Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 30th May 2012, 19:16   #1
WorthingSaxoVTR
Regular Poster

WorthingSaxoVTR will become famous soon enough
Default DJ's

Any Dj's on here, what stuff you mix and where you get your tunes from ?

Have just stared mixing a lot to learn and using cd's not software.

Getting my tracks from http://www.cdpool.com/ as they choose the latest hists and put them all on a cd for ya.

As lasy and cant be assed to trawl through pages of tunes

Not sure if to stick with house though or go down the DnB route
WorthingSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 19:22   #2
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Black Corsa C SRi
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
LeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to behold

Beatport for me, trance and house mainly? Digital for now with an S4 and traktor 2.5 thinking of getting 1210's and traktor scratch
Old 30th May 2012, 19:26   #3
D1zzyman
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

D1zzyman is on a distinguished road

i am indeed but i'm not too keen on it any more since i enjoy being a producer more. logic and reason
D1zzyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 19:30   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Now in 'music' section.

Blast from the past though

Beat port is the popular place to get tracks, most labels sell on here before the likes of iTunes etc. I'd stay house, dnb is much more of a niche market at the moment and infact has been for a long long time.

Last edited by Ryan; 30th May 2012 at 19:32.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 21:51   #5
christoph
Established Member
South East Region Member

christoph is on a distinguished road

Can't really say alot on the CD side of things i download all my music and use traktor pro with a VMS4. As for your choice of music, might not be your thing but dubstep has really become a commercial market. Lot of people like it these days might be an idea to dabble with that. I've done quite a few house parties and you stick a nice heavy drop dubstep track down, the place normally goes nuts ha
christoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 09:20   #6
Jase125
Established Member

Car(s): Pug 106, Saxo vtr
Jase125 is on a distinguished road

i do, havnt long had the numark ns6, good bit of kit!
Jase125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 13:05   #7
dj_enzo
Established Member

Car(s): rx8 (vag 1.8t project) civic type r (ep3)
iTrader Score: 1 (67%)
dj_enzo is on a distinguished road

i'm drum and bass and i mix VINYL with my 1210s but with a twist tho cos its through traktor pro 2 on my mac. i get send alot of my tunes but yeah like everyones said beatport track it down and dnb arena download are all great places
dj_enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 13:35   #8
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

I use CDJ1000s and mix house CDs I bought in the 90s
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 15:52   #9
dj_enzo
Established Member

my gf has just brought the limited edition cdj2000's in white with white 900 nexus mixer so gonna have to spray my technics white to match in the studio
Old 31st May 2012, 16:03   #10
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_enzo View Post
my gf has just brought the limited edition cdj2000's in white with white 900 nexus mixer so gonna have to spray my technics white to match in the studio
Your gf just spend near as makes no difference 5 grand on you?

Pics or gtfo
Old 2nd June 2012, 15:45   #11
WorthingSaxoVTR
Regular Poster

WorthingSaxoVTR will become famous soon enough

yep blast from the past
WorthingSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 19:22   #12
dj_enzo
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Your gf just spend near as makes no difference 5 grand on you?

Pics or gtfo
haha na not for me she's a dj as well. check her out dj anna kiss.
will get some pics up when we've set the studio up after we get back from cyprus
Old 11th June 2012, 19:48   #13
Benji-Westcoast
Regular Poster

Car(s): Silver Westie, Posi VTR
Benji-Westcoast is on a distinguished road

i primarily mix hardcore, with some drum and bass and makina (spanish techno) for a bit of variation. use cdjs for the hardcore and get tunes off trackitdown and usual places, but vinyl for the dnb and makina though as alot of it is old stuff that isnt available on cds and i cant be fucked on with ripping tracks from vinyl. plus using the 1210s is much more fun than pressing play on the cdj.
Benji-Westcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 20:39   #14
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji-Westcoast View Post
i primarily mix hardcore, with some drum and bass and makina (spanish techno) for a bit of variation. use cdjs for the hardcore and get tunes off trackitdown and usual places, but vinyl for the dnb and makina though as alot of it is old stuff that isnt available on cds and i cant be fucked on with ripping tracks from vinyl. plus using the 1210s is much more fun than pressing play on the cdj.
I use vinyl and CDJ and I can confirm (for those less experienced/educated) that you don't simply press play on a decent CDJ

If anything, you require just as much skill to operate, say a CDJ1000/2000 as you do a 1210, but you can be more creative with it
Old 12th June 2012, 23:12   #15
Benji-Westcoast
Regular Poster

Car(s): Silver Westie, Posi VTR
Benji-Westcoast is on a distinguished road

id have to disagree with you there mate, although i admit i've over-simplified cdj use in my post i definitely feel theres a greater skill and more of a learning curve with using vinyl

for example if a mate comes round to mine and the decks go on, even an inexperienced user can sort of hold a mix on the cdj, due to faster cueing and bpm readouts etc, whereas you put them infront of the turntable and they are more often than not absolutely hopeless.

what i was really referring to though was the way the feel and sound of vinyl is much more enjoyable in my opinion than using cdjs. and id like to think that in owning one CDJ800 mk2 and one CDJ1000 mk3 i know a little about operating 'decent' cdjs
Benji-Westcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 09:59   #16
craig180p
Yorkshire

I think I understand what you're saying with the ease of cueing but I never rely on a bpm counter for mixing. You still have to manuallt set the tempo.

I can hold a 3 minute mix on cdj or vinyl and the beatmatching/tempo matching takes just as much skill on either.
Old 15th June 2012, 03:09   #17
scotthep
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
scotthep is on a distinguished road

Is there any decent dj'ing forums .? Or music ones for house,Tech, electro kinda music .?
scotthep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 09:47   #18
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

soundarea.org music forum. pellas, tunes, all genres.

I myself started out on turntables, now I have cdjs too. and they are midi controllers but I don't really use that functionality. Tbh I'm working more on my producing lately aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote