Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 13th November 2013, 14:40   #1
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!
Default Sony to disallow reselling of games

Theyve updated their Terms Of Service to include sections about disc based software and how a user is not allowed to resell or otherwise trade games unless expressly authorised to do so by Sony and any other publisher.

Sony say that the terms will not affect your rights to resell games. But if thats the case, why have they added them?
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 15:11   #2
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Theyve updated their Terms Of Service to include sections about disc based software and how a user is not allowed to resell or otherwise trade games unless expressly authorised to do so by Sony and any other publisher.

Sony say that the terms will not affect your rights to resell games. But if thats the case, why have they added them?
"a user is not allowed to resell or otherwise trade games "
"the terms will not affect your rights to resell games"

Bit of a contradiction by Sony there, either the news has been misquoted or it's been misunderstood.
Old 13th November 2013, 15:55   #3
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Id take it as Sony got caught on the hop and are trying to PR spin it. Could be theyre planning it for the future.

Its only a matter of time though, as thats the way Steam works.
Old 13th November 2013, 15:59   #4
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

I can't see it happening but we'll see.

I don't know why either consoles even started this. If you buy the hard copy it's YOURS to sell, smash, trade or do whatever you like. As it's always been, right? it's starting to get abit stupid now

Digital stuff you can't even copy anyway or sell on
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 16:37   #5
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

by law you arent buying the game or even the disc the game is on: youre only buying a licence to play that game which is a bastard.

Ultimately its all down to money. Steam is taking in a fortune, and you cant sell or trade games on that. Take distributors and retailers out of the equation and your company makes fuckloads more profit, even at a lower retail price.
Old 13th November 2013, 16:48   #6
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
by law you arent buying the game or even the disc the game is on: youre only buying a licence to play that game which is a bastard.

Ultimately its all down to money. Steam is taking in a fortune, and you cant sell or trade games on that. Take distributors and retailers out of the equation and your company makes fuckloads more profit, even at a lower retail price.
Are steam games 1 code use games only?

I wonder if thats coming for us.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 17:27   #7
TomT
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
TomT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Are steam games 1 code use games only?

Would not surprise me
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 18:23   #8
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/1...rms-of-service

That was hard to find out...
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 18:39   #9
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2003 Icelandic Grey 16v VTR 1991 Daihatsu GTti
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Mickswan is on a distinguished road

EA games were similar until recently, if you bought the second hand game you had to buy the online code as well.

What I don't understand is how a game can be more expensive on the Playstation Store, not as many costs etc it mental.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452645
Mickswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 19:25   #10
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickswan View Post
EA games were similar until recently, if you bought the second hand game you had to buy the online code as well.

What I don't understand is how a game can be more expensive on the Playstation Store, not as many costs etc it mental.
maximum profit y0.
Old 13th November 2013, 19:33   #11
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
almost definitely. With digital distribution you cut out everything in the supply chain so all that lost profit is back into your company. And if youre the only one selling it, you set whatever price you want. Great business model really.

Steam are going to be launching their own console soon, so thatll sell a fair bit and push games ever closer to download only.
Old 13th November 2013, 20:50   #12
monka
Established Member

monka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
going on that then, surely if you snap your disc, sony/who ever should send you one out to continue playing???
monka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 22:01   #13
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

no, the disc is only a means to an end, its you who broke it. However sales laws protect you if it fails due to poor manufacture
Old 15th November 2013, 08:29   #14
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Will depend on the game manufacturer, I wouldn't be surprised if EA decided to go ahead and charge second hand fees through an online activation code. Trying to grab maximum money as their old games such as fifa 09, tigerwoods 10 etc are worth almost sweet fuck all on the second hand market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monka View Post
going on that then, surely if you snap your disc, sony/who ever should send you one out to continue playing???
most games companies include that in the game manual. You can send them the broken disc and a fee, then they'll send you a new copy back to you. That's been going on for yonks, playstation one era as far back as I can remember.

Snapping a disc is almost 100%unlikely to happen if you take adequate care, in the exception of a faulty disc drive. I used to have a PS2 that would scratch discs near the center.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 18:21   #15
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

I don't see what the problem is with just downloading the games from playstation network...

You can download the game on up to 5 machines... So just go halfs with someone and you will only have to pay half the price for the game
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 18:54   #16
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
I don't see what the problem is with just downloading the games from playstation network...

You can download the game on up to 5 machines... So just go halfs with someone and you will only have to pay half the price for the game
Tried that not long ago, had no joy.

Old 17th November 2013, 19:58   #17
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickswan View Post
Tried that not long ago, had no joy.
I'm not sure why... Me and my brother do this with most games

We have done it with gta 5 and also cod ghosts and both work fine

He also has playstation plus, so I just log in as him on my ps3 then download the game of the month for free and all is fine when I log back in as me
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 20:15   #18
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

When I done this for the nap packs on black ops two it said no. However a few months earlier I put all the bf3 map packs on my mates no problem. I must have just fucked it some how.

Old 15th April 2016, 22:40   #19
Shaun_w_o

Car(s): Saxo Desire 03
Shaun_w_o is on a distinguished road

It won't be long before more company's do it, steam has done it and look how much they are making and as a big PC gamer I prefer to just be able to download them, it means I don't have to keep putting a disc in and out and risk it getting scratched and then not working, steam is great buy it, download it as many times as you like as long as you are logged in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaun_w_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 13:22   #20
Synister
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye
Synister is on a distinguished road

*Cough* 3 year old thread... *Cough*
Synister is offline   Reply With Quote