Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 16th June 2019, 19:30   #1
02FiveO
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio VTS 1.4 2002
02FiveO is on a distinguished road
Default Hi all, been a long time....I have a weird one for you???

I have a Saxo 2002. The front washwipe works well. But the rear wipes, but when turning stalk to add water, it won't do water, but does make the front wipers wipe without water!!! Any ideas?
BEAR IN MIND (YOU ALL KNOW THIS...BUT ITS A COPY PASTE Q. FROM FIXYA)...the washwipe motor is a 2 way one that should do front and rear screens. Also, to operate front w/wipe is to pull stalk to myself. Rear is turn end of same stalk away from myself to wipe and even further to add water. I have tried switching wires on watertank motor and it just sends the water to rear when trying for front screen. Have put a new identical motor on, but same results.
Fixya was no help by the way!
02FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2019, 20:00   #2
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road

Haha i have the same problem as you. Replaced pump and all the clear hoses, problemstill there<br><br>Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2019, 20:12   #3
02FiveO
L-plater

Default Hmm,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathancilia View Post
Haha i have the same problem as you. Replaced pump and all the clear hoses, problemstill there<br><br>Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Yeah, its a weird one!
I don't like the idea of taking the steering/airbag apart to look in there!
Old 16th June 2019, 22:26   #4
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road

Mine is like this : i wipe the rear comes water from the front <br>I wipe the front water comes from back <br><br>All piping is new i dont know what the heck i should look for else<br><br>Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2019, 22:52   #5
02FiveO
L-plater

Default Ok, try this

Maybe a case of swapping the 2 connectors on the washwipe water tank motor!
Have already looked at my washer motor which is on the bottom of the washwipe tank.
You will need to remove the driver side inner wheel arch plastics carefully, maybe just the front part only....was a year ago I did this.
Then you can see the washer tank, but still not an easy job ahead as I remember.
I had to use 1 hand to remove the motor out of its tank socket and waste whats in the tank.
There is a little extra wire, so you maybe able to move the motor closer to you to handle with 2 hands.....unless some idiot has been there before you and cut them shorter for no good reason!
Check what colour wires and which prong its connected to, use pliers, gently wiggling the connectors off and re-connect the opposite way.
A little force is needed to push the motor back into the tank socket.
I suggest adding a pint of water to test things, before re-fitting anything else

Not easy, just but a bit fiddly....good luck!
Old 17th June 2019, 08:10   #6
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
aldred309uk is on a distinguished road

I had an issue where no matter what I did water came out of the front. I replaced the washer pump and that fixed it. When doing this I found it helpful to have a mug of hit water when refitting the screenwash hoses. Dip the end of the hose in the hot water for 10 to 15 seconds and that should make the end of the hose soft and pliable and make refitting an ease.

Is the water coming out of the wrong end of the car or are the front wipers wiping even if you're trying to wash the rear? I've been up since 0330 after a few hours sleep for work so I'm a bit mentally slow this morning. If when you wash the front it sprays rear and wash rear it sprays front then I would just swap the two hoses to the opposite outlet on the screen wash pump but if the wiper arms are going when you wash the rear I'm not too sure, maybe a new stalk would sort that out.
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2019, 08:11   #7
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
aldred309uk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathancilia View Post
Mine is like this : i wipe the rear comes water from the front <br>I wipe the front water comes from back <br><br>All piping is new i dont know what the heck i should look for else<br><br>Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk<br><br>
You need to swap the 2 hoses around on your screen wash pump, use hot water to soften the hose ends to make the job easier.
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 17:53   #8
02FiveO
L-plater

Default Hmm,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02FiveO View Post
Yeah, its a weird one!
I don't like the idea of taking the steering/airbag apart to look in there!
Yep, thats what I want to avoid doing.
But seems the stalk switch is ok.
Old 5th July 2019, 18:06   #9
02FiveO
L-plater

Default Mmmaybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
You need to swap the 2 hoses around on your screen wash pump, use hot water to soften the hose ends to make the job easier.
Its a thought, but then I won't have water for front screen, just the rear.
But you do point me to maybe using the front hose and adding in a junction to that, so front and rear get water when I want it on the front screen.
Atleast I get to clean the rear screen doing that, but
The front squirt, at the moment is very powerful and could probably cope with losing a third of squirt power?
I might have to plug the pump motor rear outlet then, if I tried this.

AND this 'cowboy idea' would be much better than have nothing at all!

Thanks.
Old 5th July 2019, 18:13   #10
02FiveO
L-plater

Default Agree with other abswer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
Aldred309uk is right, just swap the hoses around on water pump motor.
Wish mine was that easy to solve!
Old 5th July 2019, 18:38   #11
02FiveO
L-plater

Something else scares me a little, but its only a possibility...
Previous owner back when?....fitted a stereo and whilst Ive had it, stereo never once held a station menory!
Its possible he somehow got things horribly wrong and ended up playing with wires that didn't need touching.
Have already seen some iffy wiring on the washwater tank motor that I made good,plus a couple of other things.
Was thinking he has connected washer motor via the secondary RED live wire for stereo stations memory, but I could be way off with this???
Old 5th July 2019, 19:02   #12
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

radio wiring is in a totally different area to the headunit, that'll be just a pin in the wrong slot on the plug, or the adapter loom, easy to sort.

sounds like you need a new stalk to make the washers work properly.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to welshpug For This Useful Post:
Old 8th July 2019, 21:35   #13
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02FiveO View Post
Was thinking he has connected washer motor via the secondary RED live wire for stereo stations memory, but I could be way off with this???
Stereo uses the yellow permanent for memory, double tapping something on the red would normally not affect the radio setting. If there was a problem (I don't know how many amps the pump needs) of the pump being, you would have most likely blown a fuse or noticed a dip in sound power while being in use.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manu For This Useful Post:
Old 9th July 2019, 23:03   #14
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Stereo issue will just be that you need to swap the red and yellow wires. They are different on a saxo to most cars. If you currently have red to red and yellow to yellow you need to swap it over so that red on the loom is connected to yellow on the steroe and vice versa.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dturbo For This Useful Post:
Old 31st July 2019, 17:55   #15
02FiveO
L-plater

Many thanks to all....
I have done a successful 'cowboy' job!
Bought a 4mm Y connector, a 4mm cap and extra piping, for about £4 on eBay.
Made a 30mm pioe for top of Y, to connect to pump motor.
Pulled both old pipes from pump motor and fitted them to the Y, capped the rear screen feed on pump motor, then fitted the Y onto pump motor. Fairly tidy job.
Result is a bit better than expected! Long pulls for front screen is still powerful, but I get a strong drizzle of water down the rear screen, which is easily enough to clean it with!
BUT I can also do numerous short pulls for front screen and no water gets wasted onto rear screen when I don't need it!