Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 26th February 2019, 21:47   #101
SpijkerVTS

SpijkerVTS is on a distinguished road

Drove a 4 and a bit hour round trip for a pair of seats the other night definitely worth it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
SpijkerVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 01:05   #102
SpijkerVTS

Removed the old seats today and put away, cleaned and hoovered the carpet again, then fitted the omp frames, was abit of a task drilling out the side mounts to fit the seatbelts i bought but all sorted eventually.

So pleased with the outcome and being able to keep my rear seats, not wanting the stripped out look aha

Old 22nd March 2019, 19:42   #103
SpijkerVTS

Fresh mot on the old girl today

Old 29th March 2019, 20:02   #104
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Lovely car, looks in great condition!! If you ever think about selling you know where I am

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 29th March 2019, 22:40   #105
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Looks great, love the wheels too i used to have them on mine, i think the pro race 1.2's are the best wheel for a saxo
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 23:46   #106
Furioman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Ford focus 2.0 Saxo VTS
Furioman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_SaxoForte View Post
Looks great, love the wheels too i used to have them on mine, i think the pro race 1.2's are the best wheel for a saxo
Na they are a cheap imitation of the alloys in
raunchz avatar
Old 7th April 2019, 00:24   #107
SpijkerVTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Lovely car, looks in great condition!! If you ever think about selling you know where I am

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate needs abit of paint here and there but shes decent now , haha will do ill add you to the list

Old 7th April 2019, 00:26   #108
SpijkerVTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furioman View Post
Na they are a cheap imitation of the alloys in

raunchz avatar
Complete different purpose, not imitations completely different wheels and one of the most popular wheels going because theyre well priced , light and extremely strong

Old 7th May 2019, 19:47   #109
SpijkerVTS

Soo what an eventful few days its been, dragged the saxo out to use while my daily was in for some work, thought i wouldnt be let done by my trusted french steed as to date ive had no issues.

I couldnt of been more wrong , so ever since ive had it on the odd occassion from cold i go to pull away and the car stutters alot until in 2nd gear then it clears...never really done anything about it as i dont use it often.

Went to use it the other day and the idle was pretty irratic it wanted to stall but didnt, i showed the lads on facebook and they advised me to replace the idle control valve which made sense, replaced it the idle seemed good but now everytime i get to a set of lights while slowing down it stalled i had to bump it to carry on going.

Soo another post and a few ideas later ive replaced coolant temp sensor, coilpack, map sensor and fuel filter also ....guess what it still does it the massive french turd

Soo im stuck now few people saying lambda sensor so thats next on the list, parts are cheap and at least i know alot of them are now new which is nice i guess.

Ive also done a coolant change as it looked horrendous and flushed it out as best as i could, which i found it has a nissens radiator bit of a bonus.

Then an oil change with a new filter as its been nearly a year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 9th May 2019, 21:43   #110
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Don't discount the throttle potentiometer. Mine went and it gave me erratic idle, occasional misfire when driving and just general poor running.

I have also had the lambda go (it was actually OK but there were wiring issues). This made the car splutter and die constantly, you couldn't save it unless you went full throttle (where lambda is ignored) or switched it off and on again. Still don't fully understand what was happening there, I think it's to do with mine having a JP4S swapped into it but running off the saxo ECU.

Throttle pot is the same as found on the VTR by the way.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2019, 09:53   #111
SpijkerVTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturbo View Post
Don't discount the throttle potentiometer. Mine went and it gave me erratic idle, occasional misfire when driving and just general poor running.

I have also had the lambda go (it was actually OK but there were wiring issues). This made the car splutter and die constantly, you couldn't save it unless you went full throttle (where lambda is ignored) or switched it off and on again. Still don't fully understand what was happening there, I think it's to do with mine having a JP4S swapped into it but running off the saxo ECU.

Throttle pot is the same as found on the VTR by the way.
cheers mate ive also ordered a fuel pump as i had a rallye converted to a 16v once and i remember it having same symptoms when i got rid of it , the next guy said he had issues with it cutting out all of a sudden, he changed the pump to a gti one and it fixed it, im gunna do the pump today hopefully, and if that doesn't work lambda and tps will be next , then all the sensors are pretty much brand new
Old 16th May 2019, 18:46   #112
nuttysaxo
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road

nice mate , though I am liking saxos standard now , lowered a wee bit sets them off nicely though
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 23:57   #113
SpijkerVTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttysaxo View Post
nice mate , though I am liking saxos standard now , lowered a wee bit sets them off nicely though
Cheers bud i loved how it looked standard, just drive wise it was far to wobbly to what im used too had to be changed so started building the car i wanted when i was 20 or so now i can afford to do bits aha<br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 17th May 2019, 23:58   #114
SpijkerVTS

Sooo new sender with new fuel pump already built inside, and still the same problem, hey ho another new thing ticked off the list , trying a new crank sensor tomorrow<br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 18th May 2019, 07:35   #115
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

I'll be surprised if it turns out to be the crank sensor. when mine was misbehaving (lambda) it would get steadily worse, running rougher and rougher over a few seconds then splutter and die. I wondered about lambda so cut the wires to allow me to simulate intermittent loss of signal. I found that even the most minute loss of signal (I created very quick loss of signal by open circuiting one of the signal wires very rapidly and briefly) - the car would just die instantly when losing signal. My money is still on lambda or tps.
Old 19th May 2019, 21:18   #116
SpijkerVTS

Tried a new throttle position sensor, new lambda sensor and a new crankshaft position sensor now bud still broken <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 20th May 2019, 14:11   #117
nicholasVTS

nicholasVTS is on a distinguished road

Get it booked in a garage.
nicholasVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 18:45   #118
SpijkerVTS

If only it was that easy, dont trust many garages round my way nothing but trouble and issues in the past, they also dont see it as a rare old vts, just as a shitroen scrapso theyve not worked on in a long time, that you cant pull codes from as it doesnt have obd2...would cost a fortune and no ones interested in touching it<br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 21st May 2019, 06:52   #119
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

No EML on? Do you have Lexia by any chance? Struggling to think of anything else tbh. Does it do it when the engine is still cold or just once heated up? Does the car drive normally aside from this (is it just an issue of cutting out when returning to idle) ? Did you clean the port that the IACV sits in? Also did you replace the IACV with a new one or a 2nd hand one?

EDIT: another thought, have you checked out your fuel pressure regulator? There should be a vacuum line goes to it, under vacuum (i.e. idle and light throttle) the vac 'helps' the diaphragm to move thus reduces pressure under these conditions, when you floor it the vacuum collapses and the pressure is higher as it is no longer helping to move the diaphragm. Could check that you have vac there (pop the pipe off and check for vac at the end of it during idle).

Last edited by dturbo; 21st May 2019 at 07:14.
Old 23rd May 2019, 20:20   #120
SpijkerVTS

No eml light on bud, whats lexia bud? Ive taken off my fuel pressure reg checked the pipe feels fine not brittle at all seems strong though, ordered a fuel pressure reg in for tomorrow will give it a crack before shipping it off to my mates thanks!<br><br>Have to say its a good looking garden ornament <br><br>Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk<br><br>