Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 27th April 2011, 17:36   #981
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Good news!!! Whats next for it??
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 18:40   #982
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Finest decat or value? Buy cheap buy twice!

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 19:00   #983
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Not much jimbob! Quite pleased that it's running and legal at the mo! Still got to lob a VTR 5th on it and/or a quaife. Noticed a chappy had a quaife VTS box on sale here but having had the XSi box I can't quite bring myself to go back!

And the 3-plug Predator, that's probably more of a priority for me actually. I realise some might go 'LOL adsayer noob, y u no ph3s wif predator lololol' and yeah the internals of the engine are standard but it runs very well (137hp with a leaky middle, prior to the following... decat, injector clean, full inlet clean, ITG maxogen, mani wrap, fully syn eng and gear oil). I figure having the Pred means I can go back to standard octane, without sacrificing power or mpg. In fact because I can modify the map at will I can pop a safeish lightly lean mixture in a save a shit load of fuel for eco and I can optimise the fueling/hp for the uprated parts

That's the plan ! How about yours mate?

Pic:
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 19:01   #984
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Finest decat or value? Buy cheap buy twice!
magnex!
Old 14th August 2011, 23:28   #985
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Old: Two Tone VTR New: C2 VTS Code
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
logic_guy is on a distinguished road

Just read through your whole thread. I'm very eager to get my doors de-locked now

Your car is coming along very nice. I'm assuming your now running the Xsi box with a VTR 5th gear? How is it? I was planning to do the exact same (Before i even read your thread)
logic_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 10:39   #986
moxy89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Astra vxr with added boost
moxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to all

adsayer you whore, car looks tidy very very tidy, aint got shit on mine though
moxy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 14:08   #987
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic_guy View Post
Just read through your whole thread. I'm very eager to get my doors de-locked now

Your car is coming along very nice. I'm assuming your now running the Xsi box with a VTR 5th gear? How is it? I was planning to do the exact same (Before i even read your thread)
Technically it's done mate, progress has kind of stopped, I'm happy where it is at the moment - it runs superb and doesn't cost the earth to run in the process. The only reason I'll change anything on the car is if a part fails or is worn. So chances of anything changing soon are limited. I have the VTR 5th (well it's a 1.1 5th but they're the same), however it won't be going on unless there is a problem with the clutch/gearbox or something along those lines - if that does happen then I'll replace the flywheel for a lovely lightweight one too.

That said, the last time I drove the car was going to and coming back from Le Mans and going into 5th felt a bit odd, nothing major, but felt like a notch of resistance, so it may be sooner than I anticipated!

With the delocking, defo get it done. I can't stand seeing a matted silver lock on the saxos now Also, get it deaerialed too, aerials on cars look gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxy89 View Post
adsayer you whore, car looks tidy very very tidy, aint got shit on mine though
haha. Mine can have passengers in the back though.... can yours do that now?! By the way, this isn't meant to be rude or anything but I'm a little surprised by the peak hp of yours compared to mine, mine is about 13 hp up on yours, what were your mods?
Old 15th August 2011, 15:18   #988
moxy89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Astra vxr with added boost
moxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to all

ran 126.6bhp with a 421 manifold... yeah check me out
moxy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 18:48   #989
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Also, get it deaerialed too, aerials on cars look gay.
glad you mentioned that. where do you get the blanks from? also the rear washer jet (if there is one?)
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 19:26   #990
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

I didn't blank it dude. I had a bodyshop remove and smooth it. The rear washer I've kept (along with the wiper). I love my rear wiper too much!
Old 15th August 2011, 19:53   #991
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure 5th gear can be changed with the gearbox on the car, should you need to go down that road.
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 20:07   #992
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeumH View Post
I'm pretty sure 5th gear can be changed with the gearbox on the car, should you need to go down that road.
Agreed it can be done with box on the car.

The only potential problem I could see would be room to get hub pulleys in there for swapping the cogs around, and access to punch out the retaining pin for the selector fork.

That and having the wrong thickness of cog to fit the input shaft
Old 15th August 2011, 22:40   #993
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Ads - I'm right in believing that you now have 10% faster acceleration with this Xsi box, then your Vts box?

Vts 0-60 = 7 Seconds?
Vts (Xsi G/b) 0-60 = 6.3 seconds?

Quite impressive really. 5th gear = fuel saver.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:42   #994
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeumH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Agreed it can be done with box on the car.

The only potential problem I could see would be room to get hub pulleys in there for swapping the cogs around, and access to punch out the retaining pin for the selector fork.

That and having the wrong thickness of cog to fit the input shaft
Yep I pulled off the 5th gear cover a few months back to see how much space there was to remove the cogs without pulling the box off... decided against it

Raunchz do you know if I need to change the syncro on the 5th gear as well or can I use the VTS/sports ones, so essentially just change the cogs themselves?

Quote:
Ads - I'm right in believing that you now have 10% faster acceleration with this Xsi box, then your Vts box?

Vts 0-60 = 7 Seconds?
Vts (Xsi G/b) 0-60 = 6.3 seconds?

Quite impressive really. 5th gear = fuel saver.
Not quite mate, sorry I should have been more specific... you get around 4% better acceleration over a wide speed range so from 20-120 mph ish. That includes about 1.15 secs when the car is not accelerating during shifts. So the in-gear acceleration is higher, but because the in gear improvement will vary in each gear to save boggling peoples minds I just cobbled a total together from 2nd gear (hence the 10% value - also as it's probably my most used gear when I would get a chance to fully use it). The in-gear acceleration improvement will vary (worst in lower gears, best in higher gears), that's because the quantity of acceleration is roughly fixed irrespective of gear selected (due to the final drive changing - at around 0.28 m/s^2) but a breakdown is as follows:

1st - 7.17 % increase
2nd - 9.89 % increase
3rd - 15.18 % increase
4th - 33.82 % increase

So it's more effective at the higher end.

Hope that's not too confusing lol!

Ads
Old 16th August 2011, 18:08   #995
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Yep I pulled off the 5th gear cover a few months back to see how much space there was to remove the cogs without pulling the box off... decided against it

Raunchz do you know if I need to change the syncro on the 5th gear as well or can I use the VTS/sports ones, so essentially just change the cogs themselves?

Not quite mate, sorry I should have been more specific... you get around 4% better acceleration over a wide speed range so from 20-120 mph ish. That includes about 1.15 secs when the car is not accelerating during shifts. So the in-gear acceleration is higher, but because the in gear improvement will vary in each gear to save boggling peoples minds I just cobbled a total together from 2nd gear (hence the 10% value - also as it's probably my most used gear when I would get a chance to fully use it). The in-gear acceleration improvement will vary (worst in lower gears, best in higher gears), that's because the quantity of acceleration is roughly fixed irrespective of gear selected (due to the final drive changing - at around 0.28 m/s^2) but a breakdown is as follows:

1st - 7.17 % increase
2nd - 9.89 % increase
3rd - 15.18 % increase
4th - 33.82 % increase

So it's more effective at the higher end.

Hope that's not too confusing lol!

Ads
Yes, VERY. Your a very clever lad, put it that way (Thats if your not trying to make it all up lol)

Simply as i understand, you now have 7.17% quicker acceleration in gear 1, 9.89% quicker acceleration in gear 2..... so on so forth ?

Did you mention in a earlier post that you made a spread sheets to work out the gearing's ? Would you be able to send me a copy if that would be ok?

Thanks

Last edited by logic_guy; 16th August 2011 at 18:16.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:32   #996
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Yes, VERY. Your a very clever lad, put it that way (Thats if your not trying to make it all up lol)

Simply as i understand, you now have 7.17% quicker acceleration in gear 1, 9.89% quicker acceleration in gear 2..... so on so forth ?

Did you mention in a earlier post that you made a spread sheets to work out the gearing's ? Would you be able to send me a copy if that would be ok?

Thanks
Sorry about that mate, if makes it any better I read it back to myself and it doesn't make any sense to me either. Yeah the benefits in acceleration are most pronounced at the higher gears rather than the lower ones. 33 % sounds ace but you have to remember that the rate of acceleration in 4th is pretty low by that point - end result though is the car is quicker, which is the important bit!

Yeah the spread sheet (or Saxo Calculator as I call it)... is here

Ads!
Old 17th August 2011, 00:32   #997
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Sorry about that mate, if makes it any better I read it back to myself and it doesn't make any sense to me either. Yeah the benefits in acceleration are most pronounced at the higher gears rather than the lower ones. 33 % sounds ace but you have to remember that the rate of acceleration in 4th is pretty low by that point - end result though is the car is quicker, which is the important bit!

Yeah the spread sheet (or Saxo Calculator as I call it)... is here

Ads!
You sir, are a gent!

I have to install Excel, i will do this tomorrow. I'm assuming you can change gear ratio's and tells you acceleration times etc etc,

Thank you very much x

Edit - Some Macro's are corrupt in the section "Speed per gear, per RPM"

Last edited by logic_guy; 17th August 2011 at 00:46.
Old 17th August 2011, 08:01   #998
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

You can use the sports synchro as far as I remember

+ I just get #NAME all the way through the speed per gear calculation
Old 17th August 2011, 13:53   #999
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
You sir, are a gent!

I have to install Excel, i will do this tomorrow. I'm assuming you can change gear ratio's and tells you acceleration times etc etc,

Thank you very much x

Edit - Some Macro's are corrupt in the section "Speed per gear, per RPM"
Yep you can dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
You can use the sports synchro as far as I remember

+ I just get #NAME all the way through the speed per gear calculation
Brill that makes life a little easier.

Not so brill, on the speed per gear... You guys sure you're okay'd the use of the macro?

Ads
Old 17th August 2011, 19:51   #1000
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Yes, We Ok'd it