Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 28th July 2015, 08:52   #1
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road
Default New Desktop PC Advice.

Hi there,I'm no expert and I need a new desktop PC,It will be used mainly to play HD videos (720 possibly 1080) and it would be nice if it was able to play medium to high setting games.

I was looking at some of pre-built PCs on Ebay and these would fall in my budget just fine,this one is what interests me most:

PC:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1910250962...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Monitor:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AOC-22-21-...item2ed2692e0c

Operative System:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-...item2eda1600a5

Is this a good spec PC? As said I'm no expert so I will take any advice I can,many thanks.
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:38   #2
SuperDry

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 Modified Simota Induction Kit Peco Race
SuperDry is on a distinguished road

Build something with 16gb ram, i7 cpu and gtx titan graphics card and you will last a good 10 - 15 years because that is top performance.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 15:52   #3
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiRoN View Post
Hi there,I'm no expert and I need a new desktop PC,It will be used mainly to play HD videos (720 possibly 1080) and it would be nice if it was able to play medium to high setting games.

I was looking at some of pre-built PCs on Ebay and these would fall in my budget just fine,this one is what interests me most:

PC:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1910250962...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Monitor:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AOC-22-21-...item2ed2692e0c

Operative System:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-...item2eda1600a5

Is this a good spec PC? As said I'm no expert so I will take any advice I can,many thanks.
I've just bought that exact pc a couple of weeks ago!

It's really decent for the price but the graphics aren't the best. I've already upgraded the graphics card to a Asus gtx 750 ti which is really good for the price. The only problem is the power supply hasn't got a 6 pin plug so I've had to get a adapter. I've also ordered a bit more ram to go with it. Still worth the 240 quid tho
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 16:06   #4
Boothy_UK
Banned

Car(s): a cunt for a eye
Boothy_UK is on a distinguished road

That is pretty good for the price, Upgrades possible too.

Just don't get an apple!
Boothy_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 16:27   #5
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

You can get a moderate spec pc for hella cheap nowadays. Paid £550 in parts 3 years ago and built it myself (don't think for a second it's hard, it's a piece of cake!), and that's capable of playing anything on medium settings with decent fps. Have a look on scan and browse various components for prices, impo, don't buy a pre built PC.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 17:17   #6
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

What's your budget, maximum? I'll go on Scan myself and build you one for that spec that IMO would benefit and achieve what you want.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:19   #7
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
Build something with 16gb ram, i7 cpu and gtx titan graphics card and you will last a good 10 - 15 years because that is top performance.
10 - 15 years? Show me a PC you built 10 - 15 years ago that can run any games today?

You might get 3 years out of it before your looking to upgrade

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Old 27th August 2015, 11:39   #8
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
10 - 15 years? Show me a PC you built 10 - 15 years ago that can run any games today?

You might get 3 years out of it before your looking to upgrade
Spot on.
Old 27th August 2015, 19:57   #9
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

If you are into PC for gaming and want to play "play medium to high setting games." then you really need to look at going for top spec now (price to match) and then hope you can continue at that spec for a year or two. Then you really need to realise your into a never ending battle to upgrade or buy a whole new rig to support the latest and greatest.

Thats why i canned PC gaming years ago, the conintual need to upgrade to play the latest games at high spec became a waste of money for me and i moved into console gaming.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 21:20   #10
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Well i can play high settings on games now with the computer hes looking to buy but ive put £150 into it so it comes to about £390. Not bad i think but you could get it cheaper if you build it yourself. I couldnt be arsed to tho haha
Old 28th August 2015, 14:37   #11
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Someone buy me this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palit-Nvid...item4d3630cf7f