Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 11th April 2010, 13:18   #921
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
that pic is awesome Ads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoAL View Post
Brilliant pic mate! Perfect quality
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
Show off!

Ads, did you Morettes fit straight on with no problems? My o/s one 'fits' but isnt flush, looks like it might need a spacer underneath it to bring it in line with the wing.
chris man, they came with the car... but the fit is pretty good I've found. I've got to say the wiring is appalling really so I think what with an alternator wiring fault that I've got that it's a good excuse to remove the loom and give it a good overhaul... do you have a pic of how 'unflush' it sits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
Those pilots are a very long lasting tyre. Did the sidewall/inbetween the tread block start cracking? Purely with the age of the tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastroadkid69 View Post
ive always brought michelin pilots, and they always crack with age lol.
They're amazing tyres guys. They're on about 2mm of thread now, I had a check yesterday and there are slight cracks starting to appear. so it's probably a good time to shift them... they are, after all, 7 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bob View Post
Do this give good grip as well as last forever? I think I need to invest in some for the VTS once the current ones are knackered

What are they like it the wet? Do they grip still or do you end up aquaplaning everywhere?

James
James I've never had a problem with grip, they're predominantly a sports tyre but check out here the spacing between blocks... again I've had no problem with them in the wet...

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...85#post3371185

They're about £100 a corner fitted.

Ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 13:29   #922
Jim-Bob
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region Member

Car(s): Looking for a 205...
iTrader Score: 52 (100%)
Jim-Bob will become famous soon enoughJim-Bob will become famous soon enough

Cheers Ad!

Will get those next I need a tyre which will grip nicely when I want a blast down the B roads, but need something hard enough to not need replacing everything few months as I have an 80 mile (20,000 miles a year) daily drive

Pilots look like the way forward for me!

James
Jim-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 14:19   #923
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Excuse the dirt and paint bodge job, I'll get it sorted ASAP

Oh I thought you got them after buying the car. Agreed, wiring is shocking, a custom job is needed methinks.

N/S sits perfect, I think the O/S needs to be unscrewed, moved to where I want it and drill in some new holes. Anyway, a couple of quick pics I just nipped out to get:

El perfecto

El not so perfecto

Bad isn't it ?
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 19:17   #924
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mint 106 rallye, Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
joe333 is on a distinguished road

looks ok dosent looks that bad!!

My new 106 rallye fast road/track Progress Thread!!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=409293
joe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 12:55   #925
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

More new shoes...

Incidently I have the old Michelins (2mm tread) which are ideal for track use for sale.

ads
Old 17th April 2010, 21:36   #926
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

Thats a cracking pic ads.

think it is fair to say that Two Tone's are the best colours.

Your getting good life out your Pilot's ... think my rubber might need to be changed soon
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 22:34   #927
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Can't go wrong the Michelins mate.

I'm running two of them on my new car, will upgrade to the others too eventually.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 14:05   #928
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie_m View Post
Thats a cracking pic ads.

think it is fair to say that Two Tone's are the best colours.

Your getting good life out your Pilot's ... think my rubber might need to be changed soon
The tyres do indeed seem to last forever which is niceeeee!

I do like the randomness of the colour scheme, you don't see many cars come out of a factory which such a combination of colours. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I'm running two of them on my new car, will upgrade to the others too eventually.
What are the others? and why are they different?

OKKZZZ...

The car has recently breezed through the 100,000 mile barrier so I can now look forward to the saxo randomly disintegrating at some point in the near future...

Just to keep you updated with what has happened recently.

I had a oil leak, suspected it was leaking from the sump.... so nice simple job to sort out, so you'd think...

For some spackass reason which is beyond me, I 'discovered' the oil sump plug was very tight so decided to plop a breaker bar on to it... only to realise after the plug was just spinning around that I'd overtightened it to the point where I'd stripped the threads

Anyway after fucking the sump up, I just bought a new one (£100.50 ) and save hassle of buying a duff 2nd hander. After that was fitted all seems well yay.

Now, I bought the ITG Maxogen kit a couple of months back which I was pretty happy about, except that it was gobbling air from the engine bay...

After a discussion with Andy Jackson at ITG (hats off to the guy for the help by the way), we determined I had the maxogen kit from a scummy MG/Rover ZR160. So after a weee wait, these turned up today...

So now I should have a proper enclosed induction. And not a moment too soon as the car really bogs down in slow traffic at the moment what with the sunny spell we've got...

The Sunday just gone... I met this funny looking fellow...

and snatched from his possession this...

A Kenwood PS500F
and after a quick clean...

To be honest I'm a total I.C.E noob so looking forward to blowing fuses, amps and cars up no doubt when I get round to fitting it.

And that's it!

ads
Old 15th June 2010, 14:29   #929
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr15 View Post
Excuse the dirt and paint bodge job, I'll get it sorted ASAP

Oh I thought you got them after buying the car. Agreed, wiring is shocking, a custom job is needed methinks.

N/S sits perfect, I think the O/S needs to be unscrewed, moved to where I want it and drill in some new holes. Anyway, a couple of quick pics I just nipped out to get:

El perfecto

El not so perfecto

Bad isn't it ?
That sucks, I hate alignment. I had a similar problem on the same side. THe other side sits fine/recessed into the wing, passengers side protrudes .

I 'fixed (bodged) it with a cable tie pulling the brow under the headlight tight to the wing, doesn't move the actual headlight, but made it look better.

Enjoy spam unrelated to your progress Sayer.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:31   #930
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

spam away my little spammer....
Old 15th June 2010, 15:05   #931
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): focus tdci, clio v6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!

go on sayer my son! you must have got to the point where your wonderign how many miles you can get on it!

low miles is overated imo
Old 15th June 2010, 15:19   #932
Meto
Established Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Meto is on a distinguished road

This is slightly off topic, but how do you get 40-odd mpg from a 100k VTS!? On what sort of roads do you drive on, and when do you roughly change gear?

Ps-I have read the thread you made on improving MPG as well.
Meto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 15:38   #933
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh85 View Post
go on sayer my son! you must have got to the point where your wonderign how many miles you can get on it!

low miles is overated imo
low miles is for arsemunchers, cars are for driving innit! well after the oil leak dude I was thinking 'oh heck what if its the headgasket?', having never so much as remove the cam covers from an engine I was papping it a bit at the thought of having to do it. But got lucky with the sump. I had a good look at the crank and rods and oil pump when the sump was off and they looked absolutely spanking.

However it's got me thinking about buying a random 1.6 16v engine and just leaving it at sayer towers for me to strip completely back and rebuild with a random spec which I can slowly build up over a year or so. anyway I'm not getting rid of the car anytime soon so in the meantime lets hope for another 100,000 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meto View Post
This is slightly off topic, but how do you get 40-odd mpg from a 100k VTS!? On what sort of roads do you drive on, and when do you roughly change gear?

Ps-I have read the thread you made on improving MPG as well.
Hey man, best oil I can get basically, and change it every 8k or so. I actually left the last lot in for 12k and by the time I drained it the oil has lost any sign of it's golden colour and was completely manky black. The change in mpg just from the oil change was impressive enough.

All the mods I did I chose careful around the potential affects of the mpg... so like with modding for power, you're trying to improve the efficiency of the engine, extract more power from the basic system. Well the same applies to mpg... its just applying them is different..

The VTS is actually at about 40.1 mpg at the moment (that's an average over the 26k miles I've owned the vehicle so includes ALL my driving, good and bad). It was around 44 mpg but I stuffed an XSi gearbox in the car which has killed the mpg by 10% which is annoying to say the least. But it is very easy to get good mpg from it, simple tips really and just echo'ing what is in the MPG Guide...
At start up, get moving but be extreeeemely gentle with the acceleration until the engine is warmed up, gear up early say 2.5k rpm. Don't rag it and don't drive like a stereotypical saxo driver.

Last edited by Barry123; 15th June 2010 at 15:40.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 15th June 2010, 16:09   #934
Meto
Established Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Meto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

Hey man, best oil I can get basically, and change it every 8k or so. I actually left the last lot in for 12k and by the time I drained it the oil has lost any sign of it's golden colour and was completely manky black. The change in mpg just from the oil change was impressive enough.

All the mods I did I chose careful around the potential affects of the mpg... so like with modding for power, you're trying to improve the efficiency of the engine, extract more power from the basic system. Well the same applies to mpg... its just applying them is different..

The VTS is actually at about 40.1 mpg at the moment (that's an average over the 26k miles I've owned the vehicle so includes ALL my driving, good and bad). It was around 44 mpg but I stuffed an XSi gearbox in the car which has killed the mpg by 10% which is annoying to say the least. But it is very easy to get good mpg from it, simple tips really and just echo'ing what is in the MPG Guide...
At start up, get moving but be extreeeemely gentle with the acceleration until the engine is warmed up, gear up early say 2.5k rpm. Don't rag it and don't drive like a stereotypical saxo driver.
Ahh, so I take it you use thinner oil to get better MPG. I always change up by 2500rpm at all times, and i suppose I'm guilty of changing up slightly too early, which isn't ideal.

Anyway, I'll stop spamming now, and thanks for your help!
Meto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 16:12   #935
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

5W-40 Silkolene Pro S... So slightly thinner at cold dude

Old 16th June 2010, 07:47   #936
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore

dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!

i only at the weekend got a good run with my xsi box, its a tad annoyin as its over 4k at 70 so you can just imagine the fuel being cained!
i dunno if its just me but i kept feelin the need to change gear all the time then realising i was in 5th
you get used to it i guess though!
Old 16th June 2010, 09:25   #937
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Good progress

Give me a shout if you get stuck with amp

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 13:05   #938
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh85 View Post
i only at the weekend got a good run with my xsi box, its a tad annoyin as its over 4k at 70 so you can just imagine the fuel being cained!
i dunno if its just me but i kept feelin the need to change gear all the time then realising i was in 5th
you get used to it i guess though!
I with you brother. Hang on, mine is a tad 4k under at 70 mph... sure you haven't got an s1 rallye box? you know you can change the 5th gear for a taller one though mate? You need a base model 106 box from s1 era... 0.767 is the ratio - nothing else will do. That'll bring the 5th gear ratio back to that of a VTS box saving you about 10% fuel in the process, I'm still on the hunt for one... but obtaining such a box is unlikely on saxp and 106moaners is memberfuckingship-only now. bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_R32 View Post
Good progress

Give me a shout if you get stuck with amp
Cheers man! I will as I haven't yet sorted out fitting the damn thing. It's focking huge! If I'm honest I'm going to be pretty picky about it, I need some sort of method of easily removing it and yet retain audio to the speakers when the amp is not in use... tricky, perhaps impossible?!

anyways....
Wooo initial fitment... needs neatening up a bit but otherwise the ITG is sorted! Going to rolling road it in the next couple of months and see whether this kit is any good or not!

Old 16th June 2010, 14:26   #939
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore

nah its defo xsi i had the code checked, maybe it was tad under or thereabouts
mind you my speedo is over reading so my rev counter could possibly be too although rev is digital and speedo is cable

i think the worse part about it is that its bang on the start of the power band and just urging you to make that overtake at speed
Old 20th June 2010, 14:22   #940
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

were you reading from GPS then...?? If so, I think 70 (true) will be over 4k rpm.

Got a new(ish) battery tray, cheers Mankee! The old one must have been exposed to battery acid before I bought the car (is was rusty as hell back then but wasn't a priority for me to fix).

New one...

yay.