Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

View Poll Results: Which Is The Better Phone?
iPhone 5 8 57.14%
HTC One 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th May 2013, 17:16   #1
iMystikz
Established Member

iMystikz is on a distinguished road
Default iPhone 5 vs HTC One

I'm really confused as to what phone to get.

The price difference really doesn't matter so I'm just wondering on different opinions on what phone I should get!

I've had an iPhone 4/4S for the past 3 years and I love everything about them apart from the battery life, I'll be getting the 64GB one if I do because 16 or 32 does nothing for me. I've always loved Apple and I'm a sucker for expensive iPhone cases and buying a song straight from iTunes while being out and having it straight away.

I've always disliked HTC's and Galaxy's because of the round chunky look, but The new HTC One reminds me of an iPhone and for me, the point of jailbreaking an iPhone is so its similar to an Android phone..

Isit time to leave iPhones behind?

Thoughts
iMystikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 17:47   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

. .

Last edited by Mochachino; 26th May 2013 at 21:20.
Mochachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 20:57   #3
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I have a 4s, and say you sat the bottom and one edge in line with the HTC One.. its about 15mm taller, and 10mm wider..

Good phone is the HTC, but i personally will be sticking with apple. purely for the usability, the ease of use of itunes and the app store, and I've never had anything go from with my 3, 3gs, or 4s..

I don't think you can compare the 2 really, between a iPhone 5 and a HTC One, purely down to preference.. Best thing to do, is go into a phone shop, look for the display models, and have a play on them! The HTC On paper is better, but its weather you want facts and figures, or something you will actually like using every day

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 21:14   #4
iMystikz
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
I have a 4s, and say you sat the bottom and one edge in line with the HTC One.. its about 15mm taller, and 10mm wider..

Good phone is the HTC, but i personally will be sticking with apple. purely for the usability, the ease of use of itunes and the app store, and I've never had anything go from with my 3, 3gs, or 4s..

I don't think you can compare the 2 really, between a iPhone 5 and a HTC One, purely down to preference.. Best thing to do, is go into a phone shop, look for the display models, and have a play on them! The HTC On paper is better, but its weather you want facts and figures, or something you will actually like using every day
Yeahhhh I get you! I think I will go and have a play with the HTC, I'm played around with an iPhone 5 quite a bit and I love it! I probably will end up getting an iPhone but I just love the look of the HTC.

iTunes is a BIG deal for me too! I was gonna wait for the 5S but that might be coming out in September?! Too long to wait lol iMessage too which I forgot about!
Old 26th May 2013, 21:30   #5
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Yeh, september every year the release of the new iphones are..

The HTC is an awesome phone, i have played on my mates a bit, but i just prefer iOS to use, plus it saves learning a whole new system

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 21:35   #6
iMystikz
Established Member

True! And the amount of money I've spent on the App Store is ridiculous lol and on Cydia too, probably why I'm poor!
Old 27th May 2013, 06:54   #7
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

I was in the exact same position as you, but I decided to go for the HTC as the iPhone 5 is practically the same as a 4.
Don't regret it yet lol, seems a decent phone, decent battery life - all round pretty good.

It just depends how much you like Apple!! I used to say I would never get another make of phone but Im glad I went for something different.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 08:18   #8
iMystikz
Established Member

Thats exactly what I've been thinking! But I love Apple and when it comes down to it I think I'll stick to an iPhone, mainly for iTunes and all the awesome cases I can buy for it but I'm shocked how nice the HTC is! I have a month to decide anyway
Old 27th May 2013, 10:51   #9
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Well it's up to you really, Yeh it isn't quite as simple as an iPhone but I got used to it very quickly - some things are better than an iPhone, other things aren't but it's still a really good phone. And I'm sure you can get just as many accessories for the HTC.

I would definitely go into a shop and have a play around on both.
Old 27th May 2013, 10:56   #10
iMystikz
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muel View Post
Well it's up to you really, Yeh it isn't quite as simple as an iPhone but I got used to it very quickly - some things are better than an iPhone, other things aren't but it's still a really good phone. And I'm sure you can get just as many accessories for the HTC.

I would definitely go into a shop and have a play around on both.
I'm gonna go and have a look at the HTC later today! I already know the 5 like the back of my hand, It's just a better version of my 4S anyway, I like how the iPhone 5 is really light to hold too. We'll see!! Cheers
Old 27th May 2013, 12:10   #11
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

I have HTC ONE. Get it. Fuck Apple lol. Too restricted on them.

Boomsound is just class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 13:02   #12
iMystikz
Established Member

Ooooh Its 50/50! It will be a close call either way, can't wait to have a play with the HTC though!

I've just realized how big the HTC One actually is, Its A LOT Bigger than the iPhone 5 and I like the size of my 4S.

I think I'm gonna stick with the 5.

Tbh I think HTC/Samsung's are more for Men and iPhone's for Women! (Size wise) We have smaller hands

Last edited by iMystikz; 27th May 2013 at 14:20.
Old 27th May 2013, 14:44   #13
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Hense my question i asked you earlier, if you had seen it in person or next to the 5 then you would have realised how big it is.
Old 27th May 2013, 18:13   #14
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Yeh it is big! But I honestly don't notice it (until I pick up my iPhone 4 lol)
Old 27th May 2013, 18:36   #15
iMystikz
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muel View Post
Yeh it is big! But I honestly don't notice it (until I pick up my iPhone 4 lol)
Yeahh It's a lot bigger than a 4/4S! I looked up the measurements of the HTC and the iPhone 5 before I decided I wanted it, There isn't THAT big of a difference, just a bigger better screen.. I had a play on one today, I like it! I'm so undecided.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:02   #16
hectic_saxo

Car(s): Saxo vtr 2003
hectic_saxo is on a distinguished road

would have Togo apple products
I have an iPhone 5. I might get an iPhone 6
hectic_saxo is offline   Reply With Quote