Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd July 2012, 23:00   #1
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!
Default Dual monitor help

I'm wanting to run a dual monitor setup off my laptop for uni work however I'm totally mind boggled as to if it will work. My laptop has a HDMI and VGA output which I'm wanting to connect both to 2 x 22" LG monitors. The monitors have HDMI, DVI and VGA input so thats easy enough.

However I'm struggling to understand if this will work or not? I don't want my laptop screen on so would just be running the 2 screens with the lid shut (using external keyboard and mouse). My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 9600m GT if that helps. I've had a good search on the internet but found nothing giving a definitive answer.

Any help would be great. Many thanks!

EP3 Civic Type R - soon to be JRSC'd
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 09:04   #2
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
Ross is on a distinguished road

yes, you should be able to run both screens just as you want - once from VGA into one monitor, and HDMI into the other. Your graphics properties on the OS (Windows 7? Vista?) will allow you to mirror/extend etc as you desire.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:15   #3
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum

Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossDagley View Post
yes, you should be able to run both screens just as you want - once from VGA into one monitor, and HDMI into the other. Your graphics properties on the OS (Windows 7? Vista?) will allow you to mirror/extend etc as you desire.
Ahhh that's cool, I read that sometimes integrated cards don't always allow dual monitors but I think I should be ok as it was a fairly high spec laptop 2 or 3 years ago and still runs great now. Yeah it's on Windows 7 and I believe I can also change the properties through the Nvidia control panel.

Thanks Ross!

Old 24th July 2012, 13:17   #4
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
Ross is on a distinguished road

yep - nvidia control panel is what you want to use, or the standard windows 7 interface). Should be very straightforward - the HDMI monitor will be auto-detected by the laptop, and the VGA one (blue socket normally) wont auto-detect, so you may need to let the laptop know it's there - either through control panel, or a key combination on your keyboard (FN and a screen symbol or something).

Give it a go and if you get stuck, shout.
Old 24th July 2012, 18:14   #5
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, i have this.... One HDMI 22 inch and one VGA to my less used 32 inch tv on the wall.

Plug them both in and configure dual screen on your settings in your laptop. Jobs a gooden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 13:19   #6
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum

Cheers guys, they should hopefully arrive tomorrow . Will let you know when I get them up and running!