatly up there with a few others, and when i say hot i dont mean just the speed, it was cheap, cheerful, full of potential imo
camTcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 18:15   #28
Jaytee
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): 1.Saxo VTR 2.Saxo180
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Jaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team memberJaytee is a well respected team member

im a mark 2 vtr owner and its all bollocks lol,
the smell of rape was lingering a bit to long then?
Jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 18:19   #29
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

there is no difference whatsoever between the performance of a mk1 and mk2... what a poon tang
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 23:57   #30
liam-o
Established Member

liam-o is on a distinguished road

i wouldnt say no difference whatsoever but so marginal that its not really worth mentioning, apart from mk2's looking better 8-)
liam-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:00   #31
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

there is no difference, and thats a matter of opinion lol...

tbh I think mk1's look more agressive
Old 7th May 2009, 00:03   #32
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Only just seen this.
VTR super car killer,
Clio sport? no problem-o.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:05   #33
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

karl you know that lambo on track at lydden, my R, woulda smashed him if i was on track
Old 7th May 2009, 00:07   #34
rossfisher89
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts and Punto FS
rossfisher89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
Lol, what forum is this on?

It sounds like someone is suffering from the famous VTR attitude.

I removed the fogs from mine to prevent me from catching it lol.
I have a friend who claims his vtr runs at 120 bhp, and its shamelessly close to standard.

and i also agree the vts has to be the hottest hatch of the 90's, the vtr is quite a way outside the top 5 imo.

also i disagree its a good site, its a great site! nice to hear opinions of so many saxo enthusiasts i have learnt alot about the car since joining.
rossfisher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:10   #35
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
karl you know that lambo on track at lydden, my R, woulda smashed him if i was on track
obviously its quicker in a straight line,
but the Saxo would have it in the twisties......
Old 7th May 2009, 00:12   #36
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfisher89 View Post
I have a friend who claims his vtr runs at 120 bhp, and its shamelessly close to standard.

and i also agree the vts has to be the hottest hatch of the 90's, the vtr is quite a way outside the top 5 imo.

also i disagree its a good site, its a great site! nice to hear opinions of so many saxo enthusiasts i have learnt alot about the car since joining.
a VTR cannot be considered a hot hatch, if there is the same model car but a fair bit quicker,
its like saying the Zetec S is a hot hatch, when there is an ST model which is miles quicker...

as for hatch of the 90's.

Williams > VTS.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:15   #37
Roasthunter
Infrequent Poster

Roasthunter is on a distinguished road

Back in 1998 I hit about 120mph in my VTR, wouldn't go much faster than that. It's a black top Mk1 and still have it today.

Roll on to 2009 and I took it to a track day at Snetterton. Early on in the sessions I was faster than a tuned VTS which I put down to more experience. Had a few car issues later in the day which curtailed it but without a doubt the VTS was the faster car and pulled away in a straight line and once the younger guy gained a bit more experience and confidence but it wasn't as much as you'd think.

The Clio 172/182 at the circuit were considerably quicker and while you might keep relatively close from 0-60 it's going to kick your ass over any distance or on a track, I remember moving out the way of one which was all over my arse and had no problem pulling away.

All in all the VTR was at the bottom of the pack with the likes of MX5, the VTS was definately a bit quicker but not in the same league as the clio and not a patch on things like Civic Type-R, Scooby, Evo, Elise etc. The Saxo is a relatively slow car by modern standards but it's very fun to drive and ok in the corners.
Roasthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:20   #38
Ferg
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 197 Cup
Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!

I'm sorry but VTR's are slow, comparing them to a Cliosport is just LOL ... Drive a VTS and you'll soon realise this.

TBF I'm not sure i'd even call a VTS a hot hatch these days. In the 1990's maybe ...

Also CTR's are over rated. Lovely cars and i'd have one over my VTS in the blink of an eye but on track the differences between one and an S with a half decent driver isn't alot. I've passed and been stuck behind a few myself now. Although straight line speed there certainly do have that bit of extra grunt.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:21   #39
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
obviously its quicker in a straight line,
but the Saxo would have it in the twisties......
hrmm, I dunno, I was told by a mate, whos brothers sister, has an uncle thats an ex racer that died twice in a crash, that a VTR is mental mental fast...
Old 7th May 2009, 00:24   #40
rossfisher89
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts and Punto FS
rossfisher89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
a VTR cannot be considered a hot hatch, if there is the same model car but a fair bit quicker,
its like saying the Zetec S is a hot hatch, when there is an ST model which is miles quicker...

as for hatch of the 90's.

Williams > VTS.
ok williams and vts is debatable.

i never said vtr was a hot hatch mate, i personally dont think they are it's like a porsche boxster in comparison to a carrera just ask urself y buy a vtr?
rossfisher89 is offline   Reply With Quote