Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 15th January 2015, 15:00   #1
Samuel
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MK2 VTS
Samuel is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Brand new pc FALSELY advertised?

Bought a laptop off a legit laptop sale site the other week. Ccl pcs or something. Just got this email.

Afternoon, please accept our apologies for the delay in contacting you. We have a problem with your order. The item that you have ordered and the price paid is or a refurbished HP laptop. Can you please let us know if you would like a refund or if you are happy to accept the order.

Thank you

My response:

Surely if this is your mistake you would replace it for a new one ..... I paid the price for a new one and that's what I've been expecting to receive this past week. This does not seem like satisfactory customer service to me.

Samuel

Surely legally there's some right of sales act that would cover me from that and as it's their mistakes they have to cough up a new one as I've paid for..... Can someone with knowledge please advise me on this? Really not happy
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 15:07   #2
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

No. You are not covered. They have no legal requirement to provide goods when a genuine mistake has occured.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KamRacing For This Useful Post:
Old 15th January 2015, 15:16   #3
Samuel
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
No. You are not covered. They have no legal requirement to provide goods when a genuine mistake has occured.
Not the answer I wanted to hear 😭😭 thanks anyway ..
Old 15th January 2015, 15:16   #4
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Just get a refund and look elsewhere.

I'm sure you have heard about the time when M&S where selling TV's for next to nothing on accident and didn't honour them, same with the Car Jacks on Amazon recently.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brettles1986 For This Useful Post:
Old 15th January 2015, 15:53   #5
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

To get them to send you the laptop you would probably have to take them to court to prove that they had accepted your purchase at the point you paid. You will have to check their T&C of trade to see when this point is. Most will state that this is only on dispatch of the goods. The reality is your purchase is only an offer to buy.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 11:37   #6
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

bait and switch. Get your money back

Quote:
you would replace it for a new one
they could replace it with a refurbed one and you wouldn't even notice. go shop somewhere else
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 11:42   #7
Samuel
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
bait and switch. Get your money back

they could replace it with a refurbed one and you wouldn't even notice. go shop somewhere else
Yeah that's the other concern I guess.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:28   #8
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

when any company tries any sort of funny business with me, they instantly lose a customer, simples
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 10:36   #9
Samuel
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
when any company tries any sort of funny business with me, they instantly lose a customer, simples
Yeah me also. In the end I just got a refund which is taking its time to come through. Friday he said he put it through, but I guess my bank doesnt process refunds on statement over weekend. Sometimes they dont. Ill pop in after work today and see if theyve got more info than me or received anything thats in the process. I wont be shopping via them ever again. In the end I found a very good deal from argos on a quad core, so went with them. At least I know it's new lol...

Cheers.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:36   #10
Samuel
Frequent Poster

For everyones general knowledge...... The site was CCL computers.
Old 4th February 2015, 01:03   #11
DipSnapStick

DipSnapStick is on a distinguished road

Hmm,. I've had dealings with CCL Computers they're also just in Bradford just off the M62 if you're interesting paying them a visit...

They're not the most reputable people, they always seem to be making mistakes / pricing errors.

Depending on the circumstances, I beleive their TOS states that nothing is guaranteed until they have dispatched the items and provided an email confirmation for that.

So unless you got the item, and then they realised later, you're a little knackered.
DipSnapStick is offline   Reply With Quote